Charming Updated Home with Panoramic Lake Views.
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Auburn house description
40 ' of level Lakefront on Owasco Lake. Dock and gas BBQ grill. Canoe available for sightseeing or fishing. Beautiful sunrises. The lake is shallow with a sandy bottom, so perfect for swimming. Short drive to downtown Auburn where there is a Bass Pro Shop, grocery stores, YMCA, banks, clothing shops, restaurants, Walmart, Wallgreens and much more. 30 minute drive to Cayuga Lake where there are numerous wineries. 45 minute drive to Seneca Lake and 1 hour to Keuka Lake for more wine trails. 30 minute drive to Prime Outlet Mall.
The Merry-Go-Round Play House, located in Emerson Park is a 5 minute drive or 15 minute walk. Live Broadway style productions produced here. Emerson Park also has boat launching facilities, a jetty, park with barbeque grills and many festivals and events.
30 minute drive to Ithaca, NY, the home of Cornell University.
The Unique Benefits of this House: The house is located on 40'of level lakefront. No steps or steep hills to maneuver to reach the lake. The lake has a sandy bottom and is shallow . Great for swimming.There is a dock. Also boat launching at Emerson Park which is a 5 minute drive from the house.
The Springside Inn, located on Route 38 is a 5 minute walk from the house. The Inn is a picturesque old home with a beautifully landscaped, sloping lawn leading to a fabulous restaurant. The resaurant serves dinner nightly, a Sunday brunch and offers musical entertainment. Weddings are also held on the sloping lawn. Truly a beautiful sight to see. The Inn also has rooms available for rent. Each room is uniquely decorated.
- 2 story
- 1100 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- The sunroom is adjacent to the Master Bedroom. There is not a door separating the Master and Sunroom. The Master has a queen size bed. There is a queen size bed in the sunroom .The view from the master bedroom & sunroom is breathtaking. Each season has it's own unique panorama. The master bedroom has original hardwood floors. The sunroom & 2nd bedroom are carpeted. There is also a very small 3rd bedroom which has a closet and dresser. The 3rd bedroom has a carpeted floor. The 2nd & 3rd bedrooms are seperated from the master by wood louvered swinging doors. We have had made a solid wood door for the 2nd bedroom which can be easily inserted for additional privacy. The 2nd bedroom has a queen size aero bed. There is also a queen size pull-out sofa in the downstairs living room. The 2nd floor has a window air-conditioning unit located in the 3rd bedroom.This unit does cool the entire 2nd floor. This is the only air-conditioning in the house. Linens provided....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- There is a full size washer and dryer in a seperate utility room on the 2nd floor. The living room has a 36' flat screen TV with HD. There is also a queen size pull-out sofa in the living room. The 2nd bath is located on the 1st floor. It is a full bath with a shower. A note for anyone allergic to cats: My husband and I reside in the home during the summer months when it is not rented. We have a domestic short haired cat residing with us. When the house is rented we of course take the cat with us....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Coin Laundry
- Autumn Foliage
- Winery Tours
- Live Theater
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
local services and businesses
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
sports and adventure activities
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Freshwater Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Dining Area
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Parking Off Street
- Living Room:
- Air Conditioning:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Sofa Bed
- Ceiling Fans
- Broadband Access
- Linens Provided
- Dishes & Utensils
- 4 Ring Stove
- Cooking Utensils
ReviewsWrite a review
Loved our time here!
Loved our time here!
We stayed for a week at this cute home and enjoyed every minute of it. It was exceptionally clean and well-equipped to meet every need of our family -- including two teen-aged boys. For the "Type A" personalities in our vacation crew, there was WIFI which was easy to access. The swimming = AWESOME! Sandy and shallow for quite a ways out. Did I mention - NO weeds! It made for wonderful water fun for all! The kids loved trying the canoe out and, since we were from the area originally until we moved, we knew all of the great fishing spots that were very close to the camp. Parking can be a little tricky if you have a large van like we did - but the neighbors are SO nice and friendly - they patiently helped us get in and out. Close to everything, this spot is one of the best kept secrets on Owasco Lake. The owners are incredibly welcoming. We would recommend this as a vacation rental wholeheartedly.
- Guest kelley b.
- Date of stay 07/13/11
- Review Submitted 01/07/12
Owner response: Thanks so much for thinking of us. We really appreciate your thoughtfulness.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
4 night min stay
Aug 17 - Sep 7
4 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $300 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
The property is also available monthly or longer from October 23, 2012 thru May 31, 2013. Please email or call for rates.
1/2 of the rent is required to book a reservation. The balance of the rent and the $300 security deposit is due 30 days prior to occupancy.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Hancock International, Syracuse, NY at 36 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Emerson Park at 0.75 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Greek Peek at 22 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Lakeview Golf Course at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Springside Inn at 0.1 Miles
Backyard overlooking lake
View of Lake from Master Bedroom & sunroom
View of Master Bath leading to Master Bedrm. There is a pocket door to seperate.
Master bath shower.
Back of house facing Lake
Sunrise in September. Visible from 1st & 2nd floor.
Autumn leaves end of Sept. Prior to peak.Peak is mid to late October.
Stairway leading to 2nd floor
Sunroom off Master Bedroom
Master bath leading out to stairway.Jacuzzi tub.Also another pocket door.
Stairway leading down to 1st floor.
Deck, dock, boat hoist&canoe
View of house from street.
Backyard Deck in July
Another September Sunrise.
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.