VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
At 3,010 feet in elevation, Lake Toxaway was dubbed the “Switzerland of The Americas” for its crisp mountain air, abundant greenery and natural stream fed lake. During the early 1900s, Lake Toxaway was the home and retreat for such notables as Harvey Firestone, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, George Vanderbuilt and Henry Flagler.
You may never want to explore further than the comfort of your patio’s Adirondack chairs and wood burning chiminea… but if you do, here are a few suggestions:
· Hiking - trails to the Toxaway River and to Schoolhouse Falls brings you in touch with an explanation of why this area of North Carolina is known as The Land of Waterfalls
· Fishing - poles and a fly fishing pole are located in your villa! There are 8 species of fish in 640 acre Lake Toxaway. Rainbow and brown trout, large & small mouth bass, walleye, catfish, shell crackers & blue gill, all game fish. Fishing license can be purchased online at ncwildlife.org.
· Waterfalls – are abundant all around Lake Toxaway. The highest waterfall east of the Rockies is located just 5-miles away. Visitors can enjoy Whitewater Falls by hike or a leisure stroll along its ¼-mile paved walkway to the magnificent upper overlook.
· Golf – there are 4 golf courses to choose from within a 30-minute drive.
· Kayak & Canoe - Headwaters Outfitters offers guided or self-guided kayaking and canoe trips on the French Broad River.
· Explore - Another local attraction known for its stunning scenery is the Blue Ridge Parkway, with 469 miles of National Park roadway.
· Shop - Enjoy the quaint southern charm of local towns, such as Brevard, Cashiers and Highlands.
· Spa - What better way to let the world slip away than with an indulgent spa treatment at The Greystone Inn? Located on Lake Toxaway, just a mile across the lake from your villa.
· Boat Rentals – park a boat at your included backyard dock! Rentals available at Lake Toxaway Marine.
Year Round Apr 24 - Dec 31, 2014 14 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Refundable Sec. Deposit$500
Exit Clean$150 + tax
Please call for rates for a month or even a full season rental on Lake Toxaway!
Rates are subject to change until confirmation is received. Please pay by free e-check online or mail a personal check when you receive the invoice.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.