Hunting, Fishing, and Family Vacations in Southern Oregon
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:31 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Shady Cove cabin description
A Fabulous 'Hard-core' Fishing Experience or a Fun-Filled Family Vacation in Shady Cove!
Head to the Upper Rogue, just twenty miles from Medford.
-Close to Crater Lake, Lost Creek Lake, Diamond Lake, Fish Lake, Lake of the Woods, and many other mountain lakes
-Relax on either the front or back porch of the cabin and enjoy the deer prancing through the pasture or the gentle breeze cooling the summer night air.
-Let 'Captain' Kim arrange all of your fishing and rafting needs for you. Just tell him what you want to do during your stay at The Eagle's Roost and we'll make sure it happens. We know that once you stay here with your fishing pals, you'll want to return with the entire family. This town truly offers fun for all ages.
-The two-story, rustic (but not too rustic) wood cabin with worry-free 'slate-looking' flooring has a full bathroom (shower/tub) in the lodge style. There is a new toilet, sink and place to bathe a little one or take a shower after a tough day of fishin'.
-There's a handy mudroom off the side porch to store your muddy boots or food.
-Full kitchen with beautiful views to the pasture. YOU will need nothing from home for the kitchen. The kitchen has all of the plates, cups, utensils, pots, pans that you need. There's a coffee bar set up for your early morning pre-fishing cup of java and a brand new, large microwave. Use the four-burner stove or oven to heat up the fabulous pizza that you pick up at Pizza at the
-Leave your towels and sheets at home, we'll take care of that for you. Just bring the bare necessities to The Eagle's Roost.
-This cabin is full of charm, and has two collections of books-one for the outdoorsman and another for the indoorsperson.
-The upstairs sleeping loft is great fun for all with its quilts and little touches of home. There's an empty closet full of hangers for your clothes, a paperback library, and an antique rocking chair to relax. On one side of the staircase is both a king-sized and twin-sized bed. When you walk up the stairs, you'll find the twin sleeper sofa to rest your weary self or weary bags. If need be, it extends to a twin-sized bed. On the other side of the staircase are two quilt-draped cozy queen beds with a picture window in between,
-The downstairs sitting area is very comfy with a deep brown pleather (so you don't have to worry about it) sofa and loveseat, tables all around to hold your hot or cold beverages and an entertainment center with a 42 ' flatscreen TV, but we just know you'll have little time to enjoy it, nor the wi-fi that's available to you.
-The dining gallery is gorgeous. The mango wood table seats four, let us know if you need more seating. It has a two-story ceiling, so you truly feel as if you are somewhere special. Of course, all of those who appreciate hunting will appreciate Kim's treasures.
-Anything you can do at home, DON'T do while in Shady Cove. And if you run out of things to do, just ask your cabinkeepers, Kim and Kathy what should be next on your list. Once you stay at 'The Eagle's Roost,' you'll beg us to reserve your spot for the following year and we will gladly do so for returning guests.
