Hamptons Rental Beautiful! Private Beach & Canoes
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Southampton house description
A beautiful and private, six-bedroom, four-bath estate surrounded by a walkable 600-acre nature preserve in Southampton, house is located steps to water (300 feet), bike ride along scenic roadway to private bay sunsets and only 4 miles from the world-class ocean beaches of Southampton - 2 miles to Southampton Village Main Street and minutes to Sag Harbor, Shelter Island, Bridge Hampton and the heart of Southampton night-life. Private lake access with canoe on lake, pool, tennis club access, world-class golf and much more! Nature lovers PARADISE with miles of nature trails (with peacocks!). Walk or bike to Scallop Pond! This hidden bay beach is a breathtaking site to behold with eagles nesting - like the Savannah in Africa - sweeping open meadows and pristine wildlife abounds. (Check out URL below for more pictures or call if URL is not displayed.)
AMENITIES and ACTIVITIES:
* Main House: six bedrooms, 4 bath, Pool, Hot tub, Canoe on Lake!
* 2 Living Rooms Each with TV/DVD and Internet Access.
* Pool surrounded by decks with 15 lounge chairs
* Six-person outdoor jacuzzi
* Large sun decks and greenhouse
* Main Living room with cathedral ceiling overlooks decks
* Den with big-screen TV/DVD
* C/A/C washer and dryer
* Two TVs/VCRs/cable, CD sound system.
* Maid service, pool service, house supplies, phone
* Access to private lake/beach
* Tennis club access, reduced pricing.
* Great parking
The area is VERY scenic so you can:
* Hike on nature trails
* Boating, wind surfing
* Island hopping by raft!
* World-class beaches everywhere, pool, and lakefront
* Crystal-clear lake swimming and fishing!
* Antique and car shows
* Rollerblading, running
* Clubs, bars, shopping on Main Street...
Exclusively available by the month or week, shorter term is available with nature guide service.
Special Program for Short-Term: A special nature guide service is offered by the week or weekend. Including tours of various lakes and over 300 acres of protected wild lands, this is an ecological and educational experience not to be missed. Please call for details.
Key: Hamptons Rental
- 3400 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 15, Beds for 15
- Queen size Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Wood Stove
- Air Conditioning
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- Free Long Distance
- Broadband Access
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Private Pool
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Wood Deck
Location & View
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Hunting Small Game
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Outlet Shopping
- Winery Tours
- Autumn Foliage
- Paddle Boating
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Miniature Golf
- Bird Watching
- Canoe on a lake in Southampton to a private beach - yet just minutes from everything the Hamptons has to offer - can you imagine! Adjacent 3 pristine nature reserves totaling close to 600 acres with inlets, islands, and miles of trails to explore, this area is so protected that it will bring you back to a time 100 years ago! See wonderful sunsets from the bay - only 3 minutes from the house! In this special area of cow neck, Southampton abounds with wildlife yet is actually the most convenient location to quickly get to Main St. Southampton Village - under 2 miles. Sag Harbor, Shelter Island, Bridgehampton and East Hampton are all within minutes of the house. Other Activities: walk to beach! Canoe on lake! Hike on 600 acres of nature trails next to property! Golf: THE PERFECT GOLF LOCATION IN ALL THE WORLD FOR GOLF PROFESSIONALS!!! If you play golf and have access to the finest courses there is no better place to be!! LESS THAN 1 mile from 4 PGA TOURNAMENT GOLF COURSES! National Links, Southampton Golf, Sebonac and Shinnecock Golf courses!!!!!! AND THE BEAUTIFUL 9-HOLE PUBLIC COURSES LESS THAN 5 MILES AWAY!!! Poxabogue in Bridge Hampton Sag Harbor Public Golf Course on Route 114...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Our family and friends had a marvelous time here on my birthday weekend after having stayed at one of Ken's other houses in March. Ken arranged a tour of some spectacular hidden wonders close by (lakes, bay and a nature hike) and then we all went wine tasting at 3 local vineyards. A rare treat, we were provided kayaks on the beautiful lake just steps from the house. We found the house perfectly located in serenity yet close to the beautiful Cooper's Beach and village of Southampton where we explored several beaches and enjoyed a night out. Being close to the beaches and town is convenient while the beautiful walk from the house to the lake and bay beach was great exercise and so refreshing. The house itself is lovely, kitchen stocked for cooking and living room with house games for all of us (it rained one day, we had a real bonding experience!). Plenty of bedrooms and space, and nicely decorated with a lot of living and outdoor deck space for a lot of guests. This house is definitely designed for large families, those who enjoy nature with peaceful surroundings (lots of birds) and anyone who wants a rejuvenating getaway in Southampton. I highly recommend it.
