Romantic and Elegant Getaway Under the Rooftops of Paris
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Paris Arrondissement 8 studio description
Welcome to HAUSSMANN, an elegant and romantic getaway for TWO under the rooftops of Paris.
The apartment/studio is in a very safe neighborhood, at the heart of the city’s business and shopping districts with Le Printemps and Galeries Lafayette, near museums, theatres and the finest restaurants and stores.It is only 45 minutes from CDG airport and Disneyland Paris, 20 minutes or less from major railway stations.
* SMOKING is strictly FORBIDDEN inside the apartment, on the balconies and in the building.
**The apartment is situated on the 5th and top floor of a 19th century historical Haussmannian building.
• The 5th floor was renovated in 2010 and can be reached through a brand new elevator.
** 2 balconies are overlooking bd Haussmann where you may relax, have breakfast or a drink with comfortable exterior furniture.
• The apartment/studio was renovated in December 2010 and is equipped with brand new modern conveniences:
- FREE WIFI - FREE Local and INTERNATIONAL calls
- TV set with many channels in ENGLISH, Spanish, Chinese...
- a designer table and chairs
- a sofa bed with a real high quality mattress. Sheets are provided.
* a fully equipped kitchen:
- the kitchen is fully stocked with everything you need to cook at home and dine in : it includes utensils, cookware, a microwave, an induction vitroceramic glass worktop with 2 cooking zones, oven, refrigerator/freezer, stainless steel appliances, a coffee maker and a toaster...
Dine in with the help of the famous CATERERS who are nearby like Hédiard, Fauchon or Dalloyeau and you'll have a better dinner for a smaller price than in a restaurant without having to cook yourself...
- a bathroom with a shower and a large set of soft towels and 2 bathrobes (organic cotton)
• a towel warmer
• a hair dryer
• toilets in the bathroom
- a MOBILE PHONE is provided so you can keep in touch with Marie 24/24 and 7/7 and you can call her for FREE for questions or for help.
•••Discovery Walks Available with Marie•••
YOU do NOT speak FRENCH, it is your FIRST time in PARIS, enjoy the assistance of MARIE, a PARISIAN who speaks English, for a 1/2 day, one day or your whole trip... she can help you have the trip of your dreams with NO WORRIES at all.
- an organic grocery store, La Vie Claire
- a restaurant/café
- a chocolatier, Le Chat Bleu
•ACROSS THE STREET•
- A STARBUCKS café is located just across the street.
•AROUND THE CORNER•
• Supermarkets :
- MONOPRIX ... open till 10pm,from Monday to Saturuday
- MONOP...........open till midnight in the next street
- FRANPRIX,......5 min away open even on Sundays
- The Drugstore on the Champs Elysées is open till 2 a.m everyday
----------------Direct access from ROISSY CDG AIRPORT:
• 45 minutes with THE ROISSYBUS , the cheapest ( €10) and Safest way to Paris.
The apartment is only minutes away from the Roissybus terminus which links CDG airport to the Opera, bd Haussmann
• 35 minutes from ORLY Airport ( RER)
• METRO Saint Augustin, line 9 at the foot of the building
- direct to the EIFFEL TOWER in less than 10 minutes
- connecting underground to Gare St Lazare and lines 3&12&13&14& RER E (EUROSTAR)
• Auber station, RER A for DISNEYLAND, direct in 45 min
• From GARE SAINT LAZARE which is only minutes away :
- VERSAILLES CHATEAU : a FREE entrance with Discover Versailles with Marie
- MONET'S HOUSE AND GARDENS
Gare Saint Lazare houses 5 underground lines, 3 & 9 & 12 & 13 & 14 and RER E for gare du Nord ( EUROSTAR for London).
