Vacation Home in Yosemite Park, Amazing Amenities, Near River!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Wawona cabin description
Located within Yosemite National Park boundaries. Vacation home with large deck overlooking glen with seasonal babbling brook. Perfect spot for reading, relaxing, glass of wine or family game of cards. Just steps from Merced River where you can swim, fish, float on your own personal raft, innertube, hike, or relax. A photographer's paradise. Perfect location for vacation or as base while visiting all the wonders of Yosemite National Park.
Spend less of your vacation time driving and more time enjoying the sights of Yosemite National Park by staying in our home.
Keywords: cabin, house, charming cottage.
- Vacation Rental
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- additional fold out couch in living room (double size bed); towels provided; dish & bath soap provided; garbarge disposal; coffee maker; toaster; hair dryers in both bathrooms; humidifier in hall bathroom; extensive reading library including historical and tourist information on Yosemite National Park and surronding areas; wood provided for fireplace; wall furnace heater; 702 sq. ft. deck opens to wooded glen with seasonal brook & view of the Merced River; GENERATOR on site for seasonal power outages; pet sitter w/references in neighborhood; geocaching; Free domestic & international calls (40 countries) land lines only; laundry facility with in short walking distance....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Water View:
- Rock Climbing
- Ice Skating
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Freshwater Fishing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Fly Fishing
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Ideal location: only yards from the 'wild & scenic' South Fork of the Merced River, swimming holes, fishing and hiking. Privacy on large deck (702 sq. ft.) w/ gas bbq overlooking glen with seasonal babbling brook and private picnic table; great place to enjoy grazing deer, wildlife, birds and wildflowers. Well equipped kitchen w/ dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, and coffee maker. Cozy atmosphere. Extensive library. Wood burning fireplace - wood included. Central air conditioning just installed. Generator for seasonal power outages. Kids love the bunk beds. Short walk to local market, laundry facility, and park information at The Redwoods office. Swimming holes, fishing, hiking, wildlife viewing all with in a short easy walking distance. Close to many attractions: Mariposa Grove (home of California big redwood trees) 6 miles; Glacier Point 28.5 miles; Badger Pass 19.5 miles; Yosemite Valley 22 miles; South Entrance to Yosemite Park 4 miles. There is something for everyone!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Love this cabin! (posted from owner's guest book)Guest comment entered by manager
Love this cabin! (posted from owner's guest book)
We’ve been staying in this cabin for over 10 years. We never tire of playing down by the River, moving granite rocks, boulder hopping, riding inner tubes down the River and watching the local deer! There are always new places to explore, more hikes to try (two favorites are Yosemite Falls and Upper Chilnualna Falls), swimming holes to find and just enjoying nature. In the winter we spend endless hours playing in the snow, going for hikes, playing cards and doing puzzles. If you are staying for your first visit to Yosemite be sure to book an extra day or two – just to enjoy the area around the cabin. We try not to get in the car very much when we stay here – and never get bored. Oh, our Mom and Dad like it too ? K (14) & T (12) San Diego, California
- Guest San Diego, CA
- Date of stay 07/13/10
- Review Submitted 12/14/11
To the wonderful family who shares this cabinGuest comment entered by manager
To the wonderful family who shares this cabin
This is our fourth visit to The Redwoods our third time to cabin #39. We are from Valencia California and travel here with 10 to 12 families each year…….We swim, walk, jog, fish, bike, horse ride, play golf and tennis and relax with our friends. We are ecstatic to arrive and sad to leave…..we have seen bucks, does, bears, raccoons, squirrels and birds. We’ve ridden the mini rapids in our inner tubes at the river, jumped off the bridge and jumped into a cylindrical jumping hole down the river which we discovered 3 years ago. We have everlasting memories of friendship, nature and laughter from our experiences here at Yosemite and in cabin #39 – for this we thank you. Valencia, California
- Guest Family from Valencia, CA
- Date of stay 07/19/10
- Review Submitted 12/13/11
Rates range from: (rate increase June 2012 - cabin rating was upgraded) Low season average rate 303.67/night Mid-season average rate 394.00/night High-season average rate 441.67/night Appropriate taxes not included. Price varies per number of people and time of year Minimum 3 night stay required during major holidays, June, July and August. Contact rental company for details and availability. 1-877-547-7193 Please say “I saw your VRBO listing #387373 for Cabin #39'
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Our family has been enjoying this cabin for three generations. We always find new places to explore and never tire of the natural beauty of the area. We want to share this spectacular experience.
- Primary: +1 1-877-547-7193
Links to more information:
Cabin front located in Yosemite National Park, walk to S. Fork of Merced River.
Private picnic table and seasonal brook located on back side of cabin.
Kitchen and dining area recently upgraded in 2011. We will be replacing the kitchen table & chairs Jan. 2014.
Living area with raised fireplace, extensive library and entertainment area. Some updated furnishings will arrive Jan 2014.
Master bedroom with door to own bathroom with shower.
Hall bath: shower tub, hair dryer, soap, towels and TP provided.
Perfect setting for a cup of coffee, glass of wine alone or with a group.
Spring is incredible here. 2013
Spring time full of daffodils on property. April 2013 we have thousands blooming
Great location to watch deer graze, read a book, gather with family & friends.
Kitchen dining area is open and light. Dine outside under the awning any time.
Second bedroom: bunk bed and full size bed, dresser and closset.
New comfortable outside furniture (April 2012). Great for relaxing!
The perfect place to relax any time of the day or evening!
Merced River is a very short walk from cabin. You can hear it from the deck!
Spring brilliance just off the deck.2013
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 19, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.