Self Catering Windsor & Eton Riverside | London, 30 Mins England
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Windsor cottage description
LUXURY, SELF CATERING, COTTAGE, HOLIDAYS, UNIQUE, WATERFRONT, VACATION RENTALS, nr, LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
Windsor & Eton - Riverside - Holidays - London 30 minutes downstream
Luxury waterfront – Holiday home for up to 7 persons
Unique vacation rental by owner (VRBO)
Berkshire – London Home Counties – England - UK
Visit Windsor & Eton riverside for luxury self catering cottage holidays, & simply fall in love with boathouse19’s unique & unusual, waterfront - vacation home rentals, nr London, England, UK.
Perfect, for families with children, for friends or family reunions, or just for couples, wishing for ultimate luxury hideaways & escapes in England, Europe. Read more, to find out about one of England’s finest, self catering – English - vacation home rentals by owner nr London. Probably one of the best unique home stays in all of Europe that you will ever find.
Discover a unique & unusual place to stay on the River Thames in Windsor & Eton, nr London, England – a lavish & enchanting private residence & luxurious, boutique styled - self catering cottage home – a fine Windsor & Eton chic retreat, a luxurious holiday home for all.
Totally unique and unusual in every way, our historic Eton College School boathouse has nestled graciously under the Ramparts of Windsor Castle on the banks of the River Thames, for more than 200 years.
Located in a quiet gated luxury development in Eton village, only 50m from Windsor town centre, our dream holiday home & house commands far reaching & magnificent views of the old Grandfather River Thames and the Queen of England’s favourite and oldest, residential home, & Palace - Windsor Castle. .
With a typically English country cottage feel, the historic river cottages that surround boathouse19 are set in 2 worlds - an English village, but located 50m across the river Thames from Windsor, an urban and fascinating tourist town. Our self catering cottage home provides luxury accommodation for up to 7 persons.
boathouse19 is set over three floors. At the top of the house, reached by a handmade & bespoke mixed English Ash helical staircase, you will find the best boutique style room in town – The Admirals Den.
The Admirals Den – Luxury self catering accommodation
A 40sq metre suite with a double stone bath with surreal, Royal Windsor Castle views, a small lounging area with chaise lounge, full opening picturesque windows commanding Windsor’s finest views of the River Thames, Windsor Castle and beyond. A separate massage shower room, a dressing area that overlooks the gated Eton village side & courtyard entrance. A luxurious, 6ft wide double warm & comfy bed with an exquisite 11ft wide galleon themed headboard with individual switches to remote control, the Sky TV entertainment, a ceiling fan, electric roof lights and blinds. Be inspired by the Moroccan moorish, decor & mood lighting, that softly illuminates, the reclaimed wide board flooring and the vaulted historic 20ft high ceilings. Pure, luxury self catering accommodation at its best, with colourful silk fabrics, rugs, gowns, slippers, luxury toiletries, & coffee & tea making facilities, to make you feel at home.
Graciously descend from the top to the middle floor to find three further exquisite and uniquely styled bedrooms, The Captains Hideaway, The Lieutenants Courtyard and for the 5th or 7th person staying The Stowaway room.
The Captains Hideaway, Lieutenants Courtyard &, The Stowaway bedrooms
Located on the middle floor, both the Captains and Lieutenants are en-suite rooms, with double stone luxury baths, with separate hand showers, with river and Castle views from both rooms. The Captains has picturesque full opening windows with stunning river and Windsor Castle views. The luxury bedroom also overlooks the bridge deck and moorings below and has wide board flooring, separate wardrobes and drawers with an exquisite en-suite bathroom with all necessary refinements. The Lieutenants courtyard overlooks the gated courtyard, and has secret river views from the luxury en-suite bath room. As well as a further 3rd double stone bath, the Lieutenants Courtyard benefits form an additional walk in shower. Both rooms are styled in a similar Moroccan Moorish theme, with mood lighting, Sky TV, wide board wooden flooring, rugs, and decor with colourful fabrics, ancient beams, and historic steals.
The Stowaway room doubles as a Sky TV room for the kids, with games, printer, and magnificent river Thames and Windsor and castle views. The futon style settee, folds down to create a further small but private bedroom, and a 4ft 6inch small double bed, suitable for the 5th or 7th person staying. There is an additional cloakroom with wash basin and wc downstairs in the river room, but showers or a bath will have to be taken in one of the other family bedrooms.
The River Room, Bridge Deck & Moorings, and the Lower Pontoon.
Open plan living from the moment you enter boathouse19, filled with sunlight during the day, and glistening reflections of Windsor and the Queens Castle at night make our luxury vacation rental in England, every ones dream home. With heated floors for cosy winter holidays and, full opening riverside doors to allow for a cool river breeze for those balmy, almost tropical summer nights, holiday with family and friends in Eton Style.
Equipped with numerous cushions, tables & chairs for both inside and outside dining, and a kitchen full of hi spec equipment, including - steam ovens, warming plates, and the essential integrated coffee machine, that’s everyone wants, make for a most luxurious and independent stay. You certainly won’t want to eat in the many local and very nearby restaurants.