• 20 minutes from all other train stations
• Parking is available nearby
* A taxi stand around the corner
• 22 to the ARC DE TRIOMPHE- THE CHAMPS ELYSEES-The EIFFEL TOWER
• 28 to THE CHAMPS ELYSEES and the INVALIDES
• 32 to PLACE DU TROCADERO- EIFFEL TOWER
• 43 to GARE DU NORD- TRAINS TO CHANTILLY CASTLE, EUROSTAR & TGV
• 80 to MONTMARTRE - PORTE DE VERSAILLES
• 84 to MADELEINE- CHAMPS ELYSEES and BAC/SAINT GERMAIN AREA and THE LUXEMBOURG GARDENS - THE PANTHEON
• 94 to PLACE DE LA CONCORDE - GARE MONTPARNASSE and TGV for Mont ST MICHEL
• Public parking : in front of the building
• Paying car park : 35 Bd Malesherbes - a 2 min walk
••WALKING DISTANCES ••
• GALERIES LAFAYETTE, 40, boulevard Haussmann
•LE PRINTEMPS, 64 boulevard Haussmann•
• LA MADELEINE church and place de la Madeleine with FAUCHON and HEDIARD
• Place de la CONCORDE
• The CHAMPS ELYSEES with CHANEL, Louis VUITTON, DIOR and THE ARC DE TRIOMPHE
• Place Vendome and CARTIER, the RITZ
• MUSEE JACQUEMART ANDRE ,158 Boulevard Haussmann
• Parc MONCEAU
• THE AMERICAN EMBASSY
• Presidential Palace, PALAIS DE L'ELYSEE
• Saint Augustin church
• a protestant church: Eglise Réformée du Saint-Esprit 5, rue Roquépine 75008 Paris, France
• 2 Medical Centers
* IN PARIS EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT AREA!!!!!!!
WELCOME TO PARIS THE GREENEST CAPITAL in Europe with over 400 parks and gardens.
Keywords: Elegant Studio overlooking the roofs of Paris in the heart of Paris, in the 8th arrondissment, close to the CHAMPS ELYSEES, La Madeleine, the Opera, St Lazare station, the major department stores and only 45 min from DISNEYLAND.
- 22 m²
- Elevator : Brand new
- On floor 5
- 5 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 0 Bedrooms, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- The sofa bed has been made to measure, it is a queen size bed. The sofa opens into a very comfortable large queen bed ( 1m40/1m95) suitable for tall people. It is a new version of a convertible bed, with a real mattress. A brand new inflatable bed is provided upon request if you do not want to share the same bed. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- a shower, toilets with a toilet shower and a towel warmer.
Kitchen & Dining
Fully Furnished and equipped kitchen: dish washer, refrigerator,micro wave,oven, induction vitro ceramic glass worktop, coffee maker, toaster, towels, utensils, dinnerware,glassware, cutlery......moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Catering Available:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Towels Provided:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- A towel warmer is provided for the comfort of warm towels after your shower in the bathroom. A hair dryer is also provided. An iron and iron-board are provided too. A drying rack is provided if you are electricity saving and if you like your laundry to be naturally dried, you may use it on the balconies. You may enjoy the balconies for breakfast or for a drink, we provide outside furniture, a double arm chair on one balcony and an arm chair and table on the 2d one....moreless
- Video Library:
- Music Library:
- DVD Player:
- Wireless Internet:
- Mobile Phone:
- Broadband Access:
2 private balconies overlooking Boulevard Haussmann, from the balconies you see the dome of Saint Augustin church and the dome of the Printemps, one of the largest department store. A relaxing PLUS....moreless
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Monument View:
- Car Not Necessary
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Ice Skating
- Fitness Center
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Theme Parks
- Botanical Garden
- Duty Free Shops
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- We offer PRIVATE Discovery Walks tailored just for you. It can be 2 hours, 4 hours or a whole day, a night walk or a whole week. With the 'How to become a Parisian in a couple of hours or the Practical Walk', I show you how to feel safe in Paris : - where to go and where you should NOT go. - where and how to buy tickets ( bus/metro, museums...), which ones in order for you to save money. and how to avoid buying what you do not need, how to discover the surroundings and to know how to navigate the city. Trips outside Paris like Versailles - Monet's house (Giverny)and Van Gogh's village in a day and more upon request OR the famous Chocowalk............ 'One of the highlights of our stay was Marie's fabulous CHOCOWALK tour.' Maria, Washington DC, August 2012 WALK and LOSE weight... OR Brush up on your French with Marie while discovering Paris, have fun and learn....... HONEYMOON or Anniversary, have Marie with you in the Build Memories Walk....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Perfect ParisGuest comment entered by owner
