Oceanfront Condo-Ask About Our Great Summer Rates!!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Maalaea condo description
Our ground floor condo is just steps away from the ocean, pool and jacuzzi in quiet Maalaea Bay. Enjoy the ocean breezes and the sound of the sea at our little piece of paradise. A short walk down our quiet street and you'll find yourself on on Sugar Beach, a beautiful seven-mile long white sand beach perfect for enjoying the sunset or a romantic stroll under the moonlight. Our one bedroom condo with sofa bed accommodates 4 guests comfortably. Just steps from our patio door you will find the pool, Jacuzzi and BBQ area.
There is a queen size bed in the master bedroom and another queen size sofa bed in the living room. The kitchen is fully equipped with dishwasher, washer and dryer and everything needed to enjoy your holiday whether dining in or out.
Our best amenity… location, location, location!
One thing that makes our condo at Maalaea Banyans so special is our breathtaking view. Whether watching a glorious sunset into the ocean or simply listening to the surf while reading a book; there simply is no better spot to unwind.
Because the waters and reefs of Maalaea are important to many marine species, Maalaea Bay is part of the National Humpback Whale Marine Sanctuary - a favorite mating and birthing grounds for the endangered Humpbacks. Green Sea Turtles browse reefs that border the harbor entrance. In season, whales can be viewed from the condo grounds just outside our patio door.
Another great plus is that there are plenty of things to keep you busy in Maalaea all within a short walk from the condo. You can begin with a morning snorkeling or whale-watching cruise followed by an afternoon visit to the Maui Ocean Center. You can end the day with an evening sunset walk on Maalaea Beach and then dinner at one of the harbor area's excellent restaurants.
Maalaea Bay is also centrally located to so many of Maui’s fabulous attractions via car. The Maalaea District of Maui is located in Central Maui about six miles south of Wailuku, where the Honoapi'ilani Highway (Hwy 30) reaches the south coast.
Things to do within walking distance; (.3 mi/7 min walk)
• Maalaea Beach is approximately three miles in length and stretches from Maalaea Harbor on the west to Sugar Beach on the east.
• Sugar Beach is a beautiful seven-mile long beach running all the way to Kihea from Maalaea.
• Formerly a commercial port Maalaea Harbor now hosts a marina where many cruise and pleasure boats dock. Among the boats that dock here are whale watching cruise boats as well as those that offer snorkeling trips to Molokini Atol.
• Families fish off the harbor wall or spear fish on nearby reefs.
• When a robust south swell hits Maui, surfers from far and near head for Maalaea to have a chance to experience the tubular perfection of one of the world's fastest rideable waves - the legendary Maalaea Pipeline wave.
• Beginners can learn to surf at Maalaea's Buzz's Wharf surf break. Outrigger canoe clubs take shelter and rest on the Harbor's small beach.
• The area is home to eight restaurants beginning with the highly acclaimed Waterfront Restaurant located in the Milowai Condominium. It has received a 5-star rating from Honolulu Magazine, placed first in the Maui News' annual survey for 'best service' and 'best seafood.'
• Buzz's Wharf Restaurant is a local landmark at the harbor's edge featuring excellent and moderately food.
• Other options include The Blue Marlin, Bamboo Bistro, Capiche, Maalaea Grill and the Maalaea Seascape Restaurant.
Maalaea Harbor Shops:
• The Maalaea Harbor Shops have now attracted several excellent retailers and restaurants.
• You can now find Maui Dive Shop, Hula Cookies and Ice Cream, and Moonbow Tropics along with the Pacific Whale Foundation's Ocean Discovery Store and the Ocean Science Discovery Center where you'll find a self-guided exhibit area with hands-on activities for adults and children; informational displays, marine artifacts and free educational literature about the ocean.
Kealia National Wildlife Refuge:
• This refuge provides 700 acres of some of the last remaining natural wetland habitat in Hawaii.
