Perfect Mountain Getaway Near Lake Arrowhead & Snow Valley Ski - Wifi Internet
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Running Springs house description
Near Lake Arrowhead and Snow Valley Ski Resort and Snow Tubing
Ski lovers paradise. Snow Valley 10 minutes form this cabin/house
Cute 3-bedroom house available for rent
- 2 miles to downtown Running Springs,
- 8 miles from Lake Arrowhead
- Great restaurants Lake Arrowhead, Blue Jay, Running Springs
- Outlet stores at Lake Arrowhead
- Movie theaters at Blue Jay
- House is approximately 1550 sq. ft.
- 7 sleep on beds, 2 on couches and lots of warm blankets
- Sleeps up to10 with sleeping bags (bring your own sleeping bag)
- Side porch, and backyard deck for cool summer evenings, picture perfect snow season
- Wood fireplace in living room
- Brand new kitchen with all amenities (pots, pans, dishes, utensils etc.)
- Quiet Neighborhood, National Forest
- Elevation 6000 ft.
- 30' Flat Screen TV, VCR, DVD, Stereo
- Walk, Bike, hike, fish, Ski (when in season) or simply just hang out and relax
- Views of San Bernardino Mountains
If you dream of getting away to the mountains, you have already envisioned our beautiful cabin. Running Springs, within eight miles of Lake Arrowhead, is heavily forested with charming homes on large lots hidden among the hundred-year-old pines and Dogwood trees. The astounding natural beauty and abundant wildlife makes this one of the most breathtaking locations in the San Bernardino Mountains -- and a favorite place for people who prefer the outdoors with a little more seclusion and privacy.
There is a large outdoor deck with beautiful views of the trees. You can relax with a cup of coffee in the morning or sip a glass of wine at sunset and enjoy the tranquil, natural surroundings while you watch the squirrels scurry from tree to tree. An occasional coyote, bobcat, or bear may wander by so keep your camera ready! A BBQ gas grill on the side deck provides for great cook out opportunities.
Of course, in the wintertime, when the ground is covered with a blanket of snow, you’ll want to relax inside with a warm fire crackling in the cabin's brick fireplace. This spacious 1500 square foot home is loaded with charm -- A TV with DVD/VCR player provide entertainment. If you prefer music, you can play the old fashioned AM/FM radio or the CD player. The cabin is stocked with DVDs, games and puzzles for a lazy afternoon or for family bonding.
The brand new kitchen has granite countertops and fine wood cabinet doors and is well stocked with all the utensils and cookware you need to feel right at home. You can pick up your groceries at a nearby market or bring them with you.
The master bedroom has a full bed and a bunk bed that sleeps four people comfortably. The master bath includes a jetted tub, and plenty of storage space.
The second bedroom, which sleeps two, one on a twin bed and the other on a comfortable couch; has a small deck right outside its door with a charming view of a forested country road.
The third bedroom, very cozy, has two twin beds. Both bath and showers have been remodeled with new flooring.
Several quaint restaurants are within 7 to 8 miles. Take a short ten-minute drive to Lake Arrowhead Village where you can enjoy many more restaurants, shopping, summertime concerts, and the beautiful Lake Arrowhead with a boat tour. The town of Blue Jay is also about a five minute drive where you will find many amenities - groceries, movie theater, restaurants, and shopping.
In the winter months, you can sled and play in the snow in the immediate area. Skiing/snowboarding is a short 10 minutes drive away at nearby Snow Valley in Running Springs.
Come and stay in our Mountain retreat in Running Springs.
