Unique Peaceful Oceanfront Home-Available April, $6000.00
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:30 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Waimanalo Beach house description
Welcome to Waimanalo, a wonderful small town on the Windward coast on the island of O'ahu, 30 minutes from Waikiki. We still have farms here, country stores, and pristine un-crowded beaches.
Our unique beachfront home lovingly built in Southeast Asian style has an expansive deck perfect to relax, look out over the ocean and take in fresh Hawaii air.
Just 20 steps to one of the most beautiful beaches in the islands, with small offshore islands and views of the mountains, paragliders and lighthouse. Its soft, sandy beach is perfect for walking, swimming, kayaking, paddling, and bodysurfing. Lie in the sun or find a bit of shade to sleep the day away.
When you're not at the beach it's the perfect home for writing your novel, swinging in the hammock, reading or napping. The home has an open floor plan built to take advantage of the beautiful turquoise ocean and Koolau mountain views from all rooms in the house.
Here, you can truly be away from it all.
3 Bedrooms insure privacy for all, a fully stocked kitchen, washer and dryer and 2 full baths make it comfortable and convenient for the whole family. The Master Bedroom has access to the deck and hammock and is equipped with large, flat screen TV. The 2 smaller bedrooms can open up completely to main room, and can accomodate up to 2 people in each room.
Everything you need is within walking distance: small markets, cafes, plate lunch, or shave-ice.
Anything else you may want is 15 minutes away in the quaint beach town of Kailua, or the larger town of Hawaii Kai,
with theaters, restaurants, and shopping.
Keywords: relaxing, swimming, fun, lanais, views, beachfront, ocean, mountain, sunrise, writting, quiet, walks, furnished, unique, rural, convenient
- 1000 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Cooking Utensils
- Towels Provided:
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Living Room seats 6
- Everything you need is within walking distance, small markets, cafes and plate lunch. Bicycles can be rented from nearby Kailua, as well as stand-up paddle boards or Kayaks. The manager also lives in the neighborhood and is full of information to make your trip unforgettable. You'll want to come back again and again......moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Broadband Access
- Deck / Patio:
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Ocean View:
- Beach View:
- Mountain View:
- Equestrian Events
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Mountain Biking
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Miniature Golf
- Botanical Garden
- Whale Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Our home is located in a quiet residential neighborhood in historic Waimanalo. It is small town living on the Eastern or Windward shore of O'ahu, set between the larger suburban beach town of Kailua and larger urban area of Hawaii Kai. Waimanalo's neighborhoods are filled with local folks that still fish, farm, and practice Hawaiian traditions. Fronting our neighborhood are small 'Mom and Pop' stores and resturants like Bobby's, Keoki's Steak and Shrimp Shack, Mel's Market, Sweet Home Waimanalo Bar-B-Que, and Waimanalo Beach Cafe. Further down the road in 'Waimanalo Town', you'll find Shima's small Super Market, Dave's homemade ice cream, and East Oahu clothing company. We even have a few fast food joints and a Farmer's Market every Thursday morning at Waimanalo Beach park. Waimanalo is known for it's farm and horse country in the 'back roads', and you can catch a Polo match every Sunday during Polo season, or book a horsebackriding lesson with a local ranch. We have spectacular hikes from the Makapuu Light house with views from Kaneohe to Diamond Head, down to the Dragon's Nostrils blow holes and tidal pools, Kamehame Ridge, or you can explore the ancient Fish Ponds in front of Shriner's. Maunawili Falls and Likelike Falls are just a few minutes drive, as well as the Old Pali Road. Famous Makapuu Beach is also minutes away and right across from Sea Life Park where kids can feed turtles and see Hawaiian Monk Seals up close. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
The photos speak for themselves - awesome views, secluded beach just a few steps away, private and peaceful. I have traveled to many beaches around the world and this ranks as number one. Pure white sand, crystal clean waters, and empty beaches! If you want to leave the noise and crowds on Waikiki, come to Waimanalo. The home is perfect for a family of 4 or plenty big for one or two couples. Master bedroom is a good size and both the den and side room can be closed off with sliding pocket doors. The home is well maintained, clean, and homey with lots of little extras like toiletries, kitchen staples, books, even art supplies and games! You need only to bring only a swim suit and food, maybe a bottle of wine. Rare bonus feature - a huge fenced in backyard, perfect for kids. This very unusual home is built on stilts: pros - fabulous ocean breezes, con - not wheel chair accessible. The management was very helpful and available to answer all my questions. I found I enjoyed walking on the beach as well as through town but if you like to shop or party, it is a short drive to Kailua. I have vacationed in Hawaii 3 other times and have stayed in two other VRBO homes and one hotel. This is my number one place to stay and look forward to being able to relax here again.
- Guest karte (Des Moines, Iowa)
- Date of stay 10/18/13
- Review Submitted 10/31/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, age 55+.
This house is so special, we fell in love with it! Living here is like living in a treehouse with absolutely amazing views from every room. It's small, simple and elegant, and beautifully kept. The big window in the living room is like a living painting. We watched turtles swimming by as we ate breakfast!!! My girls each had their own small room which opened up to the main living area. The master bedroom wasgreat with ocean breezes all night long. And most important-the beach is awesome!!!! And empty!!! We had some big wave days which we loved, and some calm days as well, which we also loved. And the cute little town of Kailua was close and so easy to navigate, with great restaurants, great grocery stores and boutique shopping. Really, a perfect, relaxing, fun get away for my husband, myself, and our two daughters. We're definitely coming back this year! :)
- Guest Holly (Arlington, VA)
- Date of stay 10/01/12
- Review Submitted 09/11/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, tourists without a car, sightseeing, age 55+.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 1 - Dec 15, 2013
30 night min stay
Dec 17 - Mar 12, 2014
30 night min stay
Mar 14 - Apr 30, 2014
30 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
30 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
1) 30 day minimum rental
2) October - December 14 $6,000 per month, $200/night.
3) December 15 - March 31 $8,000 per month, $266.67/night.
4) Includes cleaning service.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Tax Rate 4%
Policy available by contacting manager when booking.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Honolulu International at 20 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Pali Highway at 8 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Waimanalo, Bellows, Kai Ona at Waimanalo Beach
- Nearest Golf: Olomana Golf Course at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Serg's Mexican at 1 Miles
About: This house is owned by retired professors who live in NY and Waimanalo. They built this beachfront house in this wonderful rural beachfront area of Oahu that's only a 15 minute drive to urban areas of Kailua and Hawaii Kai. The manager is a neighborhood resident and has extensive knowledge of the area.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Spectacular Beach. Fantastic Location. Quiet, rural area yet only 15 minute drive to Kailua or along beautiful Kaiwi Coast to Hawaii Kai towns for restaurants, shops, movies, mall. Downtown Honolulu only 30 minute drive or go north along the beautiful Windward Coast to the North Shore. The Beach House sits on a large residential fenced property with gate and a residential cottage. A giant Kamani Tree takes center stage and palm trees and native plants surround the property. This neighborhood has always been a secret little jewel tucked behind ironwood trees that line the beach, with many homes passed down from one generation to the next.
- Primary: + 808-381-6243
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
As good as it gets
Recently remodeled kitchen with mountain views
Single bed can be made into two
Huge picture window provides spectacular view
Viewing Manana Island (Rabbit Island) offshore
Perfect way to enjoy the afternoon
Steps away and dive in!
Open layout perfect for hangin' out
Den has full size futon bed.
Need I say more?
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Thursday, October 17, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Tell us your travel details and get an instant price quote from Page Chang