A Frame Cabin in Clouds Mount Nebo State Park Family Fun
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Mt Nebo State Park cabin description
'The A-Frame Cabin ' is a country cabin with fishing motif, one of a few private homes in Mount Nebo State Park located on Kentucky road across the street from the rim trail. Our country cabin is great family fun with a fire pit, fully equipped, bungalo, cabin in woods with wildlife viewing. We have new paint, and deep cleaned upstairs and down, living room painted, detail the kitchen with new shelf paper. Our 1100-square-foot, A-frame style cabin has one bedroom with a king on the ground floor, a queen, a double-size and twin bed in the loft, and futon couch in the living room. Weekly discounts for only $100 per night.
Relax on the deck with a drink and watch the deer in the grassy feeding area planted by the park service in the front area. Evening enjoy glowing embers in the fire pit as your family roast marsh mellows on a stick. Only two blocks from the pavllion.
With sleeping capacity for 8 people, it is an affordable family lodging priced below the rates for the State Park Cabins nearby and in a great location near the Rim Trail offering beautiful sunsets.
The park is 1500 feet above the Arkansas River Valley and is a great escape in the summer as temperatures average from five to 15 degrees cooler than the valley floor below. Mount Nebo used to be known in the late 1800s as the resort above the clouds. In 1928 it became Arkansas' second state park. We have an outdoor campfire pit and a 400 sq.foot deck.
Mt Nebo Park has many attractions which include a swimming pool with water slide and life guard from Memorial Day to Labor Day, 14 miles of hiking trails, tennis and basketball courts, baseball fields, mountain biking, hang gliding launch sites, horseshoe pits, and several playgrounds. Or if you just want to have a quiet or romantic getaway and an ideal environment to relax, 'The Cabin in The Clouds' is the perfect place for adventure. December 2011 freshly painted the Cabin in the Clouds living room we look forward to your requested date.
To book this cabin by credit card you book on line from our home site at artsummitnebo and to see more information from this site click on the word Cabin in the top link bar on the home page. This cabin is pet friendly just raise the blinds alittle so they are not torn and please don't leave them alone in the cabin, please bring their pet bed. No extra deposit required. See a video at youtube copy and paste ( Mt Nebo Cabin in the clouds )
There is a walmart at the bottom of the hill that you can visit any time for your food to cook in awesome stainless steel cookware. The deer are roaming everywhere to enjoy watching them, there is no hunting allowed. We would see and hear them in the woods on our walks. Take a hiking trail one day....just the easy one..that is kinda cool too. If it gets a little dark just walk up onto the road which is very near the trails for part of your walk back to the cabin. Have a great time on the deck and would definitely recommend the cabin to anyone. Who knows, maybe next winter you will get the itch to get the bikes out and return to the cabin.
Many little amenities make it so cozy and relaxing, and perfect for a family vacation. A great assortment of books, and blankets for chilly evenings. The history of Mt. Nebo is over a hundred years old and enjoy reading about it and see the remains of the old hotels. The hiking is the best. The kids have a blast playing baseball at the play grounds! It is great to have all the toys and games to play with. Very fun! The cabin is beautiful. You can check in late to find the light on and the cabin clean and quaintly decorated with little personal touches all over of hand made pottery and wateercolor paintings. The photos don't do this beautiful little corner of the mountain it's due. From the coffee, to the grill, to the bedding, to the horse shoes, to the thick and luxurious towels, everything was above your expectations. We love Mt. Nebo for it's beauty and go up there at least a couple of times a month and
this house is more spacious than you expect and there is plenty of room for a group of 7 adults to gather round the table for a meal with the extra picnic table out on the large deck. It is a very spacious and accommodating kitchen, more than enough cabinet space and stocked with the essential appliances and utensils. Fireplace, charcoal and gas grill, and fire pit...
You sleep better when the air is cleaner and absolutely fundamental to the experience . Walk the trail around the Sunset/Sunrise Points loop to see wonderful views and splended rock formations.
The cabin is well-supplied with everything one could need from cooking utensils to handsoap and suitable for young children with the large deck and flate yard with no drop off.
