Nonquitt Cottage: Beaches, Golf, Tennis, 5 BR
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
South Dartmouth cottage description
This rustic and charming New England style cottage offers the perfect summer antidote to a busy and hectic life. It is an unpretentious, simple house with wooden floors and walls, a large kitchen that seats 8 and a big dining room that seats 10 - though we have had as many as 16! The covered front porch is ideal for breakfast coffee or late afternoon drinks; the side porch is perfect for BBQ and lounging in the sun.
The cottage faces a fine 9-hole golf course and is a minute walk from 6 excellent clay tennis courts (groomed by staff). Three beaches with safe swimming, pier and diving board are a 5 minute walk; plus, the beach chairs are already there for you. There are safe paths and roads ideal for running, biking or strolling. There is even a camp for your kids!
Keywords: Large, traditional New England cottage, rustic, wood floors, porches, short walk to beaches, swimming, golf, tennis, bike paths, nature trails, kid- and pet-friendly Nonquitt community.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Considered:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- Double Beds (2), Twin or Single Beds (6)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Living Room seats 0
- Washing Machine
- Wood Fireplace
- A short walk to three beaches, one with safe-for-kids swimming area as well as pier, raft, and diving board, great biking/running on roads and paths, marsh for birdwatching. Excellent golf and tennis available for a fee, as is summer camp program for kids. Bring your kayak, boat or sailboard as the harbor is excellent for water recreation. Please note: this is an old-style summer cottage — it is clean, has new appliances, but is not fancy or plush. Nonquitt is a safe and delightful community for kids and adults to play, swim, wander, and relax....moreless
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Water Sports Gear
Location & View
- Golf Course View
- Golf Course Front
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Deepsea Fishing
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Water Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Winery Tours
- Recreation Center
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Nonquitt is a private, gated summer community on the western shore of Buzzards Bay. Several miles north is the lovely harbor town of Padanarum. South and west of Nonquitt offers miles of beautiful countryside, charming small towns (Russells Mills, Westport), and ocean beaches. North of Padanarum is more developed, offering many restaurants, shopping, antique stores, cinemas, and the historic town of New Bedford. Those who know of Nonquitt consider it equal to anything you can find on Cape Cod....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Lovely spot. Clean, great kitchen, quiet location, comfortable beds. Truly beautiful views within easy walking distance--dramatic but accessible. (Great swimming, too!)
- Guest Terry (United States)
- Date of stay 09/16/11
- Review Submitted 04/23/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, pet owners, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
My husband and I stayed here for several weeks in September and had an absolutely glorious time! I simply can not overstate this — we can't imagine a better place or time to vacation, and we've traveled to many countries. During our September stay, the days were sunny and warm, the nights cool and perfect for sleeping, and the water was perfect; it was absolutely heavenly during my early morning swims and late afternoon dips (following tennis and before cocktails). We had several different couples come and stay with us and each and every one of them said the same thing: "How did you find this place? This is paradise!"
- Guest M (United States)
- Date of stay 09/01/11
- Review Submitted 04/23/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, people with disabilities, girls getaway, families with young children, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
We have rented houses every summer in this region and this by far was the best. Lots of bedrooms, a cozy yet open, laid back interior, and most importantly, a short walk to one of the most beautiful beaches around (with beach chairs and toys provided!!) We are not big golfers or tennis players but if you are, both are steps away. Neighbors are great. Everyone is very friendly. I could go on....
- Guest Michael (Providence, RI)
- Date of stay 08/22/11
- Review Submitted 09/06/11
Recommended for: Families with young children, pet owners, romantic getaway, age 55+.
The "I wish I never had to leave house"
The "I wish I never had to leave house"
Loved the house the moment we saw it.We stayed 2 weeks in the house and would 've stayed longer if available. Has everything you could need . rustic charm with all the modern conviences.The house demanded relaxation. Spacious and comfortable. Big enough for our large family but with plenty of cozy corners. Many family moments enjoyed in the private yard. Wonderful to have an area big enough for us to enjoy a meal together or play board games on the rainy days. Easy walk to beach. The beach was uncrossed and picturesque. The Bay was great for small boat and kayaking. Yard and neighborhood very pet friendly.Owner great to work with. We were also very appreciative of The history and photos about the house It only added more charm to a great home. thanks for sharing it!
- Guest Pam (Florida)
- Date of stay 07/29/11
- Review Submitted 08/27/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, pet owners, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
July through Labor Day*: $2,300 per week / $9,000 per month *2-week minimum rental April thru June, after Labor Day thru October 31st: $750 per wkd / $1,600 per wk. To reserve 2014 time slots — 25% deposit required (50% refundable up to 5/31/14)
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Friday, September 20, 2013