On Lake Rabun, Quiet, Big Water, Views, Relax in Comfort
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lake Rabun house description
Located on prime shore front property on Lake Rabun, 'Lakeside' is a large family-owned home in the scenic northeast Georgia mountains. The custom build-home sleeps ten guests. 'Lakeside' is located less than two hours north of Atlanta and is perfect for a family vacation, family reunion, weekend get-away, couples weekend, or girls-only weekend. The home is tastefully and comfortably furnished. 'Lakeside' can accommodate a crowd but offers cozy privacy to its guests with several indoor and outdoor seating areas. From inside of the house, you'll feel as if you are in the treetops as you watch a variety of birds at eye level.
Four bedrooms have lovely lake views. The over-sized, secluded master suite features two couches, a wood burning stone fireplace in a sunken seating area and a large wall of windows facing the lake. The suite includes a generous adjoining bathroom with Jacuzzi tub. The home has 3.5 baths, two large screen porches, two swimming docks and a large two story covered boathouse. The granite surface kitchen is well equipped with everyting you need to cook up a feast or warm up a snack. Or take it easy and dine at Louie's on the Lake or the Lake Rabun Hotel..
The large water level dock is attached to the boathouse with a swim-to-floating dock a few yards away. Borrow our red canoe and paddle around for a look at some of historic mansions built in the early 1900's lining our plush green shores. 'Lakeside's' views of the lower basin feature Sweater Girl Mountain, and a panoramic horizon of rolling hills.
The 900 acre Lake Rabun was build in 1915 by Georgia Power. The cool-deep waters of Lake Rabun have long been a year round haven for Atlantans seeking relief from the hustle and bustle of the city. This property allows you to bring your own boat and tie up at our dock. Or talk to Ben at Lakemont Marina or call Rabun Boat Works to rent a boat or jet ski. Lake Rabun is a friendly place where tradition dictates you wave at every passing boat, so if you're on the shore or out on the lake you'll be a welcomed visitor.
Due to the surrounding natural beauty, the fall's leaf season is just as popular as the summer's swim season. The covered boathouse offers plenty of seating so that you can simply relax in the shade of the covered deck, and watch the skiers and kids tubing past. For sun-lovers, an open area offers plenty of warm sunshine from the top of the boathouse.
You won't want to go anywhere else, but if you feel the need to explore, enjoy nearby Tallulah Gorge and Black Rock Mountain State Parks. Both offer hiking trails and splendid views. Close by are Minnehaha Falls and Angel Falls, to name a few. The nearest city is Clayton, Georgia, where many shops and stores would love to see you!
Make 'Lakeside' your choice for a wonderful family vacation or retreat. You'll be glad you did.
Keywords: summer swimming and boating,
great walking in the woods
year round outside activities
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- Queen size Beds (2) Extra large master suite on mail level features expansive window vistas, a wood burning Carolina-slate fireplace, two sitting areas, small desk, broad-board flooring, and a private bathroom with shower and large jetted tub; second queen bedroom located on the top level includes lovely lake view from the tree-tops., Double Beds (1) Located on the main floor, this tranquil and comfortable room looks into the trees., Twin or Single Beds (4) Two twin beds are located in a large upstairs bedroom with wooden floors and lake views; two additional twin beds are located in a downstairs bedroom with a separate sitting area, desk, screen porch and bathroom/shower....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Air Conditioning:
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Linens are provided.
- DVD Player
Deck / Patio:
(6) Large screened porch on main level of house looking out to lake includes chairs to relax as well as a table and chairs for outdoor eating; screened porch on lower level of house also overlooking the lake; large open deck off main level of the house looking towards lake includes seating and BBQ grill; large boathouse deck three-fourth covered with substantial seating area; two additional decks on lake level with seating as well; picturesque views feature Sweater Girl Mountain Range and impressive Lake Rabun vistas...moreless
- Outdoor Grill
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Whitewater Rafting
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Hunting Small Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Horseback Riding
- Recreation Center
- Scenic Drives
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Miniature Golf
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Gambling Casinos
- Lake Rabun is 'the' location of lake houses for the people of Atlanta. It is full all year with all types of water activities. Weekly bass fishing competition out of Halls Boat House. Ski boat and Pontoon boat rental available. Our house has a beach area that is good for non-swimmers. Ample areas on the boat house deck and boat docks for relaxing and sunset parties. The lake is cold and deep, please follow the boating swiming/safety rules listed on the DNR flyers. All children must wear life jackets when boating, tubbing, sking. It is recommended that if a child can not swim that they wear a life jacket at all times when down at the lake. Rentor must be 25 years old. The city of Clayton is about 12 miles north and has shops, thrift stores, antique malls, resturants, grocery stores and museums. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
AWESOME PLACE TO STAY
AWESOME PLACE TO STAY
MY FAMILY STAYED HERE OVER THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY WITH A FEW FRIENDS. WHEN IT CAME TIME TO LEAVE, NOONE WANTED TO. WE HAD A BLAST!! ITS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE!! ITS EVEN MORE LOVELY THAN IN THE PICTURES. THE OWNERS WERE SO VERY NICE AND HELPFUL. THEY EVEN LEFT US A WELCOME BASKET. I HAVE STAYED AT MANY RENTAL PLACES AND HAVE NEVER HAD THEM DO THAT. THESE PEOPLE WANNA MAKE YOU FEEL AT HOME WHEN YOU RENT FROM THEM. I AM SAVING THIS PLACE ON MY FAVES AND WILL BE RETURNING.CANNOT WAIT TO GO BACK!!!
- Guest mystified30531 (Cornelia, Georgia)
- Date of stay 11/24/11
- Review Submitted 11/27/11
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers.
Owner response: We are happy to have the opportunity to share our lake home with you. We were delighted that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving at Lakeside and feel certain that you'll be even more pleased when you return during the spring/summer season. Then you can make full use of the boathouse, floating dock and swim area. We think it is the best place in the world to swim.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 20 - May 17, 2014
3 night min stay
May 18 - Sep 19, 2014
3 night min stay
Sep 20 - Nov 28, 2014
3 night min stay
Nov 29 - Mar 20, 2015
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Deposit of $500.00 required to hold a reservation. This will be a refundable damage deposit after check in. There is a $200.00 cleaning fee and the county requires a 5% hotel tax. Checks can be sent to owner at his mailing address
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Cleaning Fee: $200
- Tax Rate 5%
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Hartfield/Jackson Atlanta, Ga at 120 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Rabun County Golf Course at 12 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Lake Rabun Hotel, Universal Joint, Dillard House at 3 Miles
Year Purchased: 1982
- Primary: 7064909150
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Boat house with covered sitting area and two sitting areas on lower dock.
Floating dock, Lake Rabun and Sweater Girl mountain
Looking from upper level of boat house to lower sitting area with and float
Entry, wood floors, and cedar plank walls. Dorm room ahead.
Queen size bed on upper level. Windows look onto lake.
From entry looking into living room and screen porch
Master bedroom, two sitting areas, windows look onto lake and woods. Fireplace.
Lower level sitting area. Wooden floors and panel walls.
Upper level of boat house, 3/4 covered seating. Great lake and mountain views.
Sitting and swimming area on the right side of boat house.
Shaded sitting area from lower level with swim float and mountains in background
Dorm room with wood floors, built in dresser and closet.
Upper level bath with wood floors and paneling. Clawed footedube.
Fully equiped kitchen, granite counters, dishwasher, disposal, open dinning room
Main level double bed. Windows look onto woods.
Lower level twin beds. Wooden floors and window looking onto lake.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Monday, December 09, 2013
5 Bedroom / 3.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.