You walk in to an extremely homey kitchen, fully stocked with pots/pans/glasses/and dishes. The bedrooms are quaint and welcoming with comfortable beds. The living room has plenty of seating and around every corner is something you weren't expecting. There is a television with Direct TV to turn it on for your viewing pleasure. There are so many things to do there that you never should stay indoors for too long.
Keywords: Fish cabin motif, country cabin, family gathering, fire pit, fully equipped, bungalo, cabin in woods, wildlife viewing, new paint, deep cleaned upstairs and down, living room painted, kitchen with new shelf paper.
- 1100 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered:
- Wheelchair Accessible:
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Parking Off Street:
- Towels Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided:
- Video Library:
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Wood Deck
- Porch / Veranda
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Rock Climbing
- Basketball Court
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Roller Blading
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Freshwater Fishing
- Autumn Foliage
- Recreation Center
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Great hiking trails with historical markers. There is a walmart at the bottom of the hill that you can visit any time for your food to cook in awesome stainless steel cookware. The deer are roaming everywhere to enjoy watching them, there is no hunting allowed. We would see and hear them in the woods on our walks. Take a hiking trail one day....just the easy one..that is kinda cool too. If it gets a little dark just walk up onto the road which is very near the trails for part of your walk back to the cabin. Have a great time on the deck and please recommend the cabin to anyone that gets the itch to get on the bikes and return to the cabin. Many little amenities make it so cozy and relaxing, and perfect for a family vacation. A great assortment of books, and blankets for chilly evenings. The history of Mt. Nebo is over a hundred years old and enjoy reading about it and see the remains of the three old hotels. The hiking is the best. The kids have a blast playing baseball at the play grounds! It is great to have all the toys and games to play with. Very fun! The cabin is beautiful. You can check in late to find the light on and the cabin clean and quaintly decorated with little personal touches all over of hand made pottery and watercolor paintings. The photos don't do this beautiful little corner of the mountain it's due. From the coffee, to the grill, to the bedding, to the horse shoes in the yard, everything is above your expectations. We love Mt. Nebo for it's beauty and go up there at least a couple of times a month and this house is more spacious than you expect and there is plenty of room for a group of 7 adults to gather round the table for a meal with the extra picnic table out on the large deck. It is a very spacious and accommodating kitchen, more than enough cabinet space and stocked with the essential appliances and utensils. Fireplace, charcoal and gas grill, and fire pit... You sleep better when the air is cleaner and absolutely fundamental to the experience . Walk the trail around the Sunset/Sunrise Points loop to see wonderful views and splended rock formations. The cabin is well-supplied with everything one could need from cooking utensils to handsoap and suitable for young children with the large deck and flate yard with no drop off. You walk in to an extremely homey kitchen, fully stocked with pots/pans/glasses/and dishes. The bedrooms are quaint and welcoming with comfortable beds. The living room has plenty of seating and around every corner is something you weren't expecting. There is a television with Direct TV to turn it on for your viewing pleasure. There are so many things to do there that you never should stay indoors for too long. Our cabin is located in the Mount Nebo State Park in other words private property is surrounded by the park. This was a resort town in the early 1900s and when the depression hit some people could not pay their taxes and lost the property to the state. There fore this is the second state park built in Arkansas. We have a good time when we visit and are very grateful to be here in this very peaceful, tranquile location and protected area. John Daly's home course is the base of this mountain in Dardanelle. There are several other golf courses nearby. Hang Gliding from Mt. Nebo is a wonderful experience, with a group of thrill seekers flying on weekends. 14 miles of scenic hiking trails on the mountain rim, bench four miles long with others to springs trails maintained by the Arkansas State Park. December 2011 I had this cabin deep cleaned upstairs and down, living room painted, detailed the kitchen with new shelf paper. I will continue to rent this cabin and take care of it to the best of my ability. Be sure to bring corn for the deer that congragate to play daily in the front yard. Geo Cache is a very popular treasure hunt on the trails while you walk in this beautiful state park and you can fine eleven boxes hidden just off the stone path ways. Be sure to sign up when you are at home at your computor and then print out the GPS locations to use your GPS locator to find them....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Perfect family cabin! Wildlife at your door!