Perfect Paris Left on 11/07/2013 for a stay in October 2013 Our stay at Marie's apartment in France (late October 2013) could not have been more hassle-free, perfectly located and inviting. The apartment is located but a short walk or quick bus ride from most of the major points of interest throughout Paris. Also, one step outside of the apartment building is a subway/metro stop. This apartment is convenience! Further, the apartment has been fully renovated and meets all of the necessary needs for sleeping, cooking or just relaxing on one of the two balconies. The best part, especially for those unfamiliar with France/Paris and/or does not speak French, is the owners Marie and Pascal. Pascal welcomed us at the airport in Paris. He kindly put us on the correct bus and when we excited the bus, Marie was there to greet us. She gave an amazing walk-through of the local sites and warmly acquainted us with the surrounding areas of the apartment. During our stay, they are only but a phone call away (for which they provide the renter with a cell phone for the duration of the stay). Further, Marie offers an array of tours around Paris--she is so knowledgeable and her English is impeccable. Staying in this apartment is more than an accommodation, it is a great experience. Highly recommend it! Adrien & Amy
- Guest Adrien & Amy, San Francisco
- Date of stay 10/24/13
- Review Submitted 11/09/13
Great location! Warm, welcoming, and knowledgable hosts
Great location! Warm, welcoming, and knowledgable hosts
This studio is clean, bright, and in a safe location near many nice stores and restaurants. Along with the appliances you expect in an apartment, the owners included such nice touches such as a hairdryer, an electric converter so you can power you electronics, a phone so we could contact them at any time, robes, and books in English. The room is very small, but the space is well utilized. Once the bed was made the room was snug, but the real value with this rental is the owners. Pascal met us at the airport and ushered us to Marie while the apartment was being readied. Marie showed us around Paris, answered all our questions, showed us how to navigate the bus system, and took us to get groceries and supplies. We purchased three of Marie's tours during the week including the walking tour of the city which was included in the first day, tour of Versailles, and the night tour. Marie is a wealth of knowledge and cheerfully shares it. If she did not know the answer to a question she would find out and email us before we could get to bed. The last day Marie and Pascal came to see us off, and Marie walked us to the bus station and insisted we contact her when we were safely back home. The apartment is nice, but Marie and Pascal are the real value. I would love for our daughter and her husband to get to have the same experience with Marie and Pascal in the same apartment.
- Guest Bambi E.
- Date of stay 10/05/13
- Review Submitted 10/15/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
Fantastic appartment in a fantastic location!Guest comment entered by owner
Fantastic appartment in a fantastic location!
Fantastic appartment in a fantastic location! Left on 10/08/2013 for a stay in October 2012 Sorry for the extremely lengthy delay in writing our review! I'm booking travel and accommodation for our upcoming trip to Copenhagen and it sparked my memory. -Our stay at your Paris apartment was one of the highlights of our French adventure, it was lovely to be directly in the city close to all sorts of transport with a metro station right below the apartment. The place was warm and welcoming as were You and Pascal. All the extra information at the apartment about restaurants, public transport and sights to see around town made life so much easier. And we greatly appreciated Pascal meeting us at the airport and putting us on a bus right to the town centre were you( Marie ) picked us up and took us up to our new apartment for the week. The bathroom was modern with new fixtures-and the shower was designed in a way to maximise space, very clean and lots of hot water. All the kitchen facilities were perfectly clean and in working order we cooked in the flat several times and having the stove, fridge,microwave,toaster etc was most helpful! I most loved the view from our very own balcony. ( It was a requirement that our first Paris apartment had a view of the city and it didn't fail to meet my expectations was fantastic to look over the town on a fresh autumn morning. Lastly the lift from the foyer was a rewarding treat after spending hours exploring the city,( no stairs! ) & we walked just about every where as the apartment was so central. Thanks again for having us stay. Shona and Ben, Australia. Stayed October -2012.
- Guest Shona and Ben
- Date of stay 10/29/12
- Review Submitted 10/10/13
Met a friend in Paris with amazing memories
Met a friend in Paris with amazing memories
My firends would say of me that I am a ¨picky¨persons with a scare of things never to be clean enough. Yes, it is me, what can I say! Finally after 2 years of getting our schedules together we were off to Paris. After all we've read about the appartment, the reviews are thrue.A nice , clean :)) secure place in a nice neightborhood with all amenities nearby. The appartment traditionnally does not come with a TV. So I was extremely surprised to find one installed.When they found out I like my TV, they went out of their way to install one. Thank you Pascal, it really helped us relax at night. We also took tours, Versailles, Paris by night, Paris by day... Marie is such a walking library you just want to stick with her. She is kind, funny, and always wants to please everybody.She was a great help for me because I am in the middle of decorating my bedroom and she brings us to all these amazing stores. I will miss her,but only for a little while, because I a going back with my husband. ¸The whole experience was such a positive one I can't wait to go back. .Thank you Marie and Pascal, Alexandre, see you soon.
