Base Camp! - Near Yellowstone & Chico. Pet Friendly-Price Includes Tax Fees.
You sent a message to this owner.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
- With an excellent location, convenient to many activities, this home is tastefully decorated, extremely comfortable, with extra attention paid to amenities to make our guests feel at home.
- Single level living. Wheel chair accessible.
- Ample parking right off Hwy. 540. RV/boat/trailer space is available.
- The home will sleep 3 in two beds, and can accommodate up to 4 with one guest sleeping on a sofa bed. There is an additional daily fee of $15.00 charged for a fourth guest. This is automatically calculated when you book the home and state the number of guests.
-The first bedroom has a queen size bed which sleeps two. The second bedroom with a twin size bed. The living room sofa converts to a full bed for the fourth guest.
- IMPORTANT NOTE TO PET OWNERS: Our pet fee is $8.00 per pet-per day, maximum-2 dogs. The website only allows us to show a one-time fee. We adjust the actual pet fee in the final reservation total amount request. Roomy outdoor dog kennel. 2 dog houses and a dog door to interior of rental. (See photo)
- This home is located in a large building with an artist studio in the front end. The studio is closed during vacation season so our guests have complete privacy.
- Large living room area with beautiful views & direct access to ground level deck.
- Modern kitchen, fully stocked for cooking, and eat-in area for 4.
- Our tap water comes from a deep glacial well that tests so pure, it puts bottled water to shame!
- Recreation room with 9 ft. pool table. Board games and books provided.
- High Speed WiFi internet. Good signal.
- BluRay DVD player with nice movie library.
- Satellite TV.
- iPod Music Dock. Bring your own music.
- Deluxe bathroom with large walk-in shower with two shower heads. (Shower has a 12' step-in. Handicap persons will need assistance. Shower chair provided upon request).
- Handicap accessible toilet. Sink is a cabinet sink.
- Utility Room with washer/dryer/utility sink, chest freezer (bagged ice provided for picnicking and road trips).
- Outdoor gas grill with seating and picnic table.
- Ground level backyard deck with afternoon shade.
- Outdoor fire pit for cooking and/or fireside time. Some firewood provided.
- Large, open field with gorgeous views for pet exercise or strolling. Private use for guests.
- 30 minutes to Yellowstone Park north entrance. YNP's only year round entrance.
- 5 minutes to 24-hour gas, atm, groceries, saloons, restaurants.
- 5 minutes to hot springs resort and hot springs pool.
- 5 minutes to non-denominational church.
- 15 minutes to Wilderness area and public national forest.
- 10 minutes to public hiking land.
- The owners live off premise but we are at your service for anything you may need. We are on site during check-in to greet you and answer questions.
Build your best vacation ever
From over 1 million rentals worldwide
Escape the confines of a hotel
Enjoy the freedom of a vacation rental
Book with confidence
Relax and enjoy your stay
From online to on vacation
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
Pets welcomed. 2 dog maximum. NOTE: Pet Owners: Our pet fee is $5.00 per pet-per day, maximum of 2 dogs. The site does not allow us to invoice this way. We must charge a one-time fee of $35.00, and will adjust accordingly through either rebates or billing. Great accommodations for pets. No pets are to be left unsupervised inside home during renter's absence. Unattended pets must be locked in outside kennel during your absence from the property and restraining door in place to restrict interior access. Puppies must be supervised at all times. No pets on furniture. Pet owners must collect and remove pet feces from yard area. ...moreless
- Ground level access from parking area to residence. - ADA compliant doorways. - Single level living. - Accessible bedroom. - Ground level deck. - Accessible toilet. - Step-in shower unit with chair and hand held shower head. Note: shower has 12' riser at entry. Assistance may be needed. - Note: Bathroom sink is cabinet mounted....moreless
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- - Some of the best hiking for both yourself, and your pets, is either on premise, or within 5-10 minutes of this rental. - Yellowstone Park's north entrance is only a 30 minutes drive away. - Leave your bottled water at home. Our tap water is from a deep glacial well and has tested very pure. We test the water regularly to ensure purity standards are met. It is delicious! - We also boast the ability to stock your pantry with groceries, fill up your gas tank, wash your vehicle, pick up a local paper, mail your postcard, soak in a natural hot springs, buy a beer or a burger, have a deluxe dining experience, or catch a trout, within 1-to-5 minutes of your rental space!...moreless
- DVD Player:
- Game Room:
- Pool Table:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Unspoiled views of the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness area. Views of Chico Peak, Emigrant Pk. & Mill Creek. View of Gallatin Mtns. to the west. View of Mt. Cowan, the tallest peak in Absaroka Range....moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
Mountain views. Direct access to deck. Open living space with direct access to recreation room and kitchen. Satellite T.V. Blu-Ray DVD player. iPod Dock for your music. Book & movie library....moreless
Ample. Parking is right off the pavement. Room for RV's in 3 acre field. Limited RV amenities (water hookup - power by ext. cord. No dump service) Extra fee of $25.00 per day charged for RV's...moreless
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
Refrigerator and freezer. Gas range and oven. Built in full sized microwave oven and fan. Double sink with garbage disposal. Dishwasher. Eat-in area with bar height table-chairs. Seats 4-5....moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
Lawn / Garden:
Large, spacious yard surrounding the residence, providing a privacy buffer to other town residents. Fire pit and wood provided. Residence also looks out onto a 3 acre private field for guest use....moreless
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 3 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- One-time Cleaning Fee $75
- Pet Fee $40
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- Taxes Not included
- A $200.00 damage deposit required. Refund is made in the form of payment that was received. Refund within 24 hours after inspection.