Keywords: Single Story, Mountain House, Cabin, Near Lake Arrowhead, in the San Bernardino Mountains, close to Skiing and Snow boarding, Snow Valley Ski Resort, Big Bear Lake, Daily Rental, Weekly, Monthly, With 9 beds sleeps up to 15 (bring your own sleeping bags)
- 1550 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered:
- Children Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
- Events Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Pantry Items
- Catering Available
- Child's Highchair
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Living Room seats 10:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Clothes Dryer
Streaming TV via Sony (SMP N200) Network Media Player / Wi-Fi Built-In Wi-Fi The Streaming YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, WIRED, Pandora, blip.tv, etc. USB Input Bring your own USB external Hard Drive with movies and Photos and share your videos or photos...moreless
- Video Library:
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet:
- Free Long Distance:
- Broadband Access:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Basketball Court
- Water Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Massage Therapist
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Mountain Biking
- Jet Skiing
- Recreation Center
- Scenic Drives
- Gambling Casinos
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Fitness Center
- Outlet Shopping
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Running Springs Vacation Rentals Are a Gateway to Nature If you love nature, an escape to the San Bernardino Mountains is just the vacation you need. Miles and miles of the San Bernardino Forest surround the small town of Running Springs, and from here you can access dozens of area hiking trails, including the Alder Creek Trail, the Government Canyon Trail, or for a real challenge on a nine mile stretch of often uphill paths, check out Dry Lake Trail. On some trails you can hitch a ride on a horse for another layer of adventure. Bring binoculars so you can bird watch or a plant book to identify wildflowers and native foliage. The Moonridge Animal Park has over 80 animal species, and provides educational programs and displays where children—and adults—can learn about and experience the wonder of nature up close. At the Big Bear Discovery Center, visitors can wander the exhibits, try hands on activities, and speak to naturalists about the variety of local plant and animal life. Easy Access to Big Bear Lake from Running Springs Lodging Big Bear Lake resort is not quite a half hour away from Running Springs vacation rentals, which means after just a short drive, you can enjoy the culture, the activities, and the gorgeous scenery of Big Bear Lake. A beautiful lakeside and mountain shadowed community, Big Bear Lake boasts high class art galleries, five star resort restaurants, and excellent shops for unique gifts or sport equipment. For outdoor summer and winter gear, try the local favorite, Equada. Running Springs Vacation Rentals Put You at Peace Check out Inland Empire vacation homes for the seclusion you’re searching for. Book a cabin in the woods to get away from the world and stargaze from a private deck at night. Your Running Springs vacation rental is affordable and unique, so soak up the peace and the peace of mind. Lake Arrowhead Cabins for Your Next Vacation For Lake Arrowhead lodging, Inland Empire vacation rentals are perfectly suited to your needs. Choosing from Lake Arrowhead cabins in the area can hold distinct advantages from more popular lodging choices. When's the last time you stayed in a hotel that had enough room for the kids, a Jacuzzi, a nice kitchen, and you were the only guests in the building? Lake Arrowhead lodging options bring you this level of versatility, providing the comfort that you desire for where you choose to stay. Location of Lake Arrowhead As a small community of less than 10,000 residents, a lovely choice for a vacation can be found at Lake Arrowhead cabins. The community lies in San Bernardino County, very close to its most populous city of the same name. Staying at Lake Arrowhead offers stunning views to guests. With 300 days of sunshine per year, you will have no difficulties enjoying the weather and beautiful landscapes within the community. Unsurprisingly, you will also be able to enjoy nearby attractions if you desire. You may, perhaps, wish to go to San Bernardino to see the Fox Performing Arts Center, the California Theatre, or the Robert V. Fullerton Museum of Art. Your Perfect Vacation Lake Arrowhead may very well be the spot of your perfect vacation. With plenty of activities within the community and everything else that California has to offer, Lake Arrowhead is a great spot for a family or couple to visit. Take advantage of all the glorious amenities that Lake Arrowhead cabins have to offer for your next trip to California. These vacation rentals will ensure your privacy and comfort as you explore the surrounding area on your next vacation. Lake Arrowhead | The Village / Shopping The shopping at Lake Arrowhead Village is second to none. With everything from elegant boutiques and factory outlets, the Village is a shopper's paradise. Enjoy a children's playground, tour-boat trips on the Arrowhead Queen and waterskiing school. There is nothing quite like dining on the lake, watching the boats go by while enjoying great cuisine. Whatever you're in the mood for, a quick bite or a casual Mexican dinner, the Village has it all....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Cozy house for 2 families
Cozy house for 2 families
Our group consisted of 2 families: 4 adults and 5 kids under age 10 staying here for 3 nights.The house smelled freshly cleaned upon our arrival and the kitchen was well stocked. The bathrooms, carpet, and mattresses need updating. Prior to our arrival, I asked the owner how many bath sized towels and hand towels would there be, he answered "plenty" . There were 6 bath towels total which we all deemed sufficient for 1 family of 4 people. I also asked what type of coffee maker and the owner didn't know and said it's probably standard so I bought size 4 cone coffee filters. It is a basket filter coffee maker. The owner recommended excellent restaurants where we enjoyed 2 meals as well as Snow Drift tubing which was lots of fun. The grill outside worked well for one of our dinners( after looking all around the house, we found the propane tank in the garage , accessed thru the 1st bedroom). Overall, it was a pleasant stay in this house in close proximity to Snow Valley.