With wifi throughout, be cheeky from the upper bridge deck viewing platform, take a picture of the Queens favourite home, and send an email to your friends, with your picture post card saying – wish you were here?
Boathouse19 – is available for 3 or 4 night stays, one week holidays, 14 day break or even short term lets with our monthly bookings up to 28 days.
Try one of our special luxury breaks, short breaks, weekend breaks, activity breaks, romantic getaways for couples, with a complimentary Sir Christopher Wrens House hotel Spa.
Winter Holiday Vacation Rentals
Open all year round, our guests in, the, know still keep on returning, to experience boathouse19 in all the different English holiday seasons. Winter holidays are magical, especially when you can enjoy the morning and mid day sun, creating the perfect blue skies over Windsor Castle and beyond. Although a little colder than taking an autumn family holiday, the river Thames can still be navigated in either one of our kayaks or canoes, to explore the perfect burning red sunsets and other boating fun upstream. Perfect cottage holiday for all, Winter holiday vacation rentals including Xmas and near year.
Summer Holiday Vacation Rentals
Vacation rentals in both the spring and summer holiday season, are always glorious, come rain or shine, it’s when you and your guests truly become the envy of all the people in Windsor & Eton. With alfresco dining, including breakfast, brunch or lunch, and dinner on the bridge deck, almost becoming a daily ritual for every guest, before retiring to their double hammock on the lower pontoon, to relax, snooze or watch Windsor town centre and Windsor bridge, come alive with buskers, entertainers, & tango dancing nights. Perfect cottage holidays, & self catering accommodation for summer holiday vacation rentals.
We guarantee that you will not find a better holiday home location, let alone any other comparable accommodation to stay in, boathouse19 is so much more than all other Windsor & Eton hotels or holiday apartment rentals on offer, we simply will never do & do not ever wish to compare to the norm.
Welcome to boathouse19 – a refreshingly different style of luxury self catering accommodation, with river cottage charm.
Luxury self catering family holidays, are fondly treasured and remembered forever by all, when you stay at boathouse19
Remember to visit our location pages to find more about our unique and unusual, self catering holiday home location in Windsor & Eton, nr London, England. Hope to see you soon.
Mark and Kim
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Parking Off Street:
- Linens Provided:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Washing Machine:
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Water View:
- Equestrian Events
- Ice Skating
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Horseback Riding
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Sight Seeing
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Gambling Casinos
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- LUXURY, SELF CATERING, COTTAGE, HOLIDAYS Enjoy our - Windsor & Eton Riverside vacation rental home (VRBO) UNIQUE, WATERFRONT, VACATION RENTALS, nr, LONDON, ENGLAND, UK Perfect for both families & children or just couples, wishing for ultimate luxury escapes in one of England’s finest, & best, Unique Home Stays. Discover a unique & unusual, River Thames - luxury, self catering - holiday home, cottage, in the heart of Windsor & Eton, Berkshire. England. Stay in luxury in an unusual place on the banks of the river Thames. Settle into a perfect hideaway, your sweet home from home for a few day's, and simply relax with loved ones, family or friends under the ramparts of Windsor Castle, England, on the banks of the river Thames. Discover Windsor & Eton's finest and probably the best place to stay in Berkshire, boathouse19, an old historic Eton College School boathouse that's been elegantly transformed into a £2 million wow house, & private luxury cottage home, with spectacular waterfront views of Her Majesty the Queens favourite home and castle. A charming, unusual and unique place to escape to & explore London, the Chiltern hills and all of the home counties other nearby historic riverside towns and villages. With London only 30 minutes downstream, it's no wonder why everyone wishes to stay or visit Windsor & Eton village, but remember the people who really know England & the fine English countryside will always stay for a few more days & if not longer. A most popular retreat for Londoners & tourists wishing to really escape, the hustle and bustle of city life, for a more traditional English vacation rental, a luxury getaway, or to even just as a couple for those memorable romantic weekend breaks. At boathouse19 you only have to step outside your door, and you are in the heart of Eton and Windsor, England. Located opposite Sir Christopher Wrens House hotel, & just 50 m from Windsor Bridge, your pedestrian gateway to Windsor town centre, and Windsor Castle. Leave the car at home to visit Windsor Castle and watch the changing of the Guards, The Windsor Castle Round Tower, The Royal Windsor Theatre, The Great Park, The Long walk, The Copper Horse, The Royal Station & shopping mall, The Royal Wheel (summer) The Royal outdoor ice rink (winter), Alexander Gardens, The Hurricane tribute, The Brocas playing fields, and leisure gardens, Dorney Lake & The River Thames path to name a few. Venture a little further, 10 minutes or so by car to see Legoland Windsor, Bray Studios, Bray on Thames, Maidenhead, Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures, Cliveden House, Savill Garden, Burnham Beeches, Beaconsfield model village, Wentworth