VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Come to Knob View Retreat and enjoy a relaxing vacation in this beautiful home with views out every window. The home has 3 bedroom suites, each with private ensuite bath and closet, perfect for the extended family or couples who enjoy vacationing together. Two of the suites have their own private covered porch to enjoy the refreshing mountain air and views and those glorious sunsets.
The house is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains at 2900 feet elevation within a small mountain community containing only 7 houses on 70 acres.
Privacy abounds and so does the wildlife (please don't shoot the turkeys that wander through).
Enjoy a relaxing stay on the porch or drive just 12 miles to downtown Asheville and enjoy shopping and restaurants in the 'Paris of the South'. The town of Black Mountain is just 9 miles in the other direction. Spend a day at the Biltmore Estate (13 miles) or go hiking on any of the miles of trails just minutes away. Want to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway? An entrance is just 10 minutes away.
Our house has beds to accommodate 6 adults or combination of adults and children totaling 6 people. With advance notice we can arrange for a crib or pack and play. No more than 6 people.
The last mile of road to the house is a gravel road which climbs 400 feet in elevation. A 4 wheel or all wheel drive vehicle is not necessary but would be helpful. Front wheel drive vehicles with a low gear will get you there. Electric and hybrid vehicles with a CVT transmission or other transmissions without a low gear or other low HP vehicles are not advisable.
Keywords: Asheville, mountain views, Biltmore Estate, sunsets, national forest
King size beds (1) Upstairs master suite has a king bed, chest, and lounge area with TV. Also has a private covered porch with seating and mountain views., Queen size Beds (2) Master suite on main has a queen bed, chest, and chair. Also has a private covered porch with swing and mountain views.
Third suite has a queen bed, chest, and chair with mountain views....moreless
Christmas & New Years Dec 19 - Jan 3, 2015 4 night min stay
$275 Fri, Sat, Sun
Winter Jan 4 - Mar 12, 2015 2 night min stay
$230 Fri, Sat, Sun
Spring Mar 13 - May 21, 2015 3 night min stay
$250 Fri, Sat, Sun
Peak 2015 May 22 - Aug 31, 2015 3 night min stay
$300 Fri, Sat, Sun
Fall Colors Oct 1 - Oct 31, 2015 4 night min stay
$300 Fri, Sat, Sun
My Standard Rate 3 night min stay
$275 Fri, Sat, Sun
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Cleaning Fee$125 + tax
Refundable Damage Deposit$250
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
• 3 miles from Warren Wilson College which has miles of hiking trails through the woods and along the Swannanoa River
• 8 miles from an entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway which is a lovely drive with numerous overlooks that provide breathtaking views and numerous hiking trails through the wilderness, to mountain peaks with 100 mile views, and to waterfalls
• 9 miles to the quaint town of Black Mountain where you can stroll through shops, enjoy a meal at one of the numerous restaurants, have an ice cream treat or indulge in some luscious chocolate
• 12 miles to downtown Asheville, the “Paris of the South”, where you have so many great restaurants to choose from that it is hard to make a choice and hard to make a bad choice, enjoy a day of strolling around the streets exploring the shops, enjoy a live performance at one of the community theaters, take in an Asheville Tourists baseball game, just to mention a few
• 13 miles (1 mile from downtown) to the Biltmore Estate where you can tour Vanderbilt’s summer home built in the 1890's in the style of a French chateau and wander the manicured grounds or visit the winery for a taste of Biltmore wines. I have discount tickets available. Ask me for details.
• 28 miles to Chimney Rock park and 2 miles further to Lake Lure
• About 35 miles to white water rafting
• There are many places in the area to enjoy a bike ride, some more challenging than others regarding changes in altitude along the way.
Year Purchased: 2014
About the owner: This home is owned by Steve and Henrietta Holbrooks. We are native North Carolinians and have always held a deep love and appreciation for the Blue Ridge Mountains. We've hiked many of the area trails and never missed a chance to tour the Blue Ridge Parkway. We've had great times camping there with our children and other families, sharing adventures and making memories. Now, as 'empty nesters', we've taken up kayaking, traveling, and gaining an appreciation of the culture & history of the NC Mountains. We stayed in Knob View for the first time in August 2013 and fell in love with the home immediately. The long range views along with its serenity and tranquility were so unique.
Why the Owner Chose Asheville: Asheville has always been one of our favorite destinations. The area offers something for everyone. There's a vibrant arts culture with artisans and performers that bring the downtown to life after dark. It has beautiful architecture, fabulous shops, restaurants, and a booming craft beer industry. For those who prefer smaller towns, Black Mountain and Weaverville are popular destinations nearby. There's the Biltmore House, Gardens, and Winery which are a must see. Those who enjoy watersports will find a canoe/kayak outfitter just 20 minutes away on the French Broad River. And of course, the natural beauty that surrounds you explains why The Blue Ridge Parkway has been the most visited 'park' in the US every year since 1949.
The Unique Benefits at this House: Knob View Retreat offers the perfect retreat following a day exploring the Asheville area. It's only 15 minutes from downtown but seems 'worlds away'. We enjoy the privacy and quiet, you can hear the birds chirping, the squirrels rustling through the leaves, and the wind blow. At dusk the sunsets over the mountain range are to die for. At night the crickets will sing you to sleep. And of course there are mountain views everywhere you look! Ahhhhh