- Guest helen h.
- Date of stay 12/26/13
- Review Submitted 01/09/14
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+.
Owner response: Dear Helen, we are thrilled that you had a pleasant stay in the mountains and find our cabin cozy and convenient close to the ski slopes. You are absolutely right we did talk prior to your arrival and I did inform you that there are plenty of towels provided to you, I wish you would call me or our housekeeping (numbers provided for your convenience in our welcome kit as well as in the cabin) so we could let you know where in the house you could find more towels, we are truly sorry for not being able to communicate regarding this. We sincerely hope that you would consider staying with us soon. Thank you for choosing our crazy cabin house in the mountains for your family vacation. Sincerely. Erick
Neatly maintained house with all amenities required
Neatly maintained house with all amenities required
We were a group of 3 families who stayed here for the Thanksgiving weekend. The house is kept in very good condition and it has all the amenities required for living your regular life even during a vacation. Kids really had a lot of fun, especially with the games and stuff provided. The location of the house is strategically located to access most of the attractions in that area including Lake Arrowhead and Bigbear. The owner was really helpful and friendly, and also approachable anytime for any questions we had. I will definitely recommend this rental if you are visiting something in this area and if you have a group consisting more than 1 family.
- Guest Shamly V.
- Date of stay 11/27/13
- Review Submitted 12/01/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with young children, romantic getaway, people with disabilities, age 55+, sightseeing, girls getaway, families with teenagers.
We enjoyed your huge gourmet kitchen and fridge; and the daffodils covering the backyard hill, the fresh air and tree view was refreshing! Inside we loved the cozy, beautiful living room and large family movie selection and even games! We were comfortable with the heater and bedding and sleeping bags on top. The towels and beds and living room and kitchen were in perfect order, the bathrooms were nice, everything was clean, and I am picky about this! :) The master bathroom under the sink had a large leak (which can easily be fixed) Although the two lower bunk bed mattresses need about a 2-3 inch latex foam padding because of the mattress wires poking out, we did find the other beds firm but fine. Need to bring your own paper and kitchen towels and wash clothes, they were not there. It was unclear if we were to leave our trash in the outside bin when we left, we didn't have room to remove it, nor did we know where else to dispose it. We loved Big Bear and the local trail walks. Thank you for sharing your lovely property. I walked around and picked up a bag of left cigarette butts left from a previous person, after that, I relaxed and enjoyed the flowers and trees around :)
- Guest Carrie (Tustin, CA)
- Date of stay 04/01/13
- Review Submitted 04/13/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, romantic getaway, age 55+, sightseeing, girls getaway, families with teenagers.
Great Group Getaway
Great Group Getaway
The lisiting description was very accurate, and the photos accurately reflected the rental's appearance and amenities. The property was clean and well maintained. It was very quaint cabin and had more than enough space to sleep the 12 people in our party and the dog we brought comfortably. What really impressed me was the communication between me and the owner. He was very helpful in answering any questions and concerns I had about the cabin and our stay. He even recommended places to go like nearby grocery stores. I would recommend this property to a friend or relative. It's great for families, friends, and people who have pets. There are a lot of nearby recreational activities like tubing, skiiing, and snowboarding. We ended up sledding.
- Guest happyrenter91 (Fullerton, CA)
- Date of stay 01/18/13
- Review Submitted 01/24/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, pet owners, girls getaway, families with teenagers.
Perfect Mountain Getaway
Perfect Mountain Getaway
Great Place to stay. Management, and the owner were very easy to talk to. Very comfortable asking questions. I would definitely stay here again.
- Guest Peter (San Francisco)
- Date of stay 07/05/12
- Review Submitted 07/11/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers.
