VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Cedar Heart Cabin is a modern cabin privately located along the shores of the Miramichi River. The Miramichi River is world famous for its salmon fishing - both spring and summer. The name 'Miramichi' means 'quiet running river' and it is a perfect place for water activities such as fishing, swimming, boating, canoeing and kayaking. The cabin has two floors, the main floor and a walk in basement. There are two dedicated sleeping areas - on the main floor, there is a queen bed and downstairs, there is a double futon. There is also a double pull out sofa in the living room. There is a full bathroom upstairs with stand in shower, washer & dryer and a 1/2 bath downstairs. All bedding, towels and linens are provided for you. The kitchen has fridge, stove, coffee maker, kettle, microwave, electric can opener, all dishes, pots, & silverware you would require. There is electric heat throughout the cabin. There is a wood burning stove in the living room area, two rockers and a pull out sofa bed. From the kitchen and living room area, you have a beautiful view of the Miramichi River and can walk out onto a roomy porch on which are rockers, a small table and a barbeque. Just a few feet from the front of the cabin is a screenhouse equipped with patio furniture. A brook runs alongside the screenhouse and provides a nice background sound for relaxing. During the summer months, there is a small floating dock anchored out from the shore on which you can sit and enjoy the quiet of the river. This is also a good area for swimming. For non residents wanting to fish, we can help you obtain a guide (some advance notice required). We have available on site one canoe which you may use for no extra charge (life jackets and paddles also provided) We can provide shuttle service upriver if you would like (small fee for the shuttle service). Other canoes and/or kayaks are available for rent just a few minutes away in the village of Blackville. The village has a grocery store, pharmacy, gas stations and credit union available for your use.
Main bedroom is located on the main floor of the cabin. It has a queen bed. The main floor bathroom is just across the hall. It has a full size closet with hangars provided. Downstairs bedroom has double futon and its own 1/2 bath. All bedding is provided for both bedrooms. There is also a double pull out sofa in the living room....moreless
Bathroom Located on main floor just across the hall from the bedroom is a full bath with stand up shower. Washer & dryer are located in this bathroom. Downstairs bathroom is 1/2 bath. All towels are provided. ...moreless
Rates are based on 2 guests; add C$10 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate 2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
The following restrictions apply to your stay:
- no excessive drinking of alcohol during your stay
- no use of illegal drugs during your stay
- smoking outside allowed in restricted area only
- the cabin is intended to be a place of peace and quiet so we ask that loud noise be kept down particularly after dark.
A 20% deposit is required at the time of reservation which can be paid via online credit card payment or cheque. The remainder of the payment is due upon check in. We have no debit or credit capability at the cabin so payment there must be by cheque or cash (Canadian funds).
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
We are centrally located within the province and are within driving distance of many day trip adventures:
• Whale watching and deep sea fishing – Bay of Chaleur and Bay of Fundy
• Hopewell Cape near Moncton
• Downhill skiing at Crabbe Mountain in Millville and Poley Mountain in Sussex Corner
• Cross country skiing in Miramichi & Blackville
• Snowmobiling trails
• Boat tours of Miramichi and Miramichi Bay
• Parlee Beach
• Kouchibouguac National Park
• Fundy National Park
• Prince Edward Island – we are about 3.5 hours from the island
• Historical parks of Acadia Village & Kings Landing
• Wilderness hiking trails taking you to some seldom visited but beautiful waterfalls and lakes
• Regional festivals
• Bluegrass Festivals in Rogersville and Blackville
• Native Cultural Center – Metepenagiag – 20 kms from Blackville
• City of Moncton for great shopping
• Our capital city of Fredericton
• Ritchie Wharf in Miramichi for local crafts
• Local produce and crafts at weekly farmer’s market in Miramichi
• Swimming and tubing along the Miramichi River
• Bass & trout fishing.
• Salmon fishing on the world famous Miramichi River – local guides are available.
• Tackle shop providing fishing lessons and equipment in Blackville.
• Canoeing and kayaking local rivers – Miramichi, Dungarvon, Bartholomew, Cains, Renous, Norwest & Little Southwest Miramichi (canoe rentals available in Blackville)
• Local walking trails
• Four wheeler trails
• Horseback riding available locally
• Live, local theatre
• Cycling along the river
• Guided bear watching tours.
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: I am retired and my husband is a pastor and manager of a radio station. We love to travel and meet people. We live in the village of Blackville about 3 kms from the cabin's location. We built and decorated the cabin ourselves. When you visit, you will see the quality workmanship and attention to details in the cabin's decor. We have lived in New Brunswick our entire lives so we know the area well and can advise you on anything you will need to know. We have traveled extensively and are aware of the traveler's needs.
Why the Owner Chose Miramichi: This property gave us a get away close to home and we continue to enjoy it ourselves in this way. It gives us access to the river for kayaking and canoeing among other water activities all of which we enjoy ourselves.