Kicking Horse - Big Lodge - Winter Pool - Best Rate- Big Views
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Granby Ranch and its ski area, SolVista are the best kept secrets in Colorado. "Family friendly" is the theme and reality here. Nestled in a beautiful valley away from all traffic, you are centrally located between Winter Park and Grand Lake at the Sol Vista Ski Area.
Our location provides easy access to fantastic mountain activities. This Kicking Horse Lodge is truly in the middle of it all. This is an idyllic setting with every major mountain sport and outdoor activity available here or found nearby. Golf, mountain bike, hike, fish and raft in the summer - downhill and cross-country ski, tube, snowshoe and snowboard in the winter. You will be just steps from the Kicking Horse ski lift and the "Home Again" ski run that takes you back to your condo. This is the perfect place for adults and kids to fully enjoy the great outdoors without the hassle of a large, crowded, impersonal ski area.
"The economical and fun way to escape for a weekend… or a week."
This is the condo everyone says has the best view of all the Kicking Horse Lodges. Built just a few years ago, this lodge is maintained in beautiful condition. We've just added a new Sleep Number bed, comfy oversized wrap around couch with sleeper and an electric grill on the deck. Both ends of the lodge are walls of windows, so this is a very bright, warm and cheery environment with a relaxing gas fireplace to top off the cozy ambiance.
This lodge is a beauty and a bargain, offering:
• 2 private bedrooms plus a loft and 2 full baths – sleeps 6-8
• Southern sun exposure – tons of natural light
• “Sleep Number” queen bed in master bedroom and a jetted tub in adjoining master bath
• Twin beds in the 2nd floor bedroom, 1 sofa sleeper in loft, 1 full sleeper in the oversized sofa in living area - plenty of space for a large family or a vacation with friends
• Fully appointed kitchen and adjoining dining area offer all the comforts of home
• Efficient washer and dryer conveniently located in the condo
• Inviting hot tub – large, professionally maintained, in-ground – just a few steps from your door
• Enchanting gas fireplace with glass on three sides seperates the living and dining areas
• Comcast cable with two TVs - 42" big screen, high definition flat panel TV in living area and a second TV in upstairs (kids) bedroom
• WiFi - high-speed, secured, wireless internet in the condo
• Beautifully decorated, comfortable, quiet and filled with light
• Enjoy your coffee and the spectacular mountain views on the private deck/balcony
• Use the barbecue grill and balcony café table & chairs to cook and dine al fresco
Sol Vista is known for its family fun and friendly staff who can assist you at the beautiful base lodge where you can rent winter and summer sports equipment, drop in for a latte at the coffee bar, lunch in the cafeteria and enjoy a family dinner or drinks with friends at the highly rated Seven Trails Grille.
Granby Ranch also provides:
• Free Shuttles - take the free SolVista shuttle around Granby Ranch or catch the free Winter Park shuttle to ski the Winter Park resort and visit downtonw Winter Park.
• Golf & Fishing - just around the corner from the condo you will find Headwaters Golf Course for the golfer and miles of private fly-fishing for the fisherman or fisherwoman. Even a private fly fishing guide/instructor is available.
Grand Lake and Winter Park are each only 20 minutes away offering unique shopping and dining experiences. Rocky Mountain National Park is just outside of Grand Lake with unmatched "moose" and wildlife watching. You can also head to one of the three big area lakes for boating and fishing for lake trout, browns and rainbows.
And Granby Ranch is only about 1.5 to 2 hours (100 mi.) from Denver with no tunnel traffic... it doesn't get much better than this!
Keywords: Two Bedroom, Condominium, Ski, Loft, Sleeps 8,
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 4-8
- Queen size Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (2), Sleep Sofa or Futons (2)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Catering Available
- Ice Maker
- Gas Fireplace
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Shared Hot Tub:
- Music Library
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool:
- Jetted Tub
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Horseback Riding
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
- Jet Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
ReviewsWrite a review
Kicking Horse Rental
Kicking Horse Rental
Condo was very nice, Owner was Great. Was just a short walk about 3 - 5 min to slope and lift access.
- Guest Wade
- Date of stay 12/27/11
- Review Submitted 01/01/12
Everything Perfect!Guest comment entered by owner
Everything was absolutely perfect. Just wish we could have stayed longer! This beautiful Condo is the perfect place for any summer or winter Colorado outdoor activity you may want - just 20 miles from Fraser / Winter Park, and 22 miles from Grand Lake. It has its own ski lift and sledding hill if you prefer to stay in Sol Vista. It is very family oriented with easy access in and out. The condo has all the comforts of home, is beautifully decorated, and is reasonable priced. Our family had a great time and will defiantly be back!
- Guest Julie
- Date of stay 11/24/11
- Review Submitted 11/29/11
Loved Your Condo!Guest comment entered by owner
Loved Your Condo!
It was great! We had a very relaxing time and enjoyed the peaceful, quiet atmosphere both inside and outside the condo. The beds were very comfortable and the view was very beautiful! We liked the quiet atmosphere and away from the crowds.
- Guest Sharon
- Date of stay 09/02/11
- Review Submitted 11/18/11
Apr 1 - Dec 17 $125/nt $800/wk Dec 18 - Jan 5 $250/nt $1700/wk Jan 6 - Mar 31 $225/nt $1500/wk $100 Cleaning fee per stay Refundable Security Deposit $250/stay Minimum stay: 2 nights Rates subject to change until stay is confirmed State and local sales tax of 9.7% will be added to rental fee
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner/manager for more information.
Year Purchased: 2001
About the owner: Our two sons learned to be excellant skiers, fisherman and outdoorsman who developed a love of the mountains thanks to our Kicking Horse Lodge. We purchased it when it was being built and have owned it for over 10 years. Since our sons are older now, we want to share it with other families who can enjoy it and the surrounding activies just as we have over the years.
Why the Owner Chose Granby Ranch (formerly SolVista):
We live in the Denver area and this is the most convenient drive and location of any of the ski area mountain properties. It is just a 2 hour drive from our front door to the lodge and even on winter weekends, we miss most of the ski traffic because we exit I-70 at Empire bypassing the Eisenhower tunnel bottle-neck. The Granby Ranch area really does have it all, but without the crowding and high costs of other more heavily advertized mountain areas.
- Primary: (303) 246-1989
Links to more information:
Fresh powder - its yours and you don't have to fight crowds to find it
Fully equiped kitchen flows into the living area,the wall of windows and balcony
Master bedroom with dual control "Sleep Number" bed
Upstairs bedroom, with a view, next to loft and full bath
Open living area with twenty foot ceilings and native american rug accents
Master bedroom and adjoining master bath with jetted tub
More windows above entry and next to kitchen
Summer view inviting you outside
Comfortable sun-drenched living area of the lodge
Ski events and demos - always something happening at Sol Vista
Convenient breakfast bar frames the kitchen
Ski and tube during the day and at night under the lights
The beauty of Granby Ranch and Sol Vista
Elk herd wintering in Rocky Mountain National Park just minutes from the lodge
Serene winter view from balcony
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013