Perfect family cabin! Wildlife at your door!
We spent the weekend with our children and granddaughters (2,4 & 5). Beds for everyone. Well equipped kitchen. Sitting on the deck drinking coffee, we counted 41 deer! A huge raccoon on our deck! We loved the nice fire ring and seating for nighttime s'mores! Right off the deck was a beautiful blooming Rose of Sharon. Mt Nebo is an Arkansas treasure - hiking, biking, pool, 3 playgrounds, kites, tennis and watching the hang gliders take off from Sunrise Point. We can't wait to head back up the mountain!
- Guest Gay L. (Bauxite, AR)
- Date of stay 08/16/13
- Review Submitted 08/18/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, pet owners, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
We enjoyed our stay at the cabin - it has everything you need to sit back and take it easy and get back to nature. We took a short walk to the rim to check out the incredible views offered in Mt Nebo State Park. We also took in scenery from Sunrise Point, Sunset Point and the overlook area. A short drive to the visitor's center prompted my hubby to buy me some earrings. He got the cap/tshirt combo. We invited some family members to hang out on the deck with us and view the local wildlife one evening. I have seen deer at Nebo before, but right in the back yard we saw a first for us - a tiny baby deer, nursing on his mama.
- Guest dale&sheryl (Northwest Arkansas)
- Date of stay 05/30/13
- Review Submitted 06/04/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+.
Relaxing family get away!
Relaxing family get away!
The cabin was very comfortable for our family of 7 - including 2 young grandchildren! We enjoyed the fire pit in front of the cabin - and the many deer that came to "visit" several times a day. Our 5 days went by much too quickly! We hope to come back for another long weekend very soon!
- Guest Woodrow (Norman, Oklahoma)
- Date of stay 10/10/12
- Review Submitted 10/15/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, age 55+.
The cabin needs a good cleaning, there was hair in the tub drain, and no toilet paper in the bathroom. The upstairs railing is dangerous, rickety. The upstairs AC didn't work. The kids were very uncomfortable one night, and ended up sleeping at the other cabin the rest of the time. We found mice in the trash more than once!
- Guest nana (Gilbert, AZ)
- Date of stay 06/13/12
- Review Submitted 07/02/12
Owner response: Thank you for your comments so we can respond to the needs of our guests. Following receiving this review on 7/2/12, we bought a new air conditioner for the upstairs on 7/3/12 as the downstairs AC was working fine. We put out disposable mouse traps. Our website instructs our guests to bring their own paper products so we're sorry this was overlooked. The railing is secure and safe and not meant to be climbed on. We require our guests to call us for the keycode access # and to calll us with any questions/needs during their visit. We did not receive a call concerning these issues while this guest was staying here. Thank you again for helping us to improve our cabin and making it more comfortable as many favorable reviews have been posted,
The new paint is awesome, this cabin is clearly cared for and the relaxing atmosphere is comforting. The views at both sunrise and sunset points are not to be missed. We look forward to our next visit.
- Guest Chari (Hot Springs)
- Date of stay 12/15/11
- Review Submitted 12/25/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
Absolutely staying again!!!
Absolutely staying again!!!
