1200sf Downtown Dc Apartment Walk to Everything
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Kalorama apartment description
A beautiful oasis of quiet tranquility in the heart of Washington. Steps to grocery stores, drug store, dry cleaners, 24/7 food and entertainment. Walk to metro, buses across the street, taxi available any time of day/night, zip car and city bikes around the corner.
Newly decorated with eclectic mix of modern and antique furniture, new hardwood floors, warm rugs, fireplace, leather furniture, 65' TV, large closets and nicely furnished bedrooms.
This is a great location to see the city, enjoy DC's most interesting restaurants and nightlife, museums, theater, the national zoo, and all the sights the city has to offer.
Penthouse unit has use of the gardens with outdoor seating, porch, fully equipped kitchen, wifi, Large TV, Satellite tv, fireplace, washer/dryer, all towels, sheets, linens, beautifully decorated with new rugs, furniture, large living room and kitchen area, microwave, toaster oven, coffee makers, dishwasher, large storage closets yet minutes to all major DC attractions - National Mall, White House and work areas such as World Bank, Federal agencies, Smithsonian, Convention Center, etc...
Shop, work, and play in DC's best neighborhood and make the most out of your stay in the nation's capitol!
Keywords: Dupont Circle, Kalorama, Embassy Row, Adams Morgan, National Mall, White House, Metro, Neighborhood, close to everything in DC, Near George Washington University, Connecticut Ave, Downtown offices, Washer/Dryer, Air conditioning, dishwasher, nearby parking
- On floor 4
- 1200 sq. ft.
- 4 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Limited Accessibility:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- King size beds (1), Double Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Maker:
- Pantry Items:
- Cooking Utensils
off street parking is available next next door for appx $20 per day, or on street parking is free with a pass from the police station down the street. (in the heart of the city - cars not needed)...moreless
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Hair Dryer
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Mountain Biking
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Basketball Court
- Paddle Boating
- Massage Therapist
- Roller Blading
- Mountain Climbing
- Ice Skating
- Water Tubing
- Equestrian Events
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Outlet Shopping
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Horseback Riding
- Gambling Casinos
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Recreation Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- In the Heart of DC - Beautiful Garden welcomes you to this great location in secure, upscale, and lovely downtown DC neighborhood yet easy walk to all major attractions, metro, bus service, 75 restaurants and shops, family friendly, free street parking or adjacent parking for fee, close to Rock Creek Park for riding bikes or running, gyms, walk to bars and night life, no car necessary. Perfect for American Institute for Radiologic Pathology (AIRP) course students - The property is on the bus route that goes directly to the course buildings ( approximately 15 minutes). A little neighborhood history: This area historically was part of the 19th century estate 'Kalorama' and enjoyed a reputation for its natural ambience. It was not until the turn of the century that urban development extended the city of Washington into and beyond the borders of this area. The land that now comprises Kalorama Triangle was subdivided in the early 1880s. It was the redelineation of Connecticut Avenue (1897-1907) in conjunction with construction of bridges and the introduction of two major streetcar lines that formed Kalorama Triangle and established its urban character. Kalorama Triangle, due to the contracted period of time during which it was developed, as well the awareness of architectural styles, is a particularly important illustration of the aesthetics of middle-class speculative housing during the early years of the 20th century. The neighborhood is composed both of examples of high style architecture and modest builder-designed dwellings, but it is primarily a showcase for the stylistic variations of popular trends. Three important styles are abundant in Kalorama Triangle: English Arts and Crafts, Georgian Revival and Mediterranean (including both Italian and Spanish derivatives). The first house constructed on the newly subdivided land was the Fuller House NR in 1893 at 2317 Ashmead Place. This house, designed by its owner, Thomas Fuller, is an early and important representation of the influence of the English Arts and Crafts Movement on residential architecture in the United States. In 1898, Walter Peter introduced the Georgian Revival style into the district with his design for the residence at 1842 Mintwood Place. This style met with great popularity as a mode for rowhouse design. An example of the Colonial Revival style is 1901 Biltmore Street. It was built in 1901 by Alex Miller to the design of Speiden and Speiden. Several dwellings, 1848 and 1923 Biltmore Street, for example, illustrate a mixture of both Mediterranean and Georgian Revival styles. A.R.Taylor built 1923 Biltmore Street in 1907 and Arthur B. Heaton designed 1848 Biltmore Street in 1909. 1850 and 1852 Biltmore Street provide the most handsome examples of the Mediterranean influence in the Kalorama Triangle. They were designed and built by W. Granville Guss for himself in 1911. The popularity of the Spanish Revival style rose in the 1920s. The firm of Sonneman and Justement designed a row of houses on Ashmead Place that were built in 1921....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the garden apartment. The location is perfect for easy access to the Metro, zoo, restaurants, grocery. The apartment is comfortable and had everything we needed. Perfect for our family of 4 (including 2 young kids). Owners could not have been nicer. We had a great time in D.C. and would definitely stay in this unit again.
- Guest bunchie36 (Wilmette, IL)
- Date of stay 03/23/13
- Review Submitted 09/18/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, tourists without a car, age 55+, families with young children, pet owners, girls getaway.
We rate our overall experience as VERY good, not just good. Great location in safe and vibrant neighborhood of Adams-Morgan, a short walk to Metro at Woodley-Zoo, restaurants, groceries. We stayed 9 nights and easily got to Mall and other sights via Metro, and to zoo, Cathedral, embassies via pleasant walks. 4th floor walk-up apartment was comfortable, with two bedrooms, remodeled bathroom, tv. The kitchen is extremely small, howeve - just refrigerator, range, and sink - with no counter space at all; have to prep meals at table and advise washing and putting away dishes immediately after use. Kitchen would be fine if you took all meals out, but with kids, we ate there some nights. We didn't use laundry, but it was nice to know it's there. The master bedroom was somewhat noisy due to being right next door to the AC unit of a popular restaurant, as well as the dumping of the glass recycling in the bin down below and some weekend revelry, but when apartment AC is on, it probably wouldn't be noticeable. Owners very friendly and helpful with questions. We really enjoyed our stay.
