Charming Qualicum Beach Home - Large, Private Sunny Deck, 2 Blks to Town
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Qualicum Beach house description
Let our light and airy 2-bedroom rancher be your Home Away from Home! This is not a basement suite. You will have the entire home and private yard to call your own! You will enjoy the huge master bedroom with ensuite Jacuzzi tub, and relax on the large, sunny backyard deck. Or perhaps you would like to lounge on the hammock in a shady spot and enjoy the garden flowers after a day on the beach or playing golf.
Settle in and enjoy life as a local in the picturesque village of Qualicum Beach. The village centre shops and library are within an easy 2 1/2 block walking distance. During July and August 2011 there will be a free shuttle bus service between Qualicum Beach town centre and the beach front. You will also be centrally located for easy day trips to explore other Vancouver Island destinations.
Your Qualicum Beach home is centrally located!: Enjoy local sites, or venture out to explore beautiful Vancouver Island. Your Qualicum Beach home is centrally located for day trips!
Within 10 minutes drive:
- Coombs Market – boutiques, bakery, restaurant and the famous Goats on the Roof!
- Parksville Beach (Sandcastle Competition, beach volleyball tournaments).
- Little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park.
- Qualicum Cheeseworks.
Within 20 minutes:
- Englishman River Provincial Park.
- Rathtrevor Beach and Park.
- Cathedral Grove – old growth forest.
- Horn Lake Caves.
A short drive..: 30 minutes to:
- Nanaimo – shopping malls, restaurants, cinemas,
- Nanaimo Waterfront Park – enjoy spectacular views, fish and chips on the wharf. Take a ferry to nearby Protection Island for lunch at the pub, or to Newcastle Island Park for a day of picnicking and hiking and beautiful vistas.
- Port Alberni – walk on the pier, visit McLean historic mill; take a day trip on the ferry to Bamfield.
- Ferry to Denman and Hornby Islands. Hornby is famous for exquisite Tribune Bay Beach and numerous hiking trails. Explore Helliwell Park or climb Mount Jeffrey for excellent cliff side views.
- Enjoy the murals, shops, restaurants and live theatre in Chemainus – the Little Town that Could!
- Visit 5th St. in downtown Courtenay, Filberg Gardens, or enjoy the beach or wharf.
A little further down the road..: 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Visit historic downtown Ladysmith. Browse the shops. Then visit the lovely beach. If you have children, they will enjoy the excellent playground at the beach!- In Comox, visit Filberg Gardens, or enjoy the beach or wharf in Comox. Take in the mountain views.
- Continue on to Mt. Washington. Ski in winter. Great and scenic walks in summer! Paradise Meadows is wheel-chair and senior friendly – and breathtakingly beautiful!
1 ½ to 2 hours drive:
- Pacific Rim Park and miles of wind-swept beach at Long Beach.
- Wild Pacific Trail is a new and spectacular seaside trail from the lighthouse in Ucluelet.
- Whale watching tours in Tofino.
- Drive south to Victoria, Vancouver Island’s biggest city and BC’s capital. It is a very pretty and lively city. Visit bookstores, shops, restaurants, the Royal BC Museum and IMAX Theatre, Butchart Gardens and Beacon Hill Park.
- Wine tasting.