- Guest Sylvie (Montréal, Québec, Canada)
- Date of stay 09/20/13
- Review Submitted 10/06/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
MerveilleuxGuest comment entered by owner
"Merveilleux" Magnifique appartement 5 étoiles sur un très beau boulevard,bien situé à quelques pas de tout. Accueuil très chaleureux de Pascal à l'aéroport pour nous conduire à l'appartement, ainsi nous retrouvons Marie-Claude pour nous donner toutes les informations nécessaires.Nous avons opté pour la visite guidée à Versailles ( Dimanche ) avec fontaines et musique Marie-Claude nous apprend beaucoup sur l histoire,en voiture tour de nuit illuminé conduit par Pascal et Marie-Claude nous guide à travers les plus belles choses à voir,très disponible pour prendre de nombreuses photos souvenirs.Ils sont tout simplement charmants,et si nous retournons un jour c'est certain nous séjournerons encore Boul.Haussmann Clément de Montréal, Canada
- Guest Clément
- Date of stay 09/06/13
- Review Submitted 09/27/13
The perfect place to stay in Paris*****Guest comment entered by owner
The perfect place to stay in Paris*****
We're giving Marie and Pascal five stars only because it won't let us give them six. The apartment is beautiful, on one of the prettiest streets in Paris, within walking distance to just about everything you want to see in the City of Light. And the customer service was incredible. They answered all our questions before we arrived, met us at the airport and escorted us to the property. We opted for the walking tour with Marie and she showed us all over the beautiful city and offered some great tips - like the secret entrance to the Louvre where you don't have to stand in line. She obviously knows Paris and is happy to share her knowledge and enthusiasm. She even gave us a cell phone that we could use to call if we had any questions or problems. We truly cannot imagine a better experience and if we ever get to go to Paris again we will definitely stay at Hausmann again.
- Guest Robert L from Charleston, South Carolina, USA
- Date of stay 08/28/13
- Review Submitted 09/23/13
Bijou apartment with superb knowledgeable owner.Guest comment entered by owner
Bijou apartment with superb knowledgeable owner.
"Bijou apartment with superb friendly and knowledgeable owner." We spent an enjoyable long weekend in this apartment for our wedding anniversary. Marie and Pascal could not be more friendly and welcoming, which made transfer between the airport and the apartment a stress-free pleasure. Pascal met our flight and guided us to the Roissybus, which Marie met at L’Opera, walking with us to the apartment. It is very well equipped and everything you need is there, and in its place. The standard of décor and equipment was excellent. There are a lot of mirrors which make the most of the light – even though the apartment is North facing it feels very light and airy, and with the French windows open to the balconies it was never too hot even on a sunny day. We went on the chocolate and macaroon walk with Marie, which was a joy; she is very knowledgeable and so friendly. If we had not been to Paris several times before we would certainly have had her guide us round the sights.
- Guest Kim and Roger from Scotland
- Date of stay 08/26/13
- Review Submitted 09/03/13
More than just an apartment
More than just an apartment
My husband and I stayed at this Paris apartment for a week. Given all the positive reviews and because Marie's personal attention began before our trip with email suggestions and any requested information, our expectations were high about the experience. We were not disappointed. Pascal met us at the airport, which was a wonderful bonus given that the buses had been relocated due to a strike. He led us (and miscellaneous others who followed) expertly through the airport to an alternative boarding spot, and Marie met us at our destination stop and took as to the apartment. The modern apartment is located in a beautiful old building in a safe, central area and is very clean and well designed. As stated by others, it is small--even by European standards--which could be a problem for large-sized people or those with lots of luggage or disability. It worked out fine for us however, and we appreciated the care and good taste that had gone into preparing it for guests. Every use of space has been well thought out. But beyond location and comfort, the best thing about the rental is Marie herself. She took us on a number of outings and helped us plan our other sightseeing as well. She is delightful and knowledgeable about the city she loves and shares so enthusiastically, however one is under no pressure to make use of this service. Since she and Pascal work as a team--always coordinating up-to-date information through cell phone--his participation is always felt and appreciated as well. On our departure morning, Marie and Pascal both came to help us get to the correct bus to take us to the TGV station (and a good thing, because that location had also been changed due to construction). So between the apartment and Marie & Pascal we had a lovely visit to Paris, and never felt like the strangers that we were. Rather our memories are as warm and familiar as the friendship and lodging offered by our hosts!
- Guest Marilyn (SF Bay Area)
- Date of stay 05/28/13
- Review Submitted 07/12/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
Great in every wayGuest comment entered by owner
Great in every way
Great in every way Left on 07/04/2013 for a stay in April 2013 We really appreciated the airport welcome which was just a part of the personalised service on offer. We took Marie up on her offer of a private tour of the Palace of Versailles (excellent value) and it was fantastic. Her attention to detail shone through just as it does in her apartment and although compact it has everything you need. The location is quiet yet convenient to everything. Thank you to Marie and Pascal for the extra attention that made our stay in Paris so wonderful.
