Two Bedroom Oceanfront Condo on Smathers Beach in Key West
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Other Key West Properties condo description
KEY WEST OCEANFRONT CONDOMINIUM FOR RENT... Two bedroom, one bath condominium - a fifth floor, oceanfront, corner unit.
This luxury condominium boasts one of the best ocean front views in Key West. It’s also one of the best values. Located oceanfront to Smather’s beach, the unit offers a 180 degree view of the Atlantic Ocean with the beach in the foreground. Smather’s Beach was recently rated No. 6th in the top ten Florida beach survey by the Travel Channel. See their video links at the bottom of the web page.
Smathers Beach is one of the very few sandy beaches in the keys and it is very well maintained. The beach was replenished with new sand (July 2011) and is approximately 30 feet wider now as well. The unit is high up on the fifth floor and is above tree top level. With binoculars, you can even see the ships in the deep blue Gulf Stream.
The unit features an open floor plan in the main living area. It's very light and airy. There is great ventilation and since it is the an end unit, it's very quiet.
•Oceanfront to Smather's Beach, the widest sandy beach in the keys.
• Located in an exclusive gated community, one of only two located on the beach.
• Fifth floor 180 degree view of the Atlantic.
• Large 15' oceanfront balcony
• Corner unit with windows on three sides.
• Two very large lap pools and two tennis courts.
• Nicely furnished with a mix of rattan and wood furniture on Hemingway-esque fabrics.
• Next door to the Sheraton Suites with access to services, free downtown shuttles, scooters and bike rentals, etc.
• Parking in the front of the build plus additional parking in the rear beyond the perimeter security.
• Short or long term leases available.
• Electronic brochure available on request.
Keywords: Key West, Sea, Oceanfront, Ocean view, Smathers Beach, Condo
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Parking Off Street
- Air Conditioning
- Washing Machine
- Weather The weather in the Florida Keys is very moderate due to the ocean breezes that are always blowing. It's around 80 degrees during the day and 73 at night. The Keys have 2 seasons, the dry season which is their winter and the rainy season which happens in the summer which means on any given day in the summer you can expect short, daily summer showers so plan your day at the beach accordingly. ...moreless
Pool & Spa
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Jet Skiing
- Smathers Beach Smathers Beach is the largest public beach in Key West, Florida. It is approximately a half mile long. The beach is located on the south side of the island, along the Atlantic Ocean and Florida State Road A1A, and begins at mile marker zero, the beginning of A1A. Smathers Beach activities include tanning, volleyball, water sport/beach sport rentals, including rafts, jet skies, parasailing, and windsurfing. Chair and umbrella rentals are available along with food/beverage concessions. Alcohol is permitted on the beach. There are also picnic tables available along with ample street side parking. Smathers Beach is an excellent choice for a get away for two, a beach wedding, spring break destination, and more. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Wonderful view, wonderful complex!
Wonderful view, wonderful complex!
You can't beat the ocean view or ocean breezes in this unit! The owner was attentive and easy to deal with, the neighbors friendly, and the almost daily evening weddings across the street on the beach (just the barefoot bride and groom, a justice of the peace and a photographer) - enchanting. Add the sunrise and sunset views from the balcony (which overlooks the beach), two huge pools, the boardwalk, the easy bike ride to the action on Duval St - you'll love it. We certainly did. Walk on the boardwalk, bike to Duval St or the Key West Bight, swim in the heated or non-heated pools.
- Guest Joey (Toronto)
- Date of stay 02/01/12
- Review Submitted 04/01/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, sightseeing, romantic getaway.
Working in Paradise
Working in Paradise
Found this property to be an Excellent location for enjoying/exploring Key West. Stayed here while on a job assignment starting on Labor Day. Owner was very accomidating to my needs and in getting us settled in for a 4 month stay. Surrounding neighbors were very courteous and friendly and the property was kept in immaculate condition. Excellent security with gated parking and the pools were also kept in pristine condition. There is ALWAYS something going on in Key West so every season offers entertainment. Hated to leave but job was complete and time to move on. Would definately recommend this particular property for an extended stay in Key West.Owner was easy to work with and accessible. The property has a Million dollar view of the Atlantic, watched the cruise ships come and go in the channel and the kite boarders on windy days. Hope to come back someday when retired.
- Guest Buddy (Ellijay, Georgia)
- Date of stay 09/11/11
- Review Submitted 01/08/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, sightseeing, adventure seekers.
Rates are seasonal December - March is $4,290 per Month May - Sept. is $2,290 per Month April, October and November is $2,490 per month All rates included utilities icluding internet access The minimum term is one month Florida sales tax of 7.5% and County Tourist Tax of 5% is not included
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 1992
About the owner: I'm a technology sales person located in Silicon Valley, CA
Why the Owner Chose Other Key West Properties:
The condo offers one of the best views of the beach located on the best island in the FL Keys.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
A great place to vacation and/or a great place to work where you can get things done and still feel like you are on a vacation. If you working, you may not be able to leave the office behind. Here, you can manage your business and still be able to relax in the alternate universe of Key West.
- Primary: (919) 349-6824 (North Carolina, USA)
Links to more information:
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 12, 2013