Golf Club, Hampton Court Palace, Epsom racecourse and the Epsom Downs, Bath, Brighton, Oxford, The Cotswolds, and of course London and it's shopping in the West End. Whilst staying in Windsor & Eton enjoy some of our other guests favourite activities including Boating, Canoeing, kayaking, Rowing, Sailing, Water skiing, Horse Riding, Carriage Riding, Monday night Windsor Horse Racing, Cycling, Walking, Skating, Roller Skating, Hot air ballooning, Wake boarding, Go karting, Paddle boarding, Bird spotting, Hunting & Shooting, Golf, Fly Fishing, Course Fishing, and Swimming. Book an eventful stay at the famous nearby Royal Ascot Races, Henley Royal Regatta, London Olympic Games 2012, The World rowing Championships, Dorney lake, the Royal Windsor Horse show, the Dog Show, The Windsor Royal Tattoo, The Windsor triathlon, Hampton Castle to Windsor Castle bike ride, are just some of the annual activities within walking or a short car journey. Remember London is only 30 minute downstream and is easily accesed by the two railway stations, Windsor & Eton Riverside and the The Royal Windsor station are both within 200m -500m walking distance, please check out our website boathouse19.com or follow the link on this page for our facebook page to find out about all other Windsor and Eton activities & attractions, including fine dining restaurants, famous village inns & pubs, and Windsor & Eton local events and attractions throughout the year. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
low season £2500 p/w up to 2 persons for 3 - 7 extra persons add £75 PW/PP mid season £2625 p/w up to 2 persons for 3 - 7 extra persons add £75 PW/PP high season £2750 p/w up to 2 persons for 3 - 7 extra persons add £100 PW/PP peak season £2950 p/w up to 2 persons for 3 - 7 extra persons add £100 PW/PP Events, Xmas and New Year £3950 p/w for up to 7 persons. Couples only SAVE 10% 3 night minimum stay low, mid, 4 night high & peak seasons Prices on application
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Heathrow at 10 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Southampton at 60 Miles
- Nearest Train: Windsor & Eton Riverside at 200 Metres
- Nearest Motorway: M4 at 2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Brighton at 90 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The George Inn, The Watermans at 50 Metres
- Nearest Golf: Eton college School at 500 Metres
- Nearest Restaurant: Gilbeys at 50 Metres
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: Mark and Kim have owned boathouse19 in Eton, nr Windsor for nearly 7 years. After successfully renting another bespoke Spanish luxury home for several years, and retiring from our disabled bathroom business. we decided to turn boathouse19 into a unique luxury holiday home destination especially suited for family holidays. We love watching peoples faces as they enter the house for the first time, and love listening to peoples comments of wow, wow, and wow, it makes it all worthwhile, especially now after three years of renting as many of our guests return year on year.
Why the Owner Chose Windsor:
Boathouse19 was originally an old Eton College School boathouse and was used by Eton College School boys for rowing from approx 1890 until approx 1970. We stumbled upon boathouse19 after we had renovated another property in Bray Berkshire, which Heston Blumanthal from the Fat Duck restaurant decided to put in an offer to buy. With this in mind, we went to see this delightful unique cottage and boat house and immediately fell in love with the location. We made our offer which was accepted, even though the house needed a complete over-hall to bring it back to it's former glory. Boathouse19 was certainly a once in a lifetime opportunity, as prime waterfront houses with moorings in the centre of Eton and Windsor are normally only reserved for the rich and famous, and not mere mortals like ourselves. After completely gutting a 1970's rebuild, we set upon trying to make boathouse19 the perfect family holiday home, and after 14 listed building approvals and approx a £500,000 spend, have achieved our goal of creating a bespoke and unique, beautiful home for all our guests to enjoy.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Boathouse19 Eton is unique in every way, and perfectly located on the Eton side of Windsor with commanding views of the River Thames, Windsor Castle, Windsor town and beyond. Individually styled with reclaimed floors and doors to match the historic ships beams and steels the house oozes charm, and luxury throughout. Be the envy of everyone in Windsor & Eton, and book a few days or a week, we know you will return again and again.
- Primary: +44 (0)1753851551 May divert to Marks mobile please leave message
- Secondary: +44 (0)7825873576 Mark's Mobile
Links to more information:
English Holidays 2013
English Holiday Cottages 2013
unique self catering cottages UK
Cottages to Rent England
English Self Catering Cottages
Unusual Cottages to Rent UK
Luxury Homes England
Holiday Homes UK
Unique Homestays England
River House England
Unique Home Stays
Eton College School Rafts
Luxury Self Catering UK
Luxury Self Catering Cottages
cottages for you England
English self catering holidays
Premier Cottages England
Waterfront Self Catering Accommodation
Boutique Holiday Cottages England UK
Self Catering Holiday Homes England
River Cottage England
Windsor Castle Accommodation Views
Windsor Self Catering Cottage
Windsor & Eton Self Catering Holidays
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Monday, November 19, 2012
4 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
May divert to Marks mobile please leave message
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.