Secluded 3BR Home, 3bath on Open Acres,Centrally Located
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Waterbury Center apartment description
Private 3 Bedroom house surrounded by open acres located just off I-89 and Route 100 North with easy access to Stowe, Burlington, Montpelier and the Mad River Valley. Peaceful, secluded with long distant views of Camels Hump and the Worcester Range-end of road privacy!
Hike, bike, kayak or fish all from this centrally located spot. Main floor is an open floor plan with full kitchen and seating area, dining area; decks and sunroom, powder room, and master queen bedroom suite with a private bath with 2 person Jacuzzi;tv/living room. All rooms upstairs open to outdoor living areas/decks. Downstairs has private entrance with 2 bedrooms,bathroom,w/d, full kitchen; tv/entertainment/living room. Property is surrounded by 8 acres of pristine long distance views and meadows; relax with a drink on one of several decks or the stone patio listening to fountains and splashing water while watching the sun set over Camel's Hump. Landscaped perennial gardens and ponds.Level lawns for reception/party areas.
Local attractions are the world famous Ben & Jerry's, Cabot Creamery, downtown Main Streets in Stowe and Waterbury; visit 'The Sound of Music' Trapp Family Lodge, the headquarters of the Green Mountain Club of The Long Trail is withing walking distance only 1/2m away. Hike Camels Hump, Hunger Mtn or Mt. Mansfield. Shop the Essex outlet mall; weekly local farmers markets and pick your own berries, fresh veggies and garlic; easy access to Church Street shopping and the Flynn Theatre in Burlington. Kayak the Waterbury Reservoir (1.5mi) with Umiak rented kayak.
The complete house is available for rent during the Christmas holiday and Presidents holiday. Owners will also entertain a long term ski rental from December 1st through March 31st.
Keywords: condo, apartment, suite, lodging
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- Queen size Beds (1) The Queen bedroom is luxuriously decorated in a French theme with a closet, night stand and lamp with clock radio and alarm. This bedroom also has a tall dresser, mirror above and a cheval dressing mirror. , Twin or Single Beds (2) The Harlequin twins bedroom has a double closet with interior shelves for storage, a night stand with lamp and an alarm clock. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Secure Parking, garden, canoe, cooler large, beach chairs & towels, central heating, Ducted Heating, hair dryer. The apartment is available as a long term ski rental from December to April. The entire house which has 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, one with whirlpool jacuzzi, open kitchen, dining and living areas is available for Foliage Season from September 16th through October 1st....moreless
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Mountain Biking
- Live Theater
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Waterbury is rural Vermont with all the amenities. Central to nearby Stowe, Sugarbush/Mad River Valley and a short drive to Burlington's waterfront, theatre district, nightlife and Church Street shopping. Home to Ben&Jerry's, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters and headquarters of the Green Mountain Club (Keepers of the Long Trail and only 1/2 mile away!) Climb Camels Hump or Hunger Mountain. Flyfish 8 area streams and rivers including the Winooski and Mad River. 5 nearby golf courses. Bike newly paved Route 100 from Sugarbush to Stowe. Country fairs and festivals, car rallys, antiquing, juried Art and Craft Festivals, equestrian and dog shows; wine tasting events. and local theatre productions every weekend. Autumn foliage and Octoberfest! Nearby Waterbury Reservoir has a great beach and kayak rentals. Wide open meadow for kite flying. Nestled between the Worcester Range and Green Mountains, this area is dumped with snow. Ski Stowe, Sugarbush, Smugglers Notch, Mad River and Bolton...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great interim solution before moving into new homeGuest comment entered by owner
Great interim solution before moving into new home
"Dear Karen: We thank you! You have been very patient during our stay, even though we know we were an inconvenience (you had to go to the laundromat). Your apartment has been a great interim solution and you have a gorgeous location - we've enjoyed it. Hope all is in order. Best wishes to you and thanks again!"
- Guest Sharon and Peter, Randolph, Vermont
- Date of stay 05/01/12
- Review Submitted 09/23/12
Lovely as a quiet home base for exploring VermontGuest comment entered by owner
Lovely as a quiet home base for exploring Vermont
"Thank you for the lovely vacation spot! We've never been to Vermont before and we thought that this was the perfect location to have as a home base. We went on hikes, saw several cute towns and ate lots of good food and then got to come "home" to a quiet place to put the baby to sleep! We'll recommend your place to anyone we know who is heading to Vermont. "
- Guest Lindsey & Nathan and Juniper of Minneapolis, MN
- Date of stay 08/14/12
- Review Submitted 09/23/12
$100-125/night $750 per week $1000 per week Thanksgiving,Christmas/New Years and Presidents Holidays $1250 per month from March through September
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 1999
About the owner: My winter activities are snowshoeing and cross country skiing; mostly on my property; As a Master Gardener I have created many gardens that guests are invited to walk among; very private, secluded setting with no other houses in site; very peaceful.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
Complete privacy surrounded by open meadows, long distance views and a woodland garden for strolling.
- Primary: 802-522-7622
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Private entrance to downstairs 2 BR apartment
Fully stocked kitchen w dining area, stove, microwave ,Keurig, toaster oven
Queen sized bed with closet and tall dresser
Bath w/ double sinks, toilet, oversized shower, linen closet, nite light
View of Camels Hump from western deck-open acreage and woods to explore
Deck area with views of Camels Hump, Weber grill
TV area, private entrance, DVD player, closet and addtional sleeping for 2
Full kitchen w/ dining area
Twin beds with clock radio/ipod, double closet with drawers
Eastern view of Worcester Range and Hunger Mountain
Landscaped gardens, porches and decks
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Tuesday, January 29, 2013