Estate of Mind is a Unique Property on 5 Private Acres
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Upper Jessups villa description
This nature lover’s villa is situated on the best site of this 5-acre estate on the edge of the ghaut. It is located about 700 ft. up the 3200 ft. mountain, providing ideal temperature year round and is a minute drive above the Four Seasons golf course. The views all around it are spectacular especially of the ocean and St.Kitts. As a result the villa has open-air architecture letting you take it all in from the villa. Aside from the views, animal life is abundant with many birds such as hummingbirds feeding on the flowering plants surrounding the pool; wild monkeys are prolific when the mangoes are in season. There are pet donkeys, 1 horse, 2 dogs, 1 cat and parrot, which are in residence. Hundreds of palm trees grace the 5 acres along with many 3 ft. tall ferns, large mango, flamboyant, orchid, jacaranda trees and a variety of other beautiful and flowering plants and don't forget about the soothing pool waterfall and fountain as you watch the gorgeous sunsets with a cocktail!! Terrific hiking from the property and take the owners suggestions to view waterfalls, ruins and ficus tree groves.
Acting on your behalf they can arrange transportation for your arrival including private taxi and boat along with car rental delivery. Many other services (some for an additional fee) can include first meal for arrival, grocery, liquor, shopping, sail and snorkeling arrangements, recommend restaurants, where to go, things to do and even a decorated Christmas tree. Just provide your wish list!
While the property is very private and away from it all it is very conveniently located above the luxurious Four Seasons Hotel, five minutes drive to Pinneys Beach, many different restaurants and beach bars, along with all the water activities and golf and tennis the Four Seasons provides, and 10 minutes from town. There are only a handful of properties that match these attributes!
Keywords: Charming, Romantic and away from it all.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Smoking Allowed
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Bedrooms 1&2 are ensuite. 2.5
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Catering Available
- Dishes & Utensils
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- Music Library
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Mountain View
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Deepsea Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Climbing
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Whale Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Lots to do here-snorkeling trips,sailing(could possibly get you included in 1/2 day charter with another group-usually takes minimum 6 and max 8,can get you in with some expats who live here on hiking -they do some great ones,also can take a guide to hike top of mountain. We have beautiful hikes right from our property over ancient waterfalls,bridges and caverns or right along the Four Seasons golf course path which takes you into a beautiful ghaut and over a bridge.,fishing charter, (usually pretty costly), tennis not expensive at Four Seasons, golf Four Seasons-about $130 a round,cheaper if you go want to go to Marriott in St. Kitts. You can sail on large catamaran which takes about 30 people,and horse back riding, lots of restaurants and beach bars along with dinner at plantation Inns, kayaking,water sking, sail a smaller rented boat on your own. We can also direct you to some deserted beaches and great inland sites where you can take a picnic. Historical sites and hikes with Historical Society.Nght life there are live bands -usually 3. nights out of week and karaoke . On our sister island ,St Kitts, you can visit historic Brimstone Fort,go to casinos(this island has a much differnt flavor than Nevis) and do more shopping.St Kitts is a 20 minute boat ride. Of course there is leisurely walking the beach ,lying in the sun , can arrange a private massage at the villa,reading,etc.We have tons of books,DvDS,movie channel for chilling out at night.We know all the people who run the activities so can help you with all of this. Must for wildlife lovers-many monkeys you can see up close on property when the troops go thru daily and on hikes. Cetain times of year you can see the whales migratring from the villa if you re lucky! There are a number of herds of donkeys,sheep,goats on the island.The two tame donkeys are of course right on our property! We can make all travel arrangements to and from Airport where your own Private driver can meet you and wisk you off for a beautiful boat ride to approach Nevis the best way(boat ride that is private-or up to 6 people is only 20 minutes) Arrangements can be made for your first night meal to be delivered and a cretain times a private chef can buy the groceries and prepare your meal.However there are 4 casual beach bars at the bottom of our road or the fancier Four Seasons restaurants. We act as your private concierge so your wish is ours.We stay in a small cottage on the property that allows total privacy for the main villa....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
2013 Stay At Estate of Mind
2013 Stay At Estate of Mind
5 Stars!!! If you love nature, serenity, privacy, spectacular views, getting off the beaten path, and a change from the typical tourist accommodations, then this lovely home and property is for you. With an open air concept, you'll share the central living area with beautiful birds trying to nest in the chandeliers, and an occasional Monkey peeking at you from the roof......not to mention the owner's incredibly brilliant and welcoming pups, and their adorable donkeys and horse also on property. The two master suites are charming and comfortable, as is the entire house, and everything you need is provided. The views are stunning, and everything is within driving distance. Try to find Lovers Beach while there. Not easy to find, but well worth it if you want your own beautiful private tropical spot on the island. The owners, Barbara and Sandy, are just simply the best people I've met in a very long time. They will ensure your comfort and provide any information you need to make your stay on this very special little island memorable. My visit to Nevis, Estate of Mind, and meeting Barbara, Sandy, and their four-legged family, and many friends will always be a cherished memory.