Owner response: Hi Peter, Thank you for your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our cabin in Running Springs; hope the Tough Mudder Event was a good one for you and your friends. We look forward to have you stay with us soon. ~ Erick
Wonderful place for a short vacation
Wonderful place for a short vacation
I booked this vacation home for the year end trip with my friends' family. One from San Diego and another from Phoenix. Both cities don't have the snow but we had a fun with kids for snow play near this home. The home itself also had everything we need. Three bedrooms with lots of linens, fully equipped kitchen. Nice view near this home was the additional benefit.
- Guest James (San Diego)
- Date of stay 12/28/11
- Review Submitted 01/22/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, sightseeing, families with teenagers.
Not your old mountain cabin
Not your old mountain cabin
This cabin had all the amenities you might expect in a modern house off the mountain and enough space that our two families and associated children never felt cramped. We all immediately felt at home and comfortable, in part due to the charming holiday decorations (a Christmas tree in every room!). Grilling on the barbeque, with plenty of propane provided, on the patio amongst the trees and a view of far away mountains was an unexpected bonus for a winter ski trip. It's located within a quiet, spread-out neighborhood in a lightly forested area. For those interested, the typical montane birds were present around the cabin. I'm not sure if we just didn't figure out how to work the cable/satellite tv, or there might not have been any. Still, there were plenty of boardgames and dvds to keep all of us occupied at night. And during the day, the cabin is about equidistant to Lake Arrowhead (fun ice skating at Blue Jay) and Snow Valley (low-key local skiing).
- Guest Andrew (San Pedro, CA)
- Date of stay 12/30/11
- Review Submitted 01/21/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+, sightseeing, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Dear Andrew, we are very happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Oak Cabin. Our true desire is fulfilled when guests such as you create moments of joy together to be remembered forever. For your added enjoyment recently we added streaming media device to the cabin's TV system; this small device is now connected to the cabin's existing wireless internet and is streaming movies and video content from favorite sites such as YouTube, NetFlix (with you own account), hulu plus, etc. We look forward to prepping the cabin for your next stay. Thank you for posting your comment and experience about your stay in the mountains. –Erick and Seta.
Running Springs Vacation
Running Springs Vacation
It was a good experience overall, the location of the house was easy to find and everything inside the house was stocked. The house itself is very cozy, it gives you the warmth feeling, and the surrounding areas are very beautiful. Site seeing was one of a kind, I would truly recommend this for anyone coming to Running Springs. I would definitely come back, the overall experience is wonderful. The trip was full of memories that I would cherish forever.
- Guest Arin33RS (Glendale, CA)
- Date of stay 01/06/12
- Review Submitted 01/19/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with young children, pet owners, romantic getaway, people with disabilities, age 55+, sightseeing, girls getaway, families with teenagers.
A Getaway from the City
A Getaway from the City
My friends and I enjoyed our stay at this location; it was quiet while we spent our time here together bonding. Another plus I like about this property is that there isn't a $X00.00 deposit, it's a $59 fee for damage protection because at the time I didn't have that extra money if it were a $X00.00 deposit. We all quite liked this property and are considering a second trip to this location, however there are some descriptions that I dislike with. There are 6 beds available, 5 of which being single beds, so I would say 7 people might sleep comfortably, 1 on each of the 5 single beds, 2 on the master bed (if people don't mind sharing); the max being 15, assuming squeezing 2 in each single bed, 3 in the master bed, and one on each couch. What I don't understand is that in the rates is that there is a minimum 8 person booking if it says it sleeps 7. Other than that, the rates for midweek and non-holiday are extremely low (at least in my and my friends' eyes), but we unfortunately got the holiday rates. It wouldn't have been a problem, but we had 2 people drop out of the trip last minute, so only 6 people went out of the 8 originally. Also Dan (the local manager) that the owner told me to contact for information just wasn't available during our trip, so I was very glad that the owner was available to take my calls.
- Guest Dalton (Long Beach, CA, USA)
- Date of stay 01/02/12
- Review Submitted 01/18/12
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, adventure seekers, families with young children, romantic getaway, age 55+, girls getaway.
