Monterey Penthouse - 180 Degree Bay Views, Walk to Aquarium and Cannery Row!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:30 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Monterey apartment description
Homeaway quotable rates reflect base rates only and do not include cleaning, taxes, appropriate fees or higher rates for holidays or special events that fall inside each season. There are homes in Monterey County that have 30 night minimums per city ordinances. Shorter terms may be available with a pro-rated 30 day exclusive right to rent contract. Please inquire directly.
Experience breathtaking 180-degree bay views of the Central California coastline high above the rooftops in this sophisticated 1-bedroom, 1-bath penthouse located on a hillside overlooking Cannery Row and the incredible Monterey Bay. This retreat, perfect for a romantic getaway, working executive, student, military, small family, or a few friends traveling, offers the tranquility of panoramic vistas coupled with the convenience of having the exciting amenities of Cannery Row - including the famed Monterey Bay Aquarium - at your feet.
Add to this a spacious enclosed private deck where you can sit around a modern table for four in the glow of a central fire-pit and enjoy cocktails at sunset, dine on an elegant al fresco meal, then sip liqueur into the evening and drink in the the twinkling lights of the magical Monterey Bay harbor and the vast canopy of stars overhead. Special lighting creates an ambience of relaxation and peace.
Park your car in an enclosed, shared garage, then climb a short flight of steps to your vacation aerie. Stop at the entrance, inhale deeply and enjoy the splendor of the vista before stepping into a spacious open area that includes the living and dining rooms and the kitchen. Windows on three sides let in the spectacular California Central Coast light and the sweeping 180-degree view over trees and rooftops to the sparkling blue waters of Monterey Bay. A nautical theme prevails, with seashore and sailboat accents and art, and a crisp white, gray and ocean-blue color scheme.
Upon your arrival you will be greeted by complimentary hors d'oeuvres and wine or sparkling cider, passes to the famous Spa on the Plaza in Monterey, tickets for a Scheid Winery tasting in Carmel-by-the-Sea and a basket of local information. An assigned concierge vacation house manager is available to assist you during your stay. We also have provided spa amenities in the bathrooms, plush bathrobes and luxury towels.
Furnishings include a blue and white striped comfortable queen-sized sleeper sofa, a cushy silver electric easy chair, white wooden coffee and end tables and a black library table. A telescope is provided for up-close-and-personal viewing of sailboats, whales, pelicans or whatever catches your eye. Watch your favorite movies on a 46” flat-screen TV above a marble-faced gas fireplace. In fact, this penthouse is equipped with the latest in electronic accoutrements: wireless, a printer/fax/copier, audio-phile file home theater, CD and DVD (/SACD/Blu-Ray) player with seven speaker surround system, and a premium cable package and DVR .
Prepare delicious gourmet meals in the classic black and white chef's dream kitchen, with its white cabinetry, black granite counter-tops, Italian slate tile floor inside and out, gas range, stainless steel refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher. It comes fully equipped with everything you could wish for in cookware, dishes, glassware, tabletop linens and accessories. Serve your meals indoors at a wooden table for four positioned to take full advantage of the views or outdoors on the side deck, which also includes an 360-degree rotation umbrella, 4 comfy cushioned motion club chairs and matching end-table, or catch some sun on the chaise and fire up the gas grill. You can also enjoy morning coffee and scones at the bistro table and chairs for two on a narrow front deck that extends the length of the penthouse.
The bedroom, with a sophisticated palette of white, teal-blue, taupe and dark brown, has a queen with a carved antiqued-white wood headboard. It is fitted with luxury linens, teal-blue coverlet and patterned comforter, and a 36” HDTV flat screen w/cable. A dark wood antique dresser and matching bedside table, and a corner display cabinet with ocean themed objets d'art complete the picture. The heated bathroom includes a deep soaking tub with jets and a shower, black and white marble-lined closets and vanities, black granite counter-tops, and sand-colored tiles on the floor and surrounding the tub.
A stacking coin washer and dryer and change-maker are in the enclosed garage, where one car can be parked. Everything you need for a day at the beach can also be found in the garage.
Whether you want to sample the shops, restaurants, nightlife and other attractions of Cannery Row or head to the beach, it's all only a short four blocks away. Lighthouse Avenue, a main thoroughfare with a unique collection of ethnic restaurants and other amenities, is only one block away. Pacific Grove, Pebble Beach and the famous 17-Mile-Drive are only a short five-minute drive; Carmel is a 10-minute drive and Big Sur 45 minutes. The beach coastal trail is just blocks away as is a half-dozen world-class golf courses.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms
*1 month minimum rental requirement per City of Monterey. Winter and Spring may be rented for 10- 21 days or less with an exclusive 30 day prorated contract.
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are separate from rent.: $350 per stay.
* Stays of 29 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with our Vacation House Manager assigned to the rental. The cost of these cleanings are charged up front and are $125 apiece. Additional cleanings can be arranged after arrival if desired.
* Property Protection Accidental Loss and Damage Fee $100 instead of security deposit (covers up to $1,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
* No Pets Allowed at this location. Please ask about our other pet friendly homes!
