You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Houma house description
Experience Louisiana living in this country home located near Houma, LA., in picturesque Cajun country, but only a short drive to the 'Big Easy', New Orleans. The home sits on our 500 acre estate in a farm setting. It is very private and will sleep 12 to 16 guests. There is approximately 5000 sq ft. of living area on two floors and features three large family rooms, six bedrooms, three baths, two full kitchens, t.v. room, and office with internet access on our computer or wifi for your laptop. Enjoy cookouts on the large 1000 sq ft screened porch overlooking the moss-laden cypress trees. Utilize the 'inside' grilling room or covered 2000 sq ft atrium with BBQ and seafood boiling area, along with a covered basketball court. The home is great for family reunions, business meetings, scrapbooking events, wedding parties and funeral gatherings.. Day guests are welcome for an event that you might plan during your stay.
Locared less than an hour from New Orleans, this bayou getaway is the perfect place to see the real Louisiana. From this central location, visit New Orleans with its gourmet restaurants, French Quarter shopping, the Audubon Zoo and of course Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, and numerious other festivals! You are a very short drive from many of the local and Mississippi River plantations. Bring you boat or hire a guide and be in Fishermen's Paradise in no time! Nearby Houma has many attractions such as swamp tours, plantation visits, great restaurants, as well as shopping and places of historical interest.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, Beds for 16
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Air Conditioning
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Internet access for your laptop or use our computer. Free telephone long distance (USA only) . Large screened enclosed back porch surrounds large glass walled kitchen offering a spectacular view of moss laden cypress trees, birds, etc. Covered basketball court and BBQ and seafood boiling area located in the 2000 sq ft atrium. Has out side furniture with extra tables and chairs. The home is a great place for family get togethers, class reunions,wedding parties, retreats for church groups, etc. The location offers private grounds with large parking area and lots of peace and quiet...but near by the commerical world. Photos and floor plans of the first and second floor are available upon request. Use the floor plans in conjunction with the photos and this shouldl give you an idea about the size and look of the home. ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Video Game Console
- Broadband Access
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Freshwater Fishing
- Scenic Drives
- Gambling Casinos
- Bird Watching
ReviewsWrite a review
We stayed here for our daughter's wedding with all of our family. It was fantastic!!! This is suitable for all ages, we had 19 months to 65 yrs. The home was everything that was advertised and more.It was clean and well maintained. The owner was very helpful and a pleasure to work with. We are already trying to plan to make another visit to the Bayou Getaway, it was great.
- Guest Pat (Schenectady, N.Y.)
- Date of stay 11/02/11
- Review Submitted 11/11/11
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway, adventure seekers, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
A refundable reservation/security deposit of $ 500.00 is required
to confirm a reservation. No reservation held without a deposit.
The rental payment is due in full on arrival. We accept payment by check, cash or credit card. A 5% fee is charged for credit card use.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
$ 150.00 cleaning fee is added to the total rental.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Primary: 985 868-4162 home
- Secondary: 985 232-6050 cell
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Bayou Getaway Front
Large Upstairs Den - 16' x 24'
Upstairs Bedroom #2
Downstairs Bunkroom - Bedroom #4
Downstairs Bedroom # 6
Recreation Room - 370 sf with Library
Screen Porch View # 1
Upstairs Bedroom #1
Downstairs Bedroom #3
Downstairs Bedroom # 5
Covered outdoor area
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Monday, July 15, 2013