- Guest Sandra D.
- Date of stay 04/27/13
- Review Submitted 05/28/13
My husband and I recently stayed at Estate of Mind for our honeymoon and had an extraordinary time. The house was beautiful and charming, the view amazing and our hosts became our friends as well as guides as they shared what to seek out and avoid (e.g. Norwegian meatballs) when it came to food, places, etc. Every night we watched the sky come to life with a different sunset and every morning we awoke with clouds skittering across the sky, getting in place for the new day. In between we visited all the various sites on Nevis, from craggy coast to smooth shore, lush rain forest to crumbling sugar mills and plantations. The hosts volunteer with the local humane society so there were four legged creatures around should you want to get your fix of dog or donkey or parrot (which I did!), but only come if invited (which they were!). It was truly a magical experience, one we will never, ever forget. Thank you dear hosts and friends.
- Guest scoobers (Dallas, TX)
- Date of stay 10/29/12
- Review Submitted 11/10/12
Recommended for: Pet owners, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
Glenn and Anna
Glenn and Anna
My husband and I have stayed at Estate of Mind three times now, each time more magic than the last. We have enjoyed the fantastic views of St Kitts while we sip our rum punch by the pool. The fact that the house is up on the side of the mountain provides a welcome breeze on a hot day. We just love the owners Sandy and Barbara, and their friendly pack of pets, which include, dogs, horses, and a parrot. The house is conveniently situated near to beaches and restaurants. The airport and port are a short drive away. With any luck we will return to this magic house soon.
- Guest Glenn (Ludlow Shropshire UK)
- Date of stay 01/14/12
- Review Submitted 10/04/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, tourists without a car, families with young children, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
lovely holiday home. stunning location.
lovely holiday home. stunning location.
This is the second time we have stayed at Estate of mind, this time it was because we wanted to get married in Nevis. Sandy and Barbara were brilliant, they organized everything from the wedding on the beach to the reception at the house. What a great time. we love the location of the property and my little boy especially loves the animals there which are all very friendly.. we will definitely be going back.
- Guest Lara (UK)
- Date of stay 03/03/12
- Review Submitted 09/24/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
Relaxed is the Estate of Mind
Relaxed is the Estate of Mind
We recently returned form Nevis in March 2012 and our stay at Estate of MInd. The challange of getting to Nevis with the taxi ride from the airport to the and the boat ride across the channel was only the beginning. We were met at Oualie Beach by Raymond from Albern Car rental. He was so nice to lead us up to the house which is an adventure on Nevis roads. The property is definitely seculuded. The hous and view were spetacular. The weather perfect. The open concept to the house fit the site so well. The monkeys ate our soap at the outside shower. Evenings were the best with the view of the stars and St. Kitts complemented by the sheer quiet and ever present breeze. Barb and Sandy were so helpful without being intrusive. Our only complaint, though minor was that the pool temperature could have been warmer. But, e would go back in a heart beat!
- Guest Roy Boy (Ohio)
- Date of stay 02/25/12
- Review Submitted 03/16/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, tourists without a car, families with young children, families with teenagers, age 55+.
My wife and I with our two teenage Children visited Eatate of MInd which has just recently been offered for rent and had a fabulous time. Being nature lovers we really enjoyed leasurely walks on the 5 acres interspersed with beautiful plants, the sound of the waterfall, dramatic views of the mountain, ocean and St.kitts. We were able to take great hikes right from the porperty and the beach was only minutes away as well as the restaurants. The villa is an arcitects and/ or artists dream. The owners took perfect care of us and we did truly feel like we had our own private concierge. It is one of a kind on Nevis and we would highly recommend it.
- Guest Jerry (Roanoke, Va.)
- Date of stay 09/10/11
- Review Submitted 10/11/11
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Low season :April 17 -December 15 2011 U.S.$ 2,200/week. min. 7 nights High season : December 16 - April 16 2012 U.S.$ 2,900/week. min 7 nights
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Beach: beach at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 1999
Links to more information:
view from one of master bedrooms
View to St.Kitts
See also bird's nest in chandellier
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 03, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.