VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This beautifully renovated colonial apartment has one of the best views in all of Old San Juan. From its three big balcony windows you look out over the 500 year-old San Cristobal Castle and over the city walls, onto a panoramic ocean view. Swing the Spanish shutters open and let the sun and ocean breeze into your bedroom in the morning. Pull up a chair and read a book looking out over the Atlantic. It's a wonderful place to relax for a week or more (**5 night minimum stay please**)
The apartment is spacious (1150 square feet) and architecturally designed with very high ceilings and interior archways. It’s on the second floor of a bright blue colonial two-story building and takes up the entire ocean view side (the entrance is on Calle del Sol but the apartment is actually on Calle Norzagaray so the views are unobstructed). It has two bedrooms - a master bedroom (with the view right from your bed) and a very nice medium-sized bedroom - each with its own Spanish-tiled bathroom for privacy. The living room space, dining area and kitchen are all open, and connect to an indoor patio where the occasional afternoon rain can be heard coming down through the open skylight. This also allows for a refreshing cross-ventilation, so the air conditioners are usually only necessary on very hot days. The place is furnished with traditional plantation-style furniture in dark hardwood - the two queen beds are modern and comfy.
We love this apartment, and if you’re like us you might be tempted to spend a lot of time just relaxing inside, but you have to get out and experience Old San Juan. The location is super-convenient:
• You’re right next to the San Cristobal Castle which, along with El Morro just a few blocks away, are the two oldest and best restored military fortresses in the Western hemisphere. • There is a scenic walk (or free trolley) along the city wall connecting the two castles, with grassy parks along the way where the locals fly kites (you can buy a kite for $3 from the guy who sells piraguas from a cart). • Walk 10 minutes the other way and you get to a nice small beach, and a little further is a bigger beach and then Condado, the more modern and trendy side of San Juan. • There are great restaurants and bars within a few blocks of the apartment, as well as live music, great shopping, art galleries, quaint museums, and all the necessary conveniences (supermarket, pharmacy, etc). • All of the main historic sites are within a 10-minute walk. Most of the streets in the area are made of Italian blue cobblestone that dates back to the 16th century, and the whole place - pastel buildings, lively people, artsy vibe, and tropical warmth - feels like unique little jewel.
Don’t waste your money on a hotel with no view, no kitchen, and no privacy, or on a standard apartment that’s more or less the same as any other. Stay in our wonderful condo and be part of the real Old San Juan experience. **please note: the apartment is in a residential building - guests must be willing to respect our rules and maintain a peaceful and quiet environment. No parties or loud behavior is allowed, and mature guests are preferred.
Keywords: Seaside, charming, renovated, comfortable, colonial, balcony, vista
A 7% tourism tax applies to all rentals less than 90 day.
A 3% service charge applies to every online booking and/ or payment by PayPal and/ or credit card.
The 7% and the 3% are listed together at an additional 10% - see above.
With each reservation we are charging at least one cleaning fee for the cleaning at your check-out. If Guest stays with us for more than 7 nights we apply a deep cleaning fee at your check-out. One deep cleaning has the cost of two regular cleanings.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Pay with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.