- 1300 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Within 5 minutes walking: - Stroll to the quaint village and browse in unique shops. - Enjoy a delicious meal in one of the many local restaurants. - Visit the Old School House gallery and view local artists at work in their studios. - Board a train south to Victoria, or north to Courtenay. - Attend nightly live local theatre during July and August, and at various times throughout the year. - Shop at the farmer’s market each Saturday for fresh produce, fish, poultry, cheeses and crafts. Within 5 minutes driving: - Enjoy the most beautiful beach on Vancouver Island – walk for miles on the sand at low tide! - Swim or wade in the warm water as the tide covers the sun-drenched sand. - Order Fish & Chips or ice cream cones at the seaside outdoor restaurant. - Rent a kayak for a sunset cruise. - Visit the beautiful Milner Gardens. Enjoy tea in the heritage mansion, and wander through acres of gardens and forest. - Play golf at one of 5 local courses. - Hike in the forest....moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Adults
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- Away From It All
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
- Water Parks
- Rain Forests
- Not Necessary
- Horseback Riding
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
local services and businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Near The Ocean
sports and adventure activities
- Mountain Biking
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Dining Area
forms of payment
- Accept Credit Card
- Paper Towels
- Iron & Board
- Activities Guide
- Wireless Internet
- Laundry Soap
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Basic Soaps
- Alarm Clock
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Local Activities Guide
- Towels Provided
- Toilet Paper
- Parking Off Street
- Hair Dryer
- Local Maps
- Washing Machine
- Pantry Items
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Beach Chairs
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Wood Deck
Pool / Spa
ReviewsWrite a review
What a great place to stay! The hosts were helpful in our planning with many recommendations of places to see and things to do. It was a great base to travel anywhere on the island! It was about 2 hours to Victoria (Butchart Gardens were breathtaking!). Two hours to the west coast where we went whale watching with Jamie's Whale watching tours. We didn't see any whales the first trip out, they gave us a voucher to go again and we saw a gray whale. It was thrilling to see a whale but even if we hadn't, the trip was beautiful and the tour guides friendly and knowledgable. There were great beaches to go shell hunting and tide pool viewing within 10 minutes, one beach we went to had THOUSANDS of sand dollars! The house was clean, had wonderful plush towels, beautiful wood floors, and a gas fireplace that really took off the chill on the damp days. The kitchen was more than adequate, with all the necessary utensils, pans, etc. Even a full spice rack! We especially loved the back yard, it had a great deck with a grill and tables and chairs, but the best part was that it felt so private with beautiful plants and flowers all around. We just got home and I'm ready to go back! Thank you Linda and Allison!
- Guest Becky A.
- Date of stay 06/03/12
- Review Submitted 06/16/12
CHARMING HOME IN A GREAT NEIGHBORHOOD
CHARMING HOME IN A GREAT NEIGHBORHOOD
WE COULD NOT HAVE HAD A MORE GRACIOUS AND THOUGHTFUL OWNERS. THE HOME WAS SPOTLESS AND SUPPLIED WITH LINENS ETC. DELIGHTED WITH THE THOUGHTFULL ITEMS OVER AND ABOVE WHAT WAS EXPECTED. WE WOULD DEFINITELY WANT TO STAY AGAIN ON OUR NEXT VISIT. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ANYONE AS WE FEEL THEY WOULD BE VERY PLEASED. THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR STAY SO PLEASANT.
- Guest Rose S.
- Date of stay 07/24/11
- Review Submitted 08/03/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 1 - Jun 28, 2014
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Cash, cheque or credit card accepted. 50% at the time of booking to confirm the reservation. Balance is due 2 weeks before arrival date.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: C$400
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Primary: +1 250 752-1184
- Fax: +1 250 752-1029
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Stroll down the street to quaint Qualicum village - 5 minutes!
Everything you need for a home-cooked meal
comfortable adjustable chair, complete with supersoft comforter
jetted tub in master ensuite
main bathroom with skylight and shower/tub combo
relax on the comfortable deck chairs and enjoy the flowers!
Welcome to your home away from home!
sunset at Qualicum Beach, July
vigourous Notch Hill hike - the view is worth it! 20 minutes from home
Qualicum Beach Memorial Golf Course, January 1, 2011
No big box or chains stores here! Funky local shops abound!
QB sunset cruise (photo courtesy of Alberni Outpost outfitters)
Kitchen eating area - bright and sunny
comfortable living room with TV, CD player, stereo, VCR, fireplace
Master bedroom with king bed
second bedroom can be 2 twin or put together to make a king bed
view of the distant coastal mountains from the living room
View from kitchen eating area onto large private and sunny patio
view of the village shore with Mt. Arrowsmith in the background
Milner Gardens - acres of gardens and forest - 5 minutes from home
old growth forest - Cathedral Grove - 20 minutes from home
Farmers Market every Saturday May - October downtown
Great little bookstore in the town centre
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.