• Kealia Pond is nearly 250 acres when full. The refuge is home to endangered native water birds, and hosts migratory ducks and shorebirds in fall, winter, and spring.
• The refuge is adjacent to Kealia Beach, which is a nesting ground for the endangered hawksbill turtle. An interpretive kiosk and boardwalk viewing area found along the beach and refuge mudflats.
Maui Ocean Center:
• The Maui Ocean Center rivals the National Aquarium in Baltimore as one of the finest we have seen. Your visit to the Center begins with The Living Reef where you walk through the various regions of a reef and learn about the many and varied creatures that make the reef their home. Don't miss those moray eels.
• The final exhibit takes you past the largest tank in the aquarium and then through a clear acrylic tunnel where the creatures of the ocean swim on all sides of you.
Distances from Maalaea to…
Kahului Airport 8.8 miles
Kihea 7 miles
Wailea/Makena 14 miles
Lahaina 15 miles
Kaanapali 19.5 miles
Kapalua 25 miles
Haliimaile General Store 31 miles
Haleakala National Park
Visitor Center 44 miles
Hana 70 miles
Keywords: Renovated ground floor condo with beautiful views just steps away from the ocean, walking distance to Sugar Beach a 7 mile long sandy beach, retail shops and restaurants within easy 7 minute walk, harbor with snorkeling and fishing just a few blocks away, enjoy the pool, jacuzzi and BBQ just off your lanai, ocean breezes, whale watching, quiet street, the sound of waves splashing on the sea wall... heaven on Maui!
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
- Queen size Beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking Off Street:
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Broadband Access
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Water View
- Mountain View
- Ocean View
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
ReviewsWrite a review
Perfect beach front condo
Perfect beach front condo
We enjoyed falling asleep to the sounds of the waves crashing every night and sitting on our walk out patio drinking wine and coffee. The condo is perfect and has everything you need! I'll never forget this beautiful place because we ended up getting engaged while visiting here!
- Guest natalie (oahu)
- Date of stay 07/19/13
- Review Submitted 07/28/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, people with disabilities, age 55+, girls getaway.
Owner response: Dear sweet Natalie, I am so excited for you!!! Congratulations to you both, I hope you have many wonderful years together and many blessings in your future...Thank you for your kind words and I do hope that you will come and stay with us again, maybe for your anniversary, take care and enjoy life, Kimberly Foss
The condo is neat and clean with an incredible view out the back sliding glass door. Being on the ground floor gives easy access to the pool and barbecue area. The kitchen is well-equipped, and cooking and grilling there can save a lot of money. Also, there are plenty of towels to go around, and having a washer and drier helps reduce what you need to pack. The location in Maui is perfect for anyone wanting to explore the island- be sure to rent a jeep if you plan to cruise around! We had a blast and hope to come back again sometime!
- Guest HiSpdLoDrg (Lynchburg, VA)
- Date of stay 06/10/13
- Review Submitted 06/16/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, adventure seekers.
Owner response: Aloha John, Thank you for your very kind words, I am glad that you and your friends had a great time in beautiful Maui and enjoyed the condo and its location on the Island. I hope you give us a call whenever your in the area, fly safe and blessings, Kimberly
just came home last night from this beautiful condo, LOVED IT! Was nice they had fruit basket, fresh coffee, even cold beer someone had left! Another nice thing is, they leave condiments ect, in fridge, also plastic wrap. Few things that I always forget to buy. Very quiet location, didn't see any kids, not that we would mind:) Nice beach down the lane, great sandwich shop on the harbor across from boats. Happy hour at the waterfront resturant is fantastic also. Will for sure stay again, thanks to owners for sharing this lovley place:)
- Guest jillybean (chilliwack b.c)
- Date of stay 04/17/13
- Review Submitted 04/26/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, people with disabilities, age 55+, families with teenagers, families with young children.