Well first of all it is a beautiful, welcoming, clean and homey place. We all needed the rest and relaxation. When you look out at night you feel you can almost touch the beautiful stars. The sunrises are gorgeous.The cabin is very kid-friendly and evan (our son) enjoyed playing both inside and outside until bedtime. It was so quiet and peaceful, such a nice change from living in a busy town! One morning when we awoke we enjoyed watching the deer and taking photos of them. We saw at least 15. This is a perfect place to withdraw from society and re-center and enjoying the blessings of God's creation!...We saw a couple of barges go down the river off one of the look out points and a rain cloud came in around the mountain and that was interesting to see. and you will see the TOPS of the birds as they fly by. I would love to see a rain or snow storm from here! One morning we woke up the fog was at the base of the mountain (hence the name cabin in the clouds) but the fog slowly began to rise out of the valley it was a real surreal experience. The state park was great in that it had long hiking trips but also several hikes you can explore just outside the cabin. It also had overlooks that you drive right up too.The description and pictures were accurate and reflected the appearance. Actually the pictures did not do it justice. It was well maintained and clean. Oh, yes...one other thing...romantic getaway??? This is definitely the place. The pictures really do not do it justice nor capture the "personality" of the cabin....it is adorable and decorated like a cabin should....I can't begin to sing the praises of this place highly enough....you must visit it yourself to understand the peace and tranquility that exists here.We will be returning and highly recommend this rental.
- Guest tshamrock (Ar)
- Date of stay 12/16/11
- Review Submitted 12/19/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+, adventure seekers.
Owner response: I am glad you came to our cabin on Mount Nebo and enjoyed the best part of it. Please return to see more with each season change.
So Very Disappointed in This Cabin!
So Very Disappointed in This Cabin!
First impressions last a lifetime! Never in my lifetime will I stay at this cabin again!! Upon arrival we were disappointed at the sight that greeted us! An old pile of lumber in front yard, 4 trash bags next to dumpster, an old hot tub by front entrance ramp, falling apart-not useable, and the grills to cook on were filthy and unuseable, and that was only the outside!! The inside was in total need of a thorough cleaning and walls in dire need of painting! Broken tiles from bedroom to bathroom, with a dirty rug covering it, shower doors off track. The dust on things above the cabinets was disgusting! The mini blinds covered in dust also. When I called the owner to let her know how diappointed we were in the shape of her cabin, she acted shock to hear this; but according to reviews submitted this yr. in June she knew all this and did not to fix the noted problems. She sent a cleaning lady over and as I told owner, it is not something that can be fixed while cabin is occupied or can be fixed in one day. She had 5 months to fix noted problems from last review submited. We asked for a refund for the last two nights, which she gave, we got another cabin on Mt. Nebo and was able to enjoy our last few days of our Thanksgiving trip.
- Guest Alva and Lavell (Gonzales, La.)
- Date of stay 11/20/11
- Review Submitted 11/28/11
Owner response: We welcome all comments and suggestions to assist us in making our cabin better for our guests. When our guest called us after her arrival with her comments, we immediately sent our cleaning crew to the cabin to address her concerns. As the guest stated in her review, she would not grant them access to address her concerns. When we received this review, we took off time from our jobs and addressed the comment issues. We did a deep-cleaning on the cabin interior, painted the walls, replaced miniblinds and steam cleaned curtains. New photos were posted on our listing today. Outside: We cut and stacked the wood into 2' lengths that was called a lumber pile. The 4 trash bags were not trash but bags of autumn leaves and were disposed of. The grill was thouroughly cleaned. The hottub is being removed from the property. There are no broken tiles at bedroom/bathroom doorway. The porcelain tile in the bedroom changes to linoleum in the bathroom. The shower doors were not off track when we arrived. Again we welcome all comments and suggestions to assist us in making our cabin better for our guests.
Great "Quiet" Cabin in the Clouds
Great "Quiet" Cabin in the Clouds
We enjoyed our stay in your cabin. Yes it could use some minor repairs but overall it was clean and tidy. Never knew the ringing in my ears was so loud till we stayed here. It may be louder on the weekends (which I doubt) but during the week it was real peaceful. The deer visited most mornings and evenings and peaceful walks around the park revealed many more. Can't think of a better place to get away from it all.... but a short windy trip down the mountain and there's plenty to do. The foilage had not really started turning yet but we enjoyed the color "green" as compared to the "brown and burnt" we left in Texas. Hope to get back soon......
- Guest Texas Traveler (Longview, Texas)
- Date of stay 10/16/11
- Review Submitted 11/03/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, pet owners, romantic getaway, age 55+.
