Beachfront on Grand Traverse Bay Near Elk Rapids
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Elk Rapids cottage description
This is a charming cottage is just steps away from a sand beach on east Grand Traverse Bay. The cottage is good size (2,400 sf) with four bedrooms and three baths. This is a quiet family location but close to many activities in the area.
The second floor master bedroom is huge and has a king size bed, private tiled bath with tub/shower, walk in closet, and a sitting balcony with a perfect view of sunsets over the bay. The sliding door off the master bedroom balcony and large windows on the opposite wall allow a wonderful bay breeze with sounds of the waves lapping at the shore. Truly a waterfront feeling.
There are three other bedrooms on the second floor. Two have breathtaking bay views. Two bedrooms have a queen bed and the other bedroom has two twin beds. There is one bath with a shower across the hall from these bedrooms.
There is a boardwalk with two short sets of stairs leading down to the private beach. The beach is sandy and you can walk for miles or build a sand castle with the kids. The tip of Mission Peninsula is straight out from the beach and provides a beautiful backdrop for sunsets. A public access and launch point is several hundred yards away and is used to launch small boats and jet skis. There is a grassy area by the road that could be used to park a trailer.
The first floor has a kitchen with laundry, a dining and living area combined with a beautiful fireplace made of local rock. Two large sliding doors provide beautiful views and a pleasant bay breeze. In the back a bath with shower with a den across the hall provide convenience and a possible fifth sleeping area. The den has a fold out couch.
The cottage is about a mile from US-31 with all paved access roads. This makes easy access to towns, fruit and vegetable stands, golf courses, and harbors up and down the east shore of Grand Traverse Bay.
Keywords: Elk Rapids, Kewadin, Grand Traverse Bay, Water front cottage, beachfront, quiet, walking beach, golf.
- 2400 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Children Welcome:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Washing Machine:
- This is a wonderful 2,400 sf cottage with 100 feet of Grand Traverse Bay frontage. A short boardwalk and stairs take you from a spacious deck to the sandy beach. You can beach walk for miles. Enjoy perfect sunsets off the tip of Old Mission Peninsula while relaxing on the spacious deck. With water shoes you can enjoy swimming and water sports with a gradual sloping bottom. Great for kayaking, jet ski, fishing, and just about any other bay activity. Jet skis can be rented in Elk Rapids. There is a fire pit on the beach so you can enjoy the bay and Smores well after sunset. ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player:
- Music Library:
- Video Library:
- Mobile Phone:
- Broadband Access:
- Wireless Internet:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Deck / Patio:
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Beach View:
- Water Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Jet Skiing
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Fly Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Scenic Drives
- Our cottage is quiet and secluded but close to many activities and sightseeing. A-Ga-Ming championship golf course is less than five miles away. Shanty Creek golf 25 minutes. Shops and restaurants in the harbor town of Elk Rapids is only ten minutes away. Traverse City and Charlevoix are both less than 30 minutes drive. Of course you can always just sit and enjoy watching yachts go by on beautiful Traverse Bay. Sandy walking beach stretches for miles, fire pit on the beach for evening fires, crystal clear water for swimming or water sports, There are some smooth rocks on the sandy lake bottom, Gently sloping waterfront is great for small children and yet still usable for small boats and jet skis (shallow launch several hundred yards away), The water is shallow for a long way out so large boats would need to anchor 100 yards + from shore, Elk Rapids marina is about 7 miles away. This area is known for cherry orchards as well as apples, peaches and other fruit. In season there are several large fruit stands where you can get fresh fruit, vegetables, and baked goods....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Perfect Place for a Family
Perfect Place for a Family
This place was a dream. The only downside AT ALL was that the cleaning crew delayed our check in by 3 hours! Otherwise, awesome location, well stocked, clean, quiet, great beach/fire pit. Plenty of room for our family of 9. We will be back.
- Guest Michele (United States)
- Date of stay 07/20/13
- Review Submitted 07/30/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, families with young children.
Our First StayGuest comment entered by owner
Our First Stay
This was our first real vacation week at our new cottage! We had wonderful weather and loved walking the beach, swimming, and watching the beautiful sunsets. We picked perfectly ripe cherries at the U-pick orchard a few miles away. Very restful week.
- Guest Steve
- Date of stay 07/15/11
- Review Submitted 03/13/12
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
May 4 - Jun 14
3 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $235 Nightly
Jun 15 - Aug 24
7 night min stay
Discounts: 15 nights or more: $290 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
Pre-approved pets are OK. No additional charge (VRBO mandates a charge if checked Pets "yes").
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $69
- Cleaning: $245
- Tax Rate 6%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Traverse City (TVC) at 25 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: US 31 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Front door at Elk Rapids
- Nearest Barpub: Elk Rapids at 7 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Shanty Creek at 15 Miles
- Nearest Golf: A-Ga-Ming at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Elk Rapids at 7 Miles
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: Dot and I are from Michigan, live in the Denver area, and hope to spend a lot of our retirement time at this cottage in a few years. Until then we will be updating the cottage and sharing it with others!
Why the Owner Chose Elk Rapids:
We love the Grand Traverse Bay and found that the Elk Rapids area just felt right to us. The scenic beauty is unsurpassed. There are lots of things to do in a 30 mile radius. More than you could do in a week. And of course everyone is friendly because you are 'up north'.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
This is the perfect location for taking long walks on the beach, grilling on the deck while watching the sunset, swimming, boating, or just relaxing with a good book. Restaurants and shops are as close as Elk Rapids 10 minutes away. Even more activities are available within a half hour in Traverse City, Charlevoix, or one of the many world class golf courses. Elk Rapids is a fun town that is just big enough. The annual Harbor Days has activities for everyone for a whole week. There is a large marina right in town where you can hire a boat to take you salmon fishing on the bay.
- Primary: + 303-641-9630
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Deck w/ picnic table looking out over Traverse Bay
Deck toward lake
Living Room, Deck and lake to right
Master bedroom, looking toward bath
Master Bath with tub/ shower.
View from bedroom window
Bedroom #4 with queen bed, nightstand and dresser. Forest view.
Deck runs length of cottage and has beautiful bay view. Picnic table with view.
Street view. Two car attached garage to right.
Sandy beach looking north.
Kitchen w/ laundry
Living Room, looking toward sliding door and bay
Master Bedroom/ King bed
Master Bedroom, looking past balcony to bay view.
Bedroom #2, Queen bed
Bedroom #3, Two twin beds.
Bath #2 w/ shower, second floor. Between bedrooms #2,3, and 4
Downstairs bath #3 w/ shower
Sunset from beach, looking toward Suttons Bay
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!