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guests. You will be required to pay a deposit of $200 when you book and will pay any additional charges incurred after you depart, once the bill is received.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.
* This is a 1 story residence but there are several steps down from the entryway into the penthouse.
* There is one designated parking spot available in the shared garage. This is a large property with two other detached units.
* There is a coin operated shared washer and dryer in the shared garage.
- On floor 2
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
- Queen size bed (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom has shower over jetted tub.
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Linens Provided
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Upgraded cable package with DVR, fax/scanner/printer,outdoor dining table with canopy umbrella and fire pit. We have daily, weekly cleaning service and linen exchange available with notice. We can arrange a private chef, massage -- anything you might need. This home has an assigned Vacation Home Manager to serve as a concierge if you have any needs or requests. Each guest is greeted with cheese, crackers and either wine or sparkling cider upon arrival....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Tourist Attractions
- Massage Therapist
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Medical Services
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Surf Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Equestrian Events
- Deepsea Fishing
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Whale Watching
- Fitness Center
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- The Monterey Peninsula is unique in its combination of breathtaking natural resources and a multiplicity of cultural and entertainment possibilities. You can find something for every possible taste. For nature lovers, there is the diversity of mountain and sea, for picnicking, surfing, fishing, horseback riding, hiking, beachcombing, bird-watching, kayaking, scuba diving, tidepooling, biking and more. If you want a man-made excitement, we have art galleries galore, excellent fine-art museums, local theater, outstanding restaurants, boutiques, a natural history and a children's museum, a world-class aquarium, and that's just for starters. History buffs will have a field day exploring the adobes of Monterey. There's so much to do that you cannot possibly do it all in one visit, which means you will have to come back!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 1 - May 31, 2014
30 night min stay
Jun 1 - Jul 31, 2014
30 night min stay
Aug 1 - Aug 31, 2014
30 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
30 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
** Additional fees and taxes may apply in addition to the base rates quoted above.
** PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest.
** Save when booking within 30 days of arrival! Inquire directly for the best deals.
** Please see description section for additional rate details and rental terms. For full rates and rental terms, please see our website or inquire directly.
** Additional fees and taxes may apply in addition to the base rates quoted above.
** Homeaway quotable rates reflect our base rates only and do not include cleaning or any applicable fees. For a full quote, please inquire directly.
- Taxes Not included
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
About: Sanctuary Vacation Rentals represents properties throughout Carmel, Pebble Beach, Pacific Grove, Carmel Highlands, and the Big Sur coastline. We combine fine resort accommodations and relaxed elegance with all the comforts of home. Our properties are places that nurture and inspire and are located in one of the most beautiful, energizing places in the world, featuring the spectacular scenery of the Monterey Peninsula and the central coast of California. From historic old Monterey, to the Victorian charm of Pacific Grove, and the artists colony of Carmel-by-the-Sea, and the breathtaking scenery of Big Sur, generations of people have been rejuvenated by the breaking waves and sandy beaches here. Our properties are designer furnished with relaxed elegance. Many homes feature the colors of the sea and take inspiration from the natural beauty of the surrounding areas. Throughout Sanctuary’s vacation rentals, you’ll find comfortable beds with luxury linens, welcome beverages and hors d’oeurvres, spa robes and amenities, local wine tasting and spa passes, and a personal concierge to assist you in every way. Our homes feature chef’s dream kitchens and everything you’ll need to entertain in style. And many of our properties are pet friendly. If you’re looking for a refreshing, relaxed stay in one of the most beautiful areas in the world– offering all the comforts of home, let Sanctuary Vacation Rentals help you discover your own sanctuary by the sea. Make your reservation today. 831-373-7103 Video - What Makes Sanctuary Special? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwHiiuT8mh4
- Primary: +1 +1 831-373-7103
Links to more information:
Monterey Penthouse with upper deck and sweeping views of Monterey Bay.
Gas grill and seating for four on the deck with views of the bay.
Enjoy views of the bay and city lights at night.
Nautical theme within, marine life beyond.
View of large ship passing through the bay
Fully equipped chef's kitchen.
Sweeping views of Monterey Bay. Walk to the aquarium and Cannery Row!
The queen size bed can also view a 36' flat-screen, wall-mounted television.
Enjoy breakfast and coffee overlooking the bay.
Enjoying the built-in fire pit will be a highlight of your stay.
Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row and aquarium are within walking distance.
Outdoor dining with firepit, telescope and seating for four.
Comfortable seating in this light-filled living room.
Gas fireplace, 46' TV and stereo system in the living room.
Ocean view dining
Wine, crackers and cheese hors d'oeuvres greet you on arrival to the Penthouse.
Create memorable meals together in this fully equipped kitchen.
Queen size bed in this romantic getaway.
Bathroom has shower over jetted tub.
Morning sunrise from the Penthouse
View of city lights wrapping around the bay at night from the deck.
Monterey Bay sea life. Walk to the aquarium and recreation trail.
Monterey's Fisherman's Wharf
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Monday, March 03, 2014
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.