Keywords: Rogue River, River Rafting, Fishing, Hiking, Wine-tasting, Local Lakes, Hellgate Tours, Golf Courses, Crater Lake, near Medford, Ashland, Jacksonville, Prospect, Cabin, Sleeps 5-8 in cozy sleeping loft, Peace, Serenity
- 1100 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
Bedrooms: 0 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- tub/shower, sink, toilet
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Child's Highchair
- Air Conditioning:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Parking Off Street:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Ample parking for multiple vehicles, boats, etc. When you rent this cabin just ask, 'Captain Kim' to set up any fishing guide or equipment needs. The Fishin' Hole, just two miles away is a great place for you to get your license and tackle. Gorgeous setting and trophy fishing section of the Rogue. Just a few miles away to find a Robert Trent Jones golf course in Eagle Point. Crater Lake is 60 miles away and there's plenty of rafting, fishing, sightseeing, antique-ing, and wine-tasting for the shoppers in the bunch and the kiddies will just want to raft and fish. Snow play in nearby Prospect and boating in Lost Creek Lake, just eight miles north of Shady Cove. The cabin has a full kitchen, full-size frig., lodge-decorated bathroom with towels for all, a sitting/TV (42' flatscreen) room with an adjoining dining room with lots of surprises to feast the eyes. The upstairs sleeping loft has the following for your sleeping needs: one king, two queens, one twin, and one twin sleeper....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet:
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Whitewater Rafting
- Medical Services
- Cross Country Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Hunting Small Game
- Massage Therapist
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Bird Watching
- There is so much to do as Shady Cove is the hub of life theatre in Ashland, antique-ing and dining in Jacksonville, wine tasting in the entire Rogue River Valley, a nice eight-mile, relaxing (but definitely some fun rapids) rafting-we can set that up for you too! There is beautiful hiking in the region and fabulous short walks to see magnificent waterfalls in Prospect, home of famous Beckie's Pies. There is the Wildlife Safari drive-through animal park in Winston, and of course the world famous, glorious Crater Lake is a beautiful 60 mile, hour and twenty minute drive from Shady Cove. You must take the kids to good ol' Phil's Frosty in Shady Cove for soft-serve cones, eat at the Rogue River Lodge and shop at Shady Kates Boutique. For all of you fishermen out there, just make sure that you leave the landlocked loved ones with a car. They will find a week's worth of things to do in our town of course, as well as The Big R ranch store in White City, Butte Creek Mill in Eagle Point....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 1 - Mar 31, 2014
31 night min stay
Apr 1 - Jun 1, 2014
31 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
50% reserves deposit.
50% due two weeks prior to visit.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $400
- Taxes Included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Medford International Airport at 20 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 5 at 20 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Mount Ashland at 45 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Eagle Point GC at 10 Miles
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: Kim is a lifetime outdoorsman with a true passion for hunting, fishing, and anything of the outdoor nature. He and his wife, Kathy live on the property which my be very helpful to guests. Kathy likes to catch fish, but spends her fair-weather time fishing either eating or reading. Kim had hunted the area for forty years as his recently deceased brother, Mark (for whom the Eagle's Roost is dedicated) lived in nearby Butte Falls for many years. Kim and Kathy dreamed of buying a house, not only in Shady Cove, but on the river, on Rene Drive, and spent ten years looking for their dream home. When 205 Rene became available, we knew it was US, a bit more US than some of the gorgeous houses on our street. You must take a walk on our beautiful street when you arrive to stretch out those travel-cramped legs. Kathy has been a teacher and school administrator for 27 years (Kim spent 37 years with the City of Santa Clara before retiring in 2007). However life changed in one second in September 2011 as Kathy and Kim were still unpacking boxes and moving in when Kathy was diagnosed with breast cancer. She is looking forward to a long life with Kim and becoming involved with the youth in Shady Cove.
Why the Owner Chose Shady Cove:
Both Kim and Kathy absolutely love this section of the river, the town and people of Shady Cove, and Steelhead Ranch! We feel completely blessed to have been able to purchase this beautiful house and had a vision for the cabin as it became The Eagle's Roost in June of 2011. Kim's brother, Mark loved eagles and we felt that this was an appropriate name for the cabin and we think you will too as the sleeping loft is truly an area for you to roost and rest for the night.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Fishing, hiking, river rafting, sightseeing, wildflower seeking, shopping, antique-ing, golfing, wine-tasting, and just plain relaxing are the benefits of staying at Eagle's Roost.
- Primary: 650-464-3315
- Secondary: 541-878-3315
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - great place for dinner, beautiful setting
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Eagle's Roost, best fishing cabin in the state!
A bit of everything, the living and dining rms., kitchen, and pasture!
One side of the sleeping loft-the two queens and the picture window!
Little boy, big fishie
Fly fishing with the Fishing Hole guide!
The living and dining rooms. 42' flatscreen is on left-hand wall.
Looking from the loft to the gorgeous dining gallery!
The wonderful, charming, kitchen filled with everything you need!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Monday, November 11, 2013
0 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.