VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
You couldn't ask for a more convenient location! Our home is nestled in a quiet neighborhood at the north end of beautiful West Seattle. Walk 1/2-block up the street for a spectacular panoramic view of the moon over Elliot Bay, the Space Needle, and the downtown skyline.
Our location offers quick access to the stadiums for Seahawks football and Mariner's baseball!
Luna Park Upper occupies the second floor in this shared 1920's home. One bedroom with a queen bed and a daybed allow Luna Park Upper to sleep up to three guests. The living, dining, and kitchen areas are set up with an open floor plan to maximize space. A bathroom completes the suite. Towels and linens are provided, as well as wireless high-speed internet and satellite TV. The simple kitchen includes a coffee and enough kitchen gear to prepare a simple meal. A portable crib is available upon request. Luna Park Upper is a pet-free rental.
The main floor of the house, Luna Park Lower, is a completely separate vacation rental with its own entrance. There is a washer and dryer available in the basement that you may use during your stay, and a charcoal grill in the yard during summer months. The yard and basement are shared by all guests. We are happy to rent both the lower and upper floors together for larger groups (up to 7 guests), inquire for pricing.
Luna Park Upper is located just 10 minutes from downtown Seattle. You will be just a few blocks away from the start of Harbor Ave, which is perfect for jogging, walking, biking and rollerblading to Alki Beach (Seattle's premiere beach). There is also a convenient water taxi (walk on ferry) to take you from the beach to downtown Seattle. The location also features easy bus access to downtown.
Within a few blocks of our house you will find a nice variety of restaurants and cafe/diners such as Luna Park Cafe, one of the best breakfast diners in Seattle. The Skylark features pub fare and live music on the weekends as does The Bridge, all within walking distance from our house. And you are a short drive to Alki Beach where you'll find a myriad of fine and casual dining choices.
This is the perfect jumping-off point for fantastic sightseeing, museums, the Pike Place Market, the Seattle Center (which houses the Pacific Science Center, Experience Music Project and Space Needle) Aquarium, Zoo, fine restaurants, ferries, and all of the hiking, skiing, and outdoor adventure that our surrounding mountains have to offer.
- What is your cancellation policy? You can read it here: http://moonlightguestrentals.webs.com/cancellation-change-of-dates
- Is there parking available? Yes - it is easy to find a spot on our street near the house and parking is free.
- My family of 5 would like to rent your property. Is that ok, as long as we bring our own sleeping bags or sleep on the couch? No - our 3 guest limit is firm, out of respect for guests in the lower unit.
- Can I bring my well-behaved dog? No - this is a pet-free unit.
- What are your check-in/check-out times? - Can I check in early? You may check in any time after 3pm on your check-in date. We do not allow early check-ins or luggage drop-offs, so please plan your travels accordingly. If you require an earlier check in, please ask about booking the night before your arrival at a discounted rate. Check out is before 11 am.
- I will be arriving late at night, will this be a problem? - How do I get the keys? After we receive your final payment (due 3 days before you arrive), you will receive an e-mail with directions and the code to our combination lock box. Using the code, you can get the key and let yourself in any time after 3pm on your arrival date.
- Do I need to rent a car? - What about public transportation? It is possible to get around without a car. This house is about a block from a Rapid Ride bus stop and line C has frequent, fast service to downtown (about 6 miles away). From the airport, you can take a cab, or ride light rail to downtown and bus to the house. There are a variety of restaurants and shops within walking distance.
Last-Minute Monthly Rate Sale Feb 23 - Jun 7, 2015 2 night min stay
My Standard Rate 2 night min stay
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Refundable Damage Deposit$200
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
About the owner: Having both owned houses before we married in February of 2009, we decided to try the vacation rental business rather than sell either. Our first guests were Laura's family, in town for the wedding. Since then, with Joe's work as an entertainer and our joint project of raising our two sons, we are plenty busy! However, we take pride in putting our visitors first and have really enjoyed meeting our guests and sharing the city we love with them.