My wife and I with my 3 little dogs had a wonderful stay at Cabin in Clouds on Mt. Nebo. Cabin is very nice and the best thing is the peace and quiet! Took drives to sample local wines nearby and visited Mt. Magazine and Petit Jean as well........then back to cabin to grill steaks and have a glass of wine! Fed deer from deck everyday. Also since cabin sits atop Mt. Nebo at about 1300 feet, temps dropped 9 to 14 degrees from town below on drive up.......sure made the evenings nice especially at sunset point! We can't wait to find the time to return..........Owner Cindy very nice and her paintings adorn the cabin!
- Guest David (Lafayette, LA)
- Date of stay 07/17/11
- Review Submitted 07/27/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, pet owners, romantic getaway, age 55+.
We were very disappointed in this cabin and left a day early. The cabin needed painting inside and out and also needed a thorough cleaning. There were missing floor tiles leading into the bathroom. A pile of old lumber in the front yard of the cabin and a hot tub that is in disrepair was not an inviting sight. The nicest thing about the cabin was the bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked great.
- Guest James (Grapevine Tx)
- Date of stay 06/26/11
- Review Submitted 07/23/11
Owner response: The cabin has under gone renovations ever since we bought it. The walls are painted in warm colors, the tiles are complete, the space is well kept and no hot tub any where. Come back and see how nice this property is now.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
One night rate will hold rental when you book on line30 days in advanced from our web site artsummitnebo.com and click on the blue button, enter your dates and continue. Please use Visa or Mastercard when booking on line, we can not take AmericanExpress.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
$30 cleaning fee and taxes of 12% for state and tourist tax
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Little Rock at 85 Miles
- Nearest Train: Russellville at 12 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 155 W at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Arkansas River at 8 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Delaware at 8 Miles
- Nearest Golf: John Daly Lions Den Dardanelle at 6 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Dardanelle at 7 Miles
Year Purchased: 2003
About the owner: Mount Nebo has always been a very special place for us since we meet on Mount Nebo on a church outting. The cabin is our second rental property and we have made some lasting memories here with family and friends gathering at the fire pit, watching the wild life such as deer, birds and squirls and I love to walk the eight trails. The state of Arkansas advertised from sunset point for many years.
Why the Owner Chose Mt Nebo State Park:
This country cabin is by the deer feeding area in the Mount Nebo State Park with fresh cooler air than the valley, a great place to come and relax. Located across the street from the rim trail that goes around the mountain. So many beautiful trails and places to visit. I have made this a pet friendly place for our friends.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
We are pet friendly with a warm and cozy fire place, a fully equipped kitchen, we have a horse shoe pit, fire pit for an evening glow, picnic table on a large deck and to view with visiting deer. Peace abounds since it is off the beaten path on Kentucky Rd in the state park.
- Primary: + 479 747 1200
- Secondary: + 479 264 7808 (Arkansas, USA)
- Tertiary: 5013529382
Links to more information:
Deer are feeding on the grass in the front of our cabin daily so feed them corn.
Flate screen TV with Direct TV satelite
New Daybed twin size matress in livingroom, table and chairs by kitchen.
Queen size bed in loft to right with balcony and glidder swing.
Bathroom with sink, toilet and shower tub
Welcoming large deck with picnic table for four at the front door.
Walk to rim to view sunset over Spring Mountain.
Tipical rock formations of the rim trail with mountain views.
The map marks red on Kentucky Rd for location and find the trails
Play horse shoes, (we leave a set on the deck) photo in park or by the house.
Fire place, rocker,big chair with ottoman, flat TV, art work
Kitchen, and table
Master bedroom with king and curtains.
Full and twin beds in loft to left with air conditioner
Cabin from the road with gravel parking area, fire pit and benches, green bin.
Enjoy a short walk on the Rim trail to view the valley views below Mt Nebo.
Deer graze at the cabin, so bring corn to attact them more often.
Waterslide pool at the pavilian recreation area small fee open summer.
Typical stone stair case steps built by CCC in 1940 six trails to six springs
Waterfall on the gum springs trail
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2004.
Date last modified - Sunday, November 24, 2013