- Guest Ruby's Family (Seattle, WA )
- Date of stay 04/11/13
- Review Submitted 04/22/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, tourists without a car, families with young children, girls getaway.
Great Apartment in great neighbourhood
Great Apartment in great neighbourhood
Spent a week in this terrific apartment in a beautiful house in a great part of town. Clean, well maintained, comfortable and completely functional. A great part of town is right on the doorstep with bars, restaurants, shops and supermarkets to cater for all needs. We will be back.
- Guest DC23 (London)
- Date of stay 04/13/13
- Review Submitted 04/20/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, tourists without a car, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway.
Wonderful Vacation Home
Wonderful Vacation Home
This location is beautifully decorated inside and outside the home, close to all the conveniences of restaurants, grocery, pharmacy, and especially the metro bus and metro rail. The house is exceptionally artsy, fabulously decorated in an Victorian fashion furnished with all the conveniences and amenities needed to make a trip memorable. The house also has beautiful spiral staircases. The owners are extremely helpful and attentive to our questions and inquiries. It was truly a wonderful trip for our entire family and we would highly recommend this location.
- Guest S3C2 Family (Orange County, California)
- Date of stay 03/30/13
- Review Submitted 04/08/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, tourists without a car, families with young children, girls getaway.
Brilliant accommodation in an ideal location
Brilliant accommodation in an ideal location
This is a fabulous apartment for short or longer term stays. We stayed four months and it suited our needs perfectly. The location is fabulous: round the corner from a wide range of restaurants and bars, suitable for families and professionals, it is walking distance to supermarkets, chemists, Dupont Circle, the National Zoo and much more. It is safe yet vibrant, and is near busstops that take you in multiple directions linking you to all the metro lines. The landlords are wonderful people, hospitable and generous with advice and care. The accommodation itself is well-resourced, warm and cosy, with plenty of space, large beds, great tv, and access to the lovely front garden. We would definitely stay here again, and cannot recommend it highly enough to others who want to either work or play (or both) in this fantastic city.
- Guest Jen (Auckland New Zealand)
- Date of stay 08/11/12
- Review Submitted 12/27/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, tourists without a car, age 55+, families with young children.
penthouse apartment was fantastic!
penthouse apartment was fantastic!
My husband and I stayed in the top floor/attic/penthouse apartment (not pictured) while we were working at the Kennedy Center for 5 weeks. It was perfect! one huge king size bedroom and a small spare bedroom, a fantastic bathroom and a cozy living room/kitchen combo. the ceilings are sloped and the furnishing are very comfortable. the owners went out of their way to make our stay easy! laundry facilities in the basement were convenient and the oversize front porch and huge front garden made hanging outside in the great fall weather amazing. the neighborhood is vibrant and packed with restaurants and night life. grocery store, drug store and coffee shop within blocks. we would definitely stay here again!
- Guest Heather 6 (Savannah GA)
- Date of stay 09/26/11
- Review Submitted 11/09/11
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, tourists without a car, girls getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Travelers must sign an agreement with all the term and conditions in order to book rental and make payment or deposit for payment depending on how far out the booking is completed.
If traveler books more than 60 days in advance 50% of rental fee is required to secure rental or if staying longer than one month the traveler can make multiple installments at mutually agreed upon dates. Accept AMEX, all major credit cards and paypal. On file CC option for damage deposit.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Taxes Included
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Reagan national at 7 Miles
- Nearest Train: Metro at 0.4 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I395 at 3 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Rehobeth at 80 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Madam's Organ at 0.03 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Wisp at 35 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Hain's Point at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Mintwood Place at 0.01 Miles
Year Purchased: 1998
About the owner: Stubbornly fixing up parts of the nation's capitol since 1998.
Why the Owner Chose Kalorama:
This is a tremendous property in one of the most interesting neighborhoods in Washington - go to the history page at http://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/wash/dc45.htm - there is a great overview of the neighborhood - Originally one of the capitol's earliest country retreats (Lincoln's cabin was a mile down Columbia road) it became the Park Avenue of the city in the 20's when the cable cars began transporting the well to do out to their homes in Chevy Chase. Biltmore street was known as General's alley until the second world war when many of the general's and Admiral's assigned to the Pentagon lived on this leafy street. The property is within walking distance or a short bus ride to just about anything you would want to see or do in the nation's Capitol.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
This property is a peaceful oasis smack in the middle of the city. You can walk to anything you need with 80 restaurants, 3 supermarkets, a drug store, kinko's/fedex, 4 dry cleaners, metro and bus stops all within a 3 block space. on the bus route to the American Institute for Radiologic Pathology (AIRP) course location
- Primary: + 202-689-4406
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome to the heart of washington
Shabby chic decor with modern amenities - Living Room/flat screen TV
King size brass bed in Master bedroom
Ariel foto of the full bed
Outdoor garden space to enjoy a drink or meal watching the neighborhood go by.
Life is good in the garden
More arty shots :)
Living room into hallway
View - notice National Cathedral
Open plan - partial kitchen and family room. Fully stocked kitchen
Sometimes the president eats next door at the Mintwood Grill
Relax on the porch after a hard day in the capitol
Large Master bedroom with sitting area
Greetings from the garden sentry
Building porch available to hang out night or day - relax, enjoy city life
This is an Oasis of calm in the heart of the city
Living room/into full size bedroom
Kitchen - open plan
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Sunday, September 15, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.