New Cabin - Attractively Priced with Lots of Room!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Dover cabin description
Spacious, very nice, waterfront home located on Lake Pend Oreille, 7 miles from Sandpoint. It offers nearly 60 miles of boatable water (Albini Falls dam to Bayview) and can accommodate a large family gathering. Relax and enjoy the view from the spacious deck or hop in the boat and explore the Sandpoint area and all Lake Pend Oreille has to offer!
This ''cabin'' has ''Large Family Gathering'' written all over it! It can easily handle 4 to 5 couples with plenty of room for kids! As an example; My extended family (all 24 of us, 22 adults and two children) spent the last two Thanksgivings here and didn't feel crowded. (Granted, we had to employ two air-up mattresses and sleeping accommodations were not totally private for everyone, but we did put the place through its paces and it handled us all quite well. And over the past 4th of July, we accommodated 5 couples and their kids, twenty-nine in total.
Description Cont. : Weather was rotten so we all stayed inside most of the time, and weren't stumbling over each other.
It is also ''compartmentalized'',(see description below) so smaller groups won't feel like they've rented a gymnasium. Roast marshmallows in the wood burning fireplace in the Loft, or snuggle in to a movie down in the Master Level while the kids go crazy the The Bunk Room!
My philosophy on rental fees; I require some pretty hefty (but Fully Refundable) damage and cleaning deposits. In return, I price the place to offer a Very good value to groups who will take care of my home and who don't mind cleaning up after themselves. If you leave the place undamaged and as clean as you found it, you'll get your deposits back. No added on ''Cleaning Fees''!
This truly is a Nice home. It is very functional and flexible.
Description of accommodations:
4 Q beds, 4 full futons, 5 single bunks, 1 single dormer bed
Bunk Room Level:
1 full futon.
5 single bunks.
Family Room Level:
2 Q beds, each in a private bedrooms.
1 Q + 1 full futon in family room (not so private).
1 Q Select Comfort (private).
1 full futon (private).
Kitchen with large counter.
Gas range with dual electric oven (1 convection).
Large dining table (seats 10-12).
Leather sofa and love seat.
1 Full futon (semi private).
1 single dormer bed.
WiFi (Wireless Internet): Should have WiFi up and running by mid December. Tested at 1.3 MB per sec.
No Pets Allowed: This is negotiable. May require non-refundable pet deposit and larger damage deposit.
Minimum Age Limit for Renters.
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Considered
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 22
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- 3/4 bath is connected to the master bedroom through one door and accessable to the rest of the cabin through another. Full bath is located near two bedrooms on the family room level. Powder room is off the living room. Queen Bed: 1 - Select Comfort in master. Pillow top mattresses in the two 'guest' bed rooms. Regular mattress in Family Room. Convertible Bed: Futon on the Master Bedroom level is an inter spring mattress. Futons in loft, family room, and bunk room are traditional cotton stuffed futons. Bunk Bed: Bunk room has 5 twin mattresses on the bunks (3 on top, 2 on bottom) and one full size futon (on bottom)....moreless
- Lakefront: The 'beach' bottom can be seen clearly in the picture showing the frame of the dock. The pic was taken when the water was down so you get a good idea of the sand:rock ratio. Slope is approximately 1:4 (one foot of drop for every 4 feet away from shore. Shoreline has been landscaped and two rock steps take you into the water. Water is approx 18' deep at shoreline. Water is deep enough to dive off the end of the dock. (Dock frame is pictured in listing. Decking has since been installed.) Access to the three main bedrooms will require 1 or 2 flights of stairs. Decks are very high and not recommended for toddlers. Parking for RV/Boat/Trailer: parking deck will accommodate 2 boat trailers, or they can be parked on the side of the road in front of the cabin. Off Street Parking: 2 full size or 4 compact spaces off street on the parking deck. Room for 4-6 more vehicles or combo car and boat trailer on the side of the road....moreless
- Games For Kids
- Video Library
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Theme Parks
- Pantry Items
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Coffee Grinder
- 4 Ring Stove
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
local services and businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
sports and adventure activities
- Jet Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Fly Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Wood Stove
- Parking Off Street
- Toilet Paper
- Parking On Street
- Paper Towels
- Hydronic Heating
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Basic Soaps
- Linens Provided
- Laundry Soap
- Security System
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Walkway To Water
- Wood Deck
- Boat Dock
- Outdoor Grill Gas
ReviewsWrite a review
We had a wonderful time at this splendid home on the beautiful river. The property was very close to family and we were able to walk for visits. The spacious home was perfect for all 11 of us to be comfortable and private. My Grandson loved the river for swimming and fun. We will definitely be back for another visit to this home. We loved the remote felling of the property but were able to be in town in just a few minutes for shopping and great food.
- Guest Carey (Georgia)
- Date of stay 07/24/13
- Review Submitted 08/12/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
Family Vacation - July 2011
Family Vacation - July 2011
We are a family of 5 (two teenage boys and one teenage girl). We had a great time at this rental. Our previous vacations to the area had all been to Bottle Bay and we thought we would try the river this year. It was great and the accommodations were very civilized to say the least. A big beautiful house with a dock and mooring for our boat. We barbecued almost every night and enjoyed the stunning view from the balconies - which included the Osprey that frequents one of the pines by the dock. The owner is very considerate and put a lot of thought into the accommodations and organization of the house - we felt right at home the whole time. We will be back...I wish we were still there.
- Guest Steve S. (Santa Barbara, CA)
- Date of stay 07/16/11
- Review Submitted 09/26/11
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
June Family Vacation
June Family Vacation
The property was wonderful for my family. Absolutely fantastic location overlooking the river. We spent a lot of time on the deck just looking at the view. Plenty of space for everyone, it was never crowded and we had 11 people. Loved the open eating, kitchen, living area. We could be together when we made meals and those doing the cooking didn't feel excluded. The different floors allowed for peace and quiet for sleeping. You couldn't hear anyone not right next to you. Our weather wasn't good, only two nice days in the week we were there but it didn't matter, we had a wonderful time, hiking, fishing and just spending time together. We will be back and look forward to really getting out on the water and coming back to relax at this wonderful home.
- Guest California Family (California)
- Date of stay 06/18/11
- Review Submitted 06/27/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers.
$1,250 - $2650/wk US DollarsPeak Season weekly (Saturday - Saturday): $2,650 Peak Season Daily: $500 (on case by case basis) Off Peak Season weekly (7 day): $1,250 Off Peak 9 day Fri. - Sun.): $1,500 Off Peak daily (2 night minimum): $250 2012 Peak Season: June 23 - Sept 3, Nov 17 - 24, Dec 22 - Jan 2, 2013 $1,500 refundable damage deposit. $500 refundable cleaning deposit.Dates Available: Year Round. Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Sandpoint / Spokane at 12 Miles
- Nearest Train: Sandpoint at 9 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: US 95 at 7.2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Springy Point Campground at 3.5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The Lodge at 7 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Schweitzer Mountain at 20 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Sandpoint at 10 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Lodge - Long Bridge Grill at 7 Miles
- Primary: +1 (509) 760-5112 (Washington, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from the Main Deck Looking Upriver
Our Friendly Neighborhood Osprey -They Have a Nest
Kitchen (Still some trim to complete)
View From Living Area
View from the Main Deck Looking North
Looking up at the Cabin from the Water.
Dining Area Before it was Finished. Current Photo
Dining Area from the Loft
Dock and 'Beach',
4 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.