Owner response: Dear Dalton, Thank you for your review and comments about your experience at out mountain getaway, we certainly will be looking forward and be very happy to have you and your friends stay with us again soon. You are absolutely correct, there are 5 tween beds and 1 queen bed enabling total number of guests sleeping on beds to 7, however there are two comfortable couches which make it possible for guests to sleep above ground and plenty of extra blankets. If you notice in the "features" section, guests up to 12 with sleeping bags. This has been the case with a number of groups booking the place; we have boy scouts, boys and girls clubs and ski clubs calling us and asking to be together and based on experience w have found that 15 guests with 7 on beds, 2 on couches and the rest in sleeping bags (which they bring themselves) is a doable number. Having said all this, we will carefully analyze the way we have worded and presented the property and if necessary will make appropriate changes to make it clearer to everyone to picture the sleeping arrangements. It has been our pleasure sharing our mountain home with you and your friends. Thank you. Erick and Seta Amirkhanian
RE: Oak Cabin Rental - Welcome kit - Dec. 23, 2011Guest comment entered by owner
RE: Oak Cabin Rental - Welcome kit - Dec. 23, 2011
Happy New Year! I just wanted to send a note to say thank you for allowing us to stay in your home. It was beautifully decorated :) and comfortable. We had a wonderful time! Thanks again, ~ jenn
- Guest Jennifer
- Date of stay 12/23/11
- Review Submitted 01/11/12
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat
Rates are based on 8 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Pet Fee $35
- Cleaning Fee $95
- Property Damage Protection $69
- Tax Rate 11%
Thanksgiving ..$24.50 per person per night
Christmas and New Years .. $35.00 per person per Night
Minimum 8 person booking (3 night min.)
Week-ends ..$24.50 per person per night
Mid-Week ..$18.50 per person per night
Minimum 8 person booking (2 night min.)
Rates reflect total cost, (bed tax and cleaning fee)
**Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Big Bear Lake at 18 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Lake Arrowhead at 8 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Snow Valley Ski Resort at 6 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Running Springs at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: Hello and welcome to our home at Running Springs, CA. We are Erick and Seta. I (Erick) am a photographer, photographing people and products. I love fishing, hiking, boating, biking, skiing, snow tubing and simply hanging out and enjoying a hot fire on a cold winter night. Seta is a healer, she is a homeopath and loves serving people with her knowledge and God given healing gifts. We are pleased that you are reviewing our house cabin in the mountains and are considering it for rental. We always make sure that you feel 100% satisfied with your satay in our place. So give us a jungle and let's talk.
Why the Owner Chose Running Springs:
We were attracted to this area and were taken by its Tranquility, fresh air, the quietness, the snow, proximity to ski resorts, ... Lake Arrowhead, Snow Valley Big Bear Lake. We love it! and we are confident that you will love it too. We look forward to the opportunity to talk with you
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The quiet night, the mountain fresh air, cozy fireplace that brings our family and close friends together for story telling and roasted marshmallows.
- Primary: 8184167547
- Secondary: +1 818-850-5405
Lots of Trees, Mountain Fresh Air. Mountain Vacation Rental near Lake Arrowhead
Open floor plan, living room, Kitchen and dining room.
Dining room sits 8 to 12 when extended all the way
Bedroom/den leading out to the back yard deck
Master bedroom with bunk bed, leather couch and a double bed
Backyard/Deck for your enjoyment being in nature
Big Bear Lake 18 miles, Snow Valley Ski Resort 6 miles, Lake Arrowhead 8 miles
Cozy Fireplace, quality family time, mountain getaway, ski lodge
Snow Valley Skiing View of the mountain with white fresh snow on the trees.
Snow Valley Ski Lots of snow play with the kids Vacation Rental Lake Arrowhead
Running Springs - Snow Tubing Snow Valley Ski Resort
Lake Arrowhead adjacent Nested in trees, off-street parking for up to 3 cars
Brand new kitchen island for gathering together and drinks or playing game
Brand new kitchen and appliances, loaded with all you need for cooking
Side deck, where you can enjoy a nice BBQ or take in that mountain fresh air
Vacation Rental Lake Arrowhead Snow Valley Beautiful Sunset
Lake Arrowhead Village only 8 miles from the house Big Bear Lake 18 miles
Snow Valley Snow play at Snow Valley Ski Resort, Skiing, Snow Tubing
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Tuesday, March 18, 2014
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.