Great Family Cottage on Traverse St - 1 Block to Beach & Park!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:N/A
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
* This perfect family cottage is well equipped for a week of fun in Elk Rapids. One of the best locations on the popular west side of the Village, and less than 1 block to the beach, park, and courts.
* Tastefully decorated, bright and colorful. Fully furnished, with tile and hardwood floors. The fenced backyard is ideal for children and pets. Front porch is screened and glassed.
* You will feel right at home the minute you walk into this very clean and comfortable cottage.
* LESS THAN ONE BLOCK to: Village Beach, Park, Beach Playground, Tennis and Basketball courts - all on East Grand Traverse Bay! Other Village activities (all within two - three blocks) include: shopping, restaurants, library, movie theater, antique shops, etc.
* The cottage driveway will accommodate boat and trailer parking. Some bikes and beach gear are available for use by our guests.
* Cottage is located on Traverse Street, between Pine and Spruce Streets. See Google Map link below.
Two marinas are also nearby: (1) Elk River Marina - to access Elk Lake, Torch River, Torch Lake, Clam River, etc. (2) Elk Rapids Grace Memorial Harbor - to access East Grand Traverse Bay, Lake Michigan.
Pets: well mannered dogs welcome, sorry no cats. For weekly rentals, a $100 pet fee will be added.
Important Note To Guests - Linens: Not provided. Please bring sheets, pillowcases, and bath towels. We provide blankets, pillows, and kitchen towels. Thanks
Please - no smoking inside the cottage.
Weekly Rental: Saturday 3pm to Saturday 10 am. [MI sales tax included]
Call or e-mail Terry to reserve your week. Our weekly rental rates include MI 6% sales/use tax: example, your week @ $1,000.00 = 943.40 rent + 56.60 tax.
Keywords: Cottage, Elk Rapids, Village, Traverse Street, Beach, Playground, Lake Michigan, Tennis Courts, One Block, East Bay, 3 Bedroom, Sleeps 8, Bikes, Fenced Yard
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Bedroom 1
- 1 queen
- main floor with attached half bath
- Bedroom 2
- 1 double
- Bedroom 3
- 2 twin/ single, 1 bunk bed
- a total of 4 twins in this large upstairs bedroom!
Queen size Beds (1) First floor, main bedroom, attached half bath, Double Beds (1) Located upstairs (2nd bedroom), Twin or Single Beds (2) Located upstairs (3rd bedroom) these 2 twin beds are in the same large bedroom as the bunk bed, Baby Cribs (1) Crib for infant/under 1 year will be set up upon request, Bunk Beds (1) Located upstairs (3rd bedroom) this bunk bed (2 twin mattresses) is in the same large bedroom as the 2 twin beds...morecollapse
- 1.0 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Air Conditioning:
- Iron & Board
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Basketball Court
- Fly Fishing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
ReviewsWrite a review
Perfect Vacation Cottage
Perfect Vacation Cottage
We rented the "red cottage" from August 20th through September 10th 2011. The listing description does not do the cottage justice... It was more than wonderful! The property is spotless, and has just about anything you need for a vacation with or without your pet. The fenced backyard was great for our dog, and also great for barbecues and relaxing. The cottage has a fully stocked kitchen, and the sleeping arrangements are more than adequate. The owners are extremely nice, and keep the property kept up in tip top shape... I almost don't want to tell anyone else about how great it is in Elk Rapids .... just a quick walk to a beautiful beach, and a quaint little town with good restaurants and shops. We will be back!
- Guest Laurie
- Date of stay 08/20/11
- Review Submitted 12/27/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, pet owners, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with teenagers.
We rented this property for the weekend and ADORED it...it's everything that a "up north" cottage should be...beautiful property, stylish & comfortable, pet-friendly, nice owners and only a block from the beach and cute downtown! We hated to leave!
- Guest RebeccaBP
- Date of stay 10/21/11
- Review Submitted 10/23/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, pet owners, romantic getaway, age 55+.
"The Red House" (as my kids like to call it) is our favorite place to stay in Elk Rapids. We have been there 5 times and will continue coming back for more wonderful family memories! We absolutely love everything about Elk Rapids and this cottage has an outstanding location relative to the beach and downtown. We feel very at home when we stay there.
- Guest Amy Poirier
- Date of stay 03/13/09
- Review Submitted 03/13/09
Great cottage, perfectly located for Elk Rapids activities. We will definitely be contacting you again.
- Guest Anonymous38476
- Date of stay 09/20/07
- Review Submitted 09/20/07
Darling cottage! Beautifully decorated and so spotless! We had so much fun in Elk Rapids. Never even needed our car to get to shopping, restaurants and beach. The kids had great time in town too. Very comfortable sleeping arrangements. Perfect location. We cant wait until next year!!
- Guest Julie Rickfelder
- Date of stay 08/22/06
- Review Submitted 08/22/06
My family stayed at this cute cottage. We really enjoyed the charming community - there are a ton of "up north" things to do and the cottage is very comfortable and nicely updated.
- Guest Jean Marusak
- Date of stay 04/28/04
- Review Submitted 04/28/04
Rate Details 2013: Cottage is available Saturday 3pm to Saturday 10 am June thru August: $1400 per week Spring and Fall: 2 night min: please call or email for rate Add $100 cleaning fee if pet accompanies!
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Before paying contact the owner to confirm payment details.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
- Primary: (989) 370-4118 (Cell, Michigan, USA)
- Secondary: (989) 732-7087 (Michigan, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front View of Cottage - Old Fashioned Screened & Glassed Porch
The backyard is nicely landscaped and fenced. Gas and Charcoal Grills On Patio
First Floor Bedroom With Attached Half Bath
The Enclosed Front Porch Has Screens and Blinds
Partial Views - Kitchen and Mudroom / Back Entry
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2004.
Date last modified - Tuesday, April 30, 2013