Owner response: Thank you Jill for your kind words, We are so glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and can't wait to have you stay again!! Take care until then, Mahalo Kimberly
Maui St Patrick's Day 2013
Maui St Patrick's Day 2013
Perfect place to explore West Maui. Easy to get in and out of. Beach short walk. Sound of ocean all night. Loved it!
- Guest CW (Kansas)
- Date of stay 03/16/13
- Review Submitted 03/24/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, people with disabilities, age 55+, girls getaway, adventure seekers.
Owner response: Thank you Cathy, for your kind words, I am so glad you were able to have your own little getaway, I am very pleased to hear that you had fun and thank you again for our "cheers" toast on St. Patty's Day, we were there with you in spirt...lol, take care, Kimberly
We had a great time at the condo. The ground floor has it's advantages and disadvantages. It was great for going to the pool and hot tub but lacked privacy with the curtains open. The condo location is the best. We saw tons of whales right off the lanai and enjoyed walking on the beach every morning and walking to town for happy hour or dinner. Good central location for all Maui sites but a rental car is a must. The welcome basket was delightful and very much appreciated!! Booking and asking questions was very simple and landlord is quick to respond.
- Guest E&J (California)
- Date of stay 03/08/13
- Review Submitted 03/18/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
Owner response: Thank you Elaine for your kind words, they are very much appreciated, We are so glad that you had a wonderful stay and that there were lots of whales passing by during your visit. Thank you again, Kimberly
The property in in an excellent location in Central Maui, only minutes from the airport & close to all ammenities. It is a great spot to relax & use as a home base to tour the entire island. Fantastic whale watching opportunities right from the lanai. I would highly recommend it.
- Guest Tom (Ottawa Ontario Canada)
- Date of stay 01/22/13
- Review Submitted 02/01/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+.
Owner response: Thank you for your kind words Tom, I am glad that you and Leslei had a wonderful stay and we do hope that you can stay with us again. Take care and have a great year, The Foss Family
We had a great time!! Everything was exactly as we were told. Lovely sitting out on the lanai eating meals and watching the surf. Enjoyed walking to Maalaea for a meal and walking on the beach. Kim was prompt with getting all the information to us.
- Guest Greta (Minnesota)
- Date of stay 06/20/12
- Review Submitted 06/26/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, families with teenagers, families with young children.
Owner response: Thank you Greta, your kindness is very much appreciated, I am so glad you and your family had a wonderful stay!! Hope all went well with your stay with your brother as well.
Accomodations were just as described. Great view. Hosts were most helpful and directions were perfect. We would recommend this to friends; Very clean and well equipted. The Acquarium is within walking distance and is good. Beach Busters has $3:50 MaiTai happy hour.
- Guest Lynn (Rocton,IL)
- Date of stay 03/08/12
- Review Submitted 03/19/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, people with disabilities, age 55+.
Owner response: I am so happy that your stay was a pleasant one. I was glad to hear that you saw so many whales on your visit. Thank you for your kind words about the condo and i hope you can come and stay again, Mahalo, The Foss'
****** Nightly rental starting at $130.00/or a week starting from $910.00 ****** April/May/June/Sept/Oct/Nov 1-22/Dec 1-22 @ $130.00/night Nov 23-31/Dec 23-31/Jan/Feb/Mar/July/August @ $150.00/night Taxes: All rates are subject to applicable Hawaii State Taxes: Currently 4.167% General Excise Tax and Transient Accommodations Tax @ 9.25% One time check out/clean fee @ $90.00 *No refunds 2 weeks prior to visit *Non refundable deposit within 1 month of visit
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Primary: 760-917-5413
- Secondary: 760-630-6046
Links to more information:
Renovated pool area
Renovated kitchen for more counter space!!
view from bedroom door
Renovated bathroom with granite countertop
Beautiful view from the lanai
Kitchen view to living room and lanai
View From the Lanai
Maalaea Banyons layout
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Friday, December 06, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.