Darling Mountain Getaway/ Eight Acres with Secluded Creek Area
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Murphy chalet description
Relax in a darling chalet type park model with 6 acres of mountains to climb (in back of dwelling)(2 acres of flat land and creek in front of dwelling) or swim in creek with secluded area to relax (it's cold!). Fish in creek that has been stocked with rainbow trout. The town of Murphy is close by for shopping, antiquing or visit the John Campbell Folk School to watch some of the old crafts demonstrated or attend classes. Bedroom is a queen/with a new serta mattress which is oh so comfortable. There is a sofa bed provided. There is also a soft feather comforter in loft for children or maybe adventurous adults who would like to reconnect with their childhood... Loft overlooks kitchen/living room area.
Keywords: Park model
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 5, Beds for 2-5
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Washing Machine
- DVD Player
- Mobile Phone:
- Wireless Internet
Location & View
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- 8 acres. Mountain climb directly behind dwelling, wade or swim in creek. Murphy North Carolina. Cherokee County has a lot of history and is the home of seven sites listed on the National Register of Historic places. They include the Cherokee County Court House, made completely of marble, Harshaw Chapel and Cemetery, and the John C. Campbell Folk School, founded in 1925 and located in Brasstown, North Carolina. The school offers week-long and weekend courses in crafts, music and dance, blacksmithing, woodcarving, art and more. Cherokee County has three public lakes. Lake Hiwassee which has 163 miles of shoreline and whose dam is the highest overspill dam in the world at 307 feet. The Jeep Jamboree had its 22nd year last fall . The next fall Jamboree is scheduled for October 8th through 12th. Fires Creek You can hike a 0.7 mile loop to Leatherwood Falls or explore 25 miles of trail open to hikers and horses. For more info call (828) 837-5152 Tusquitte Ranger Rafting~40 miles Our area is quiet and peaceful. Great food and service @ Rib Country. Decker's flea market close by. You may want to visit Sweetwater Valley Farms (in Tennessee) & Lost Sea Caverns or travel to Cherokee for a little gambling. Chunky Gal Stables in Hayesville is awesome, great rides and the guides are excellent. Sue's Burgers in Blue Ridge, GA has some of the best burgers ever! If you enjoy fly fishing, the Nantahala River is a blue ribbon trout stream which is hatchery supported and holds rainbows, browns and brook trout up to 25 inches. The Cherohala Skyway, is a beautiful drive that goes to heights over a mile high from Robbinsville to Tellico Plains with magnificent views and waterfalls all times of the year. Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest is close by and worth the trip. There are many golf courses, hiking and mountain biking trails, whitewater rafting and tubing, swimming, horseback riding and much more to enjoy while you are here. There is an Alpine Village in Helen, Ga., and as I mentioned earlier, John C. Campbell Folk School, in Brasstown. Fields of the Wood Biblical Park is close by, and our quaint downtown has a 50's style movie theater for your enjoyment. Our local shops shops feature a variety of antiques, museums and eateries. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
A Cozy Spot!
A Cozy Spot!
This small, but cozy, place is nestled at the base of a mountain/hill and near a running stream, a few miles outside of Murphy. It had virtually everything my wife and I (plus our springer spaniel) needed, in an economical fashion! The bed (I think it's now a Sealy) was darn comfortable, as was the couch in the main living area. Cooling (two units) and heating worked fine, as did the satellite TV (with soft music channels lending to a relaxed atmosphere). We read the instructions and made sure not to inadvertently lock ourselves out (the sliding glass "front" door will do that if you don't pay attention), and this allowed us to do all we needed during our too-brief stay. We ventured into town each day and enjoyed what the nearby town of Murphy, NC had to offer, restaurant-wise (Doyle's has a Tiki bar with a nice view, and a great menu to boot), and wish we had visited the Chophouse sometime other than Sunday, when their kitchen offerings were limited. Coach's was fun in a very casual way, and a trip to the railroad depot was cool. One of the books at Jacqueline's discussed the history of the area (and NC mountains generally) and was a must read. Blue Ridge, Georgia is a bit further away, but will be a place to check out next time we visit. We may also spend a bit more time near the across the field from the rental - it was SO peaceful. But we still had a blast, and look forward to returning soon! [Note: our cell phones, served by AT&T, did not work until we drove some distance away, and while we didn't mind that a bit, others may wish to look harder for service nearby, assuming their carrier has the same problem].