- PET OWNERS: We charge $10.00 per-pet, per-day. Your charges will be rated according to your length of stay and number of pets.
- 100% refund if cancelled 30 days prior to check-in. No refund if cancelled less than 30 days.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Book with Confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- World Famous Chico Hot Springs Resort is 5 minutes away! Offering you a public olympic-sized natural Hot Springs Pool, and so much more, in a beautiful setting!
- Yellowstone Park's north entrance is only a 30 minute drive.
- We also boast world Class Rock Climbing in Mill Creek drainage,15 minutes away. Also provides hiking access to theA-B Wilderness, picnicking, camping, backcountry drives, fishing.
- Gold panning on public land in Emigrant Gulch is 10 minutes away. Head to the cool woods for a picnic and perhaps find a few flakes of gold in the creek!
- Experience Yellowstone Park's finest, only 30 minutes away! Get an early start so you can beat the traffic and see wildlife moving across roadways in the morning hours!
Year Purchased: 1954
About the owner: The original town of Pray was founded in 1909. Barbara has lived at Pray, MT since 2007. Before this, she lived on the family ranch in Paradise Valley and Shields Valley. Barbara was a Wilderness Ranger for over 15 years and can provide many insights into the many recreational opportunities that this area has to offer.
Why the Owner Chose Paradise Valley:
The Town of Pray, MT has been in Barbara's family since 1954. Her late husband's grandmother and his mother were long-term Postmasters of the Town and ran the country store. Upon losing prominent family members in 2006-7, Barbara felt she needed to move back to Pray in order to rejuvenate the town and preserve the history of the town. Barbara has enjoyed the area immensely and the local residents have expressed their appreciation for her 'bringing the town back.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
- Our single level, wheelchair accessible residence makes it so simple to enjoy for those with limited mobility, and those who just like to whole convenience of not packing groceries up stairs! -Leave your bottled water at home as our tap water comes from a deep glacial well and tests pure with trace minerals that are good for your body. We test it twice a year and file the results with our county sanitarian. - Having a real U.S. Post Office next door makes this a genuine Town! Mail your postcards and get them stamped by our Postmaster from Pray, MT! -We provide a fire pit and firewood for those starry nights when you want to roast a hot dog or sit by a fire. -Our pet friendly atmosphere ensures your beloved pets have a great vacation too! - The views of the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness area from Pray, the proximity to Yellowstone Park, and Chico Hot Springs, and the benefit of being at a cross road location, means you can get to all these places conveniently from the residence. - 30 minute drive to the north entrance of Yellowstone National Park. This is the only year round entrance to the Park, so winter activities abound here also. - 5 minute drive to a world class hot springs resort, several restaurants, gift shops, espresso shop, 24-hr gas, groceries, saloons, churches, bakery, car wash, Yellowstone River. -Being within 15 minutes of over 1,000,000 acres of public land makes it so convenient for outdoor enthusiasts who want to hike, fish, picnic, exercise your pets, over take a leisurely drive through beautiful forested land.
- Primary: +1 406-586-5047 Call between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. MST
- Secondary: +1 4062240435 Barbara's cell phone
Links to more information:
Welcome to the heart of Paradise Valley.
Eat -In kitchen Area and large pantry.
Private Bedroom. Queen size Bed. Large closet and dresser.
Entrance to residence. (Emigrant Peak in background).
Secure, protected dog kennel with access door to interior of the building.
View of Emigrant Peak from deck.
View from rental backyard looking toward Mill Creek & A-B Wilderness area.
Sunset view from rental residence.
Yellowstone river fishing access is 5 minutes away!
Boiling River. Hot water soaking-year round. 30 minute drive from rental property. Bring your water shoes as river rocks can be slick.
Yellowstone Park's Old Faithful. North Entrance is 29 miles south of Pray, MT.
Living Room area with views and convertible sofa.
Roomy full service kitchen with modern appliances and room to cook.
Roomy bath with custom shower, handicap toilet area. Glass & stone tile work.
2nd bedroom with Twin bed.
West end entrance to residence. Chico Peak in the background.
Spacious backyard off ground level deck. Views, and direct access to field.
Large open field providing exercise area and personal space.
View looking S.E. Mt. Cowan, tallest peak in Absaroka Range in background.
Chico Hot Springs Resort. 5 minute drive from residence. Pool open until 11 p.m
N.E. end of Paradise Valley, near Livingston.
Yellowstone Park's Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone and the Lower Falls, near Canyon junction. A must see!
Wildlife sighting in Paradise Valley, south of rental property.
- Property typeHouse
Get a rental quote, then book it!
- Response time Within 24 hours
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 11/17/2015
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Call between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. MST
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.