- Guest Bev (United States)
- Date of stay 05/03/13
- Review Submitted 09/10/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, adventure seekers, girls getaway, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Our family of 14 spent a week at Ken’s place and I can truly say its perfect for a family vacation.The house is situated in a quiet area and offers privacy. The amenities in the house are many and include a pool, hot tub, two exterior grills and a large deck with seating arrangement for a large family. The location in Southampton is near both pond and ocean beaches (check out Cooper’s Beach, one of the best in the US). The general area of the Hamptons offer many activities both for adults and children. I would recommend Ken’s home. Sincerely, Dr. Martin Becker, Biotech Consultant, Boston Mass.
- Guest Martin (Boston Massachusetts)
- Date of stay 08/23/10
- Review Submitted 09/14/10
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, adventure seekers, girls getaway, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
Great retreat from the city
Great retreat from the city
I spent a weekend here in October and it was very pleasant. It was very picturesque in the fall, with the leaves changing for the Fall, yet I am sure it would have been as beautiful in the summer. I found the house to be very spacious and homely - it did not appear as a typical summer/fall rental, just very comfortable and relaxing. The owner informed me of canoeing to a private beach which was very nice. I think this is a great place for a retreat, yet conveniently located near the shopping centers and main streets. I would higly recmmend this vacation spot.
- Guest Ana, NY (New York City, USA)
- Date of stay 10/10/08
- Review Submitted 11/12/08
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, adventure seekers, girls getaway, families with teenagers, romantic getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Discounts: 3 nights or more: $800 Nightly
May 25 - Sep 5
2 night min stay
Discounts: 4 nights or more: $1400 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
Midweeks Mon-Fri on special at $3,400. Labor Day weekend $5,200 Last 2 weeks in August at $6,500 per week.
Rates explained: Midweeks Mon-Fri on special at $3,400. Full week $6,500. Labor Day weekend $5,200 Last 2 weeks in August at $6,500 per week. No "weekends only" please until after Labor Day. After Labor Day - $4,200 full week, $2,800 weekend only. Fees: $140 post-clean fee included in separate $800 security deposit.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
$800 deposit on day of booking, Balance in most cases within 5 days of booking (or half within 5 days and balance by April 15th if booked before April 1st.) Please note $800 security means we lock you in! It also means we turn others away so if plans change, refunds only after replacement is found. If you book early there is a high chance replacement will be found due to popularity of location.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Macarthur at 30 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Sag Harbor/North Haven at 10 Miles
- Nearest Train: Southampton Station at 2 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: County Road 39 at 2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: beach at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: Managing and owning luxury vacation rental properties specializing in large families, reunions, retreats and tour guide services from 8 to 18 people for over 15 years, all over the world, Southampton, Colorado, Vermont, Ecuador and Costa Rica.
Why the Owner Chose Southampton:
Beautiful, world famous resort area, close to the city yet very private, near beaches, 600 acres of nature reserve to explore, wildlife, nature, nightlife, wine tasting, restaurants and activities.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
peace, pristine ocean, bay and lake Beaches, 600 acres of nature trails, canoeing, lake swimming, pool swimming, large amounts of rare birds - yet seconds to Main St Southampton village.
- Primary: (212) 842-9753 (New York, USA)
- Secondary: + (212) 842-9753
Links to more information:
Canoe or walk to this Private Beach! Canoes included!
Main Living Room Panaroma
Ground floor Deck With Pool, 10 Loungers, Cedar Deck. (2 upper decks not shown)
Main house from side (pool deck touches house, see photo number 6)
Pool, private, parklike setting! Plenty of sun! or swim in crystal-clear lake!
Master Bedroom (Bedroom #6)
One of 4 full baths
Exploring a remote part of the lake on a sunny day!
sunsets at the bay beach just a 5 minute bike ride from the house
World-class Cooper's Beach, a 7-minute drive, door-step to paradise...
1 of 2 Living Rooms New sectional couch set (40' flat screen tv not shown)
Main Living Room in background with part of Dining Room in foreground
Dine outdoors in serene paradise!
View of front entrance hall from living area Steps to 3rd flr master bdrm suite
Kitchen seating up to 6, dining room seating up to 10, outdoor dining up to 16
Dining Room (more seating, outdoor dining set and grill for up to 16 people)
Nearby bay beach - pristine!
Canoe, kyak or walk to this private beach - canoe included!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2004.
Date last modified - Tuesday, October 22, 2013
6 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.