Check Out the Views! Backs to State Forest
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Swanton chalet description
Chic & modern decor. Backs to State Forest
•4WD, AWD, or tire chains highly recommended/required during winter months
•Detailed finishes to the highest standard.
•Rural setting, adjacent to Savage River State Forest.
•Less than 5 miles to Deep Creek Lake State Park.
•Wake to breathtaking views from the large Master suite in loft offering a King bed.
•Nice proximity to New Germany State Park offering miles of trails and a small lake.
•Lower level offers a great respite from the busy day with bar, TV, and game table.
•Relax in the hot tub on the oversized deck or hunker under the covered porch while enjoying the wildlife.
- 2980 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (1), Murphy Beds (2)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Most amazing quality you will ever see in the bathrooms!
Kitchen & Dining
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Game Room:
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Whitewater Rafting
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Hunting Small Game
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Climbing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- Cross Country Skiing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- **WISP Resort - Maryland's only downhill ski resort can be found tucked away in the rolling mountains of Western Maryland offering 2-season activities including: - snow skiing (7 chairs, ski carpet, 2 surface tow's, 32 trails) - ice skating - snowshoeing - Nordic center - snowmobiling - mountain coaster - paintball, skating, biking - rock climbing, rapelling - squirrel canopy, Segway tours, zipline course, dune buggies, scenic chairlift rides, and more than can be described here! **Maryland's highest free-falling waterfall, located in a virgin Hemlock forest with groomed hiking trails, can be found less than 15 minutes away at Swallow Falls State Park. **Whiltewater abounds....Precision Rafting does an outstanding job of leading groups on the Youghiogheny River (pronounced 'Yock', like dock) (Class II-V) or some prefer to new ASCI man-made river on top of the WISP Mountain for a more governed float trip and some great training. Blessed with 7 great rivers nearby, you won't run out of rivers to run! ** Golfing...Explore the 8 golf course found a short drive away. ** State Forests & Parks...With almost 1/4 of our County managed as State Forests & Parks, you are sure to find your desires: -- Deep Creek Lake State Park... 1,818 acres offering a boat launch, beach, swimming, picnicking, miles of trails, miles of lakefront to enjoy -- Swallow Falls State Park... 257 acres encompassing a Virgin Hemlock Forest, Yough River, Muddy Creek Falls (53 foot waterfall), and miles of hiking/biking trails. -- Herington Manor State park...365 acres with a 53 acre lake, sandy beach, warming hut, hiking, tennis, folleyball, cross-country ski trails and rentals. Adjacent to Swallow Falls State Park. -- Savage River State Forest...54,000 acres (largest forest in Maryland) offering New Germany State Park (beach swimming, paddleboat, flat water canoeing, fishing), 10+ miles of cross country ski trails, biking, hunting, geocaching, and primitive exploration. ** Dog Sledding & Horse & Carriage Ridges - innovative merchants convert their sleighs to be used in Summer of Winter (nothing quite like enjoying these while bounding through snow covered fields though!) ** Maryland's highest peak is found in Garrett County. Drive to the parking area and set out for a hike to the top of Hoye-Crest, the summit which sits 3,360 feet. Watch the birds flying below you! Take in sights as far as your eyes can see.. ** Whether your pursuits are: biking, hiking, fishing, hunting, swimming, boating, skiing, golfing, forests & parks, horseback riding, tennis, snowshoeing, geocaching, or any other outdoor activity, Garrett County is sure to please. we at Offlake Rentals will do everything we can to help you enjoy these and other activities with great resources in our rental homes and also in our office....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Period Weekly 2-night 3rd night 12/27/2013 - 02/27/2014 $1,085 $675 $120 02/28/2014 - 05/24/2014 $ 977 $535 $104 05/25/2014 - 06/28/2014 $ 989 $574 $108 06/29/2014 - 09/03/2014 $1,247 $699 $144 09/04/4014 - 12/27/2014 $1,058 $565 $116 12/28/2014 - 02/28/2015 $1,085 $675 $120 Rates above include all fees and expenses, other than 12% tax and processing fee.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
About: Our Mission Offlake Rentals offers AFFORDABLE VACATION RENTALS - accommodations comfortable for your family & your budget! We believe that by spending less on where you stay, you can spend more time on your mountain vacation...whitewater rafting, skiing, fishing, hunting, sightseeing, or just spending relaxing time with the family. 'Be our guest once, and you'll be our guest forever!' The Offlake Rentals Team
- Primary: (301) 387-8060 (Maryland, USA)
Great Room 2
King Loft Suite
tot lot winter
Exterior - Winter
Swallow Falls Spring
Exterior - Winter
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Wednesday, March 12, 2014
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.