- Guest Julie and Peter from Adelaide, Australia
- Date of stay 04/14/13
- Review Submitted 07/05/13
Great location all you need
Great location all you need
A great experience here. All you need for a wonderful visit to Paris. Great location and a very modern updated building, safe and secure with great views from the balcony. Marie and Pascal are exceptional hosts who know how to treat guests. Great service and outstanding value add. Marie is a great tour guide and is very passionate about the Paris she grew up in.
- Guest parguy (Welland Ontario Canada)
- Date of stay 04/29/13
- Review Submitted 06/17/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car.
- JAN 07 - Mar 30 ... US$140/night ... US$940/weekly - APR 01 - Oct 15 ... US$150/night ... US$995/weekly - OCT 16 - DEC 13... US$140/night ... US$940/weekly - DEC 14 - JAN 06 ...US$150/night... CLEANING FEES=$65-REFUNDABLE Damage Deposit=$300- A BOOKING DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED EARLY Checkin = $65 and LATE Checkout = $65
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 1977
About the owner: ••• Marie and Pascal ••• a dynamic, efficient and available team to help you tailor the trip of your dreams. They provide assistance before your trip to help you plan, they help you 24/24 and 7/7 through a mobile phone they provide while you are in Paris. Marie is a retired professor. Pascal works at CDG and will help your with arrivals and departures. Marie provides personalized discovery tours of Paris and around Paris like the Monet / Van Gogh tour, the Impressionists villages, Loire castles, visits of the Champagne area and more upon request. She assists you at night for your safety if needed. •YOU do not speak FRENCH, It is your FIRST TIME in Paris, Enjoy the assistance of a PARISIAN WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH - for a 1/2 day, one day or one evening - We can help you have the trip of your dreams with NO WORRIES at all. I provide walking tours tailored just for you. You would like to watch the Eiffel Tower twinkle at midnight but are concerned about SAFETY, no worries with Parisians at your side...
Why the Owner Chose Paris Arrondissement 8:
I fell in love with the area and the apartment in 1977. It was for me a dream come true, it had everything I love. It was perfectly situated, in a busy area which is great but the apartment is nevertheless quiet. The 2 balconies are perfect to enjoy the sun, have a drink or breakfast or just sit outside after your day out. It is so romantic at sunset and so incredibly Parisian chic. I love to walk in Paris and it is within walking distance of everything anyone loves about Paris. The Champs Elysees, the Opera house, famous concert halls, restaurants and shows... are also in walking distances. Shopping is great too at the Printemps and Galeries Lafayette right on Haussmann Bd, only minutes away down the street. Being close to the American Embassy and the French Presidential Palace, the area is very safe.
The Unique Benefits at this Studio:
The unique benefits are better described by my guests: 'We're giving Marie and Pascal five stars only because it won't let us give them six. The apartment is beautiful, on one of the prettiest streets in Paris, within walking distance to just about everything you want to see in the City of Light. And the customer service was incredible. They answered all our questions before we arrived, met us at the airport and escorted us to the property. We opted for the walking tours with Marie and she showed us all over the beautiful city and offered some great tips - like the secret entrance to the Louvre where you don't have to stand in line. She knows Paris and is happy to share her knowledge and enthusiasm. She even gave us a cell phone that we could use to call if we had any questions or problems. We truly cannot imagine a better experience ...' Thank you Robert from Charleston, North Carolina to describe so well the unique benefits of Haussmann.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View of the first balcony, the dresser and the book shelves
Our full equipped kitchen: washer-dryer, dish washer, micro wave oven, oven...
View from the second balcony, the dome of Saint Augustin church.
Our building with metro Saint Augustin and the organic supermarket.
Your Starbucks across the street.
Le Printemps department store, 5 min away, you see the dome from the balconies
The Arc de Triomphe, a short walk from Haussmann.
Au Bonbon Royal, artisan chocolate maker near Parc Monceau. My favorite place.
The Eiffel Tower
Tête à tête for two.
Bathroom, shower and towel warmer
The entrance hall with the marble stairs and the elevator for the 5th floor.
Saint Augustin church : you see the dome of the church from the balconies.
The Roissybus stop, direct access from CDG airport where you meet Marie.
The Opera, a very short walk from Haussmann.
Parc Monceau, the most romantic park of Paris, a 15 minutes walk.
Le Lapin Agile, Butte Montmartre
Notre Dame cathedral
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Monday, November 11, 2013