- Guest Bruce V.
- Date of stay 10/11/13
- Review Submitted 10/21/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, pet owners.
Owner response: Thank you so much for the great review! Our little cabin is just the spot for a relaxing getaway. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Great Place For A Getaway!
Great Place For A Getaway!
We really enjoyed our stay. The location was perfect for day trips to see Hiwassee Dam, Apalachia Lake, Joe Brown Highway, and several antique stores in SE TN and northern GA. Having the wi-fi available was welcome. We also tried panning for gold in Persimmon Creek, but all we found was black sand. One suggestion: add some stepping stones to the front door. Walking through the wet grass in the mornings causes lots of grass and dirt to be tracked in. We would certainly recommend this cabin to anyone wanting an affordable getaway.
- Guest DAH (Thomasville, NC)
- Date of stay 09/07/13
- Review Submitted 09/30/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, pet owners.
Owner response: I want to thank you for the wonderful review. Sorry you didn't find any gold in Persimmon Creek! Thank you for the suggestion of stepping stones. I will certainly address that suggestion in the very near future. Again, thank you for being concerned with keeping the cabin clean for yourself and for future guests!
Nice place and setting!
Nice place and setting!
This was a very nice rental, but unfortunately, cold the month we stayed for the week! It was 22 degrees at night, and the furnace was not working! We were told by the neighbor, that there were 2 space heaters we could use, which is what we did! We enjoyed our stay except for the fact that we were cold the whole week! Had slight problem with the wifi also! Spoke to owner, and she tried helping with wifi! As I said, lovely place, comfortable bed, etc., but slightly cold! Hopefully the heat is not needed in the warmer months!
- Guest MaryFurr F. (Glenfield NY)
- Date of stay 03/01/13
- Review Submitted 05/07/13
Recommended for: Age 55+.
Owner response: Unfortunately, our space heater went on the blink just as these guests arrived! I generously offered a full refund; but, these guests chose to stay anyway. I guess the beautiful setting was enough to make them want to be there anyway. Now, with a new heating and airconditioning system, there shouldn't be a problem winter or summer. I had the wifi checked (while they were there) the technician came out and rectified the problem. As I stated before, staying was their choice. I offered them a full refund; but they declined. I sincerely regret that they were uncomfortable, wouldn't have had that happen for the world. As this guest actually told me -a very pleasant person and understanding guest - unforseen things happen from time to time. So, come and enjoy our cabin and all it has to offer. We welcome you!
The property was clean, comfortable, well stocked, well maintained and as pictured. Proximity to Cherokee Lake is ideal for fishing.
- Guest Sam (Butner, NC)
- Date of stay 06/18/12
- Review Submitted 07/05/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, pet owners.
Owner response: I am so glad that our renters appreciate our cabin...it is a delightful place to spend your vacation! Our housekeeper is the best! She takes pride in keeping our cabin very clean! You may fish in Cherokee Lake; or, of course, in our creek which is stocked with rainbow trout! Come and enjoy your stay with us!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
If a guest stays over 3 nights; but, less than 7 nights, add $45 per night to the basic $195 for three nights.
Also, the $60 night rate applies to 3 adults only plus two children. Any extra adult add $10 per night per adult.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $150
- cleaning: $40 + tax
- Tax Rate 10.75%
You can cancel, but you will not receive a refund.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 1994
About the owner: I am employed by the nuclear industry and really enjoy going to our little spot of heaven in Murphy. The previous owner said her brother called this area 'the garden spot of the world'. He had traveled all over the world; but, considered this the most beautiful area. She was born and raised on the property and her father told of the Cherokee Indians living here before them and that the Cherokee indians washed their clothes on a flat rock in the creek. The rock is still there.
Why the Owner Chose Murphy:
I had always wanted to live in the mountains of North Carolina....and found this beautiful vacation spot.
The Unique Benefits at this Chalet:
Relaxing on the creek with a cold one/ or if you dare get in the ceek - the cold water is awesome!
- Primary: 8647101247
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Kitchen and dining area showing loft in overhead
Charming living room
Charming park model with separate laundry house
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Friday, October 04, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.