Crystal R. Waterfall Views, All Mountains, in Secluded Marble
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Marble farmhouse description
Stay in “Bleu’s Marble Retreat” house, built by legendary Marble Artist Bleu Stroud, and sip your morning tea or coffee on a deck cantilevered into a gorge above the Crystal River, with the sounds of rushing water below and views of mountain peaks above.
You can see a 100-foot waterfall to the south of this quaint, 1960s, sprawling, 3,000 SF farmhouse, located past Beaver Lake, next to a high-mountain meadow in the sunniest spot in Marble. Bleu’s house is cozy, clean, and comfortable, with a full kitchen, five bedrooms, three bathrooms, patios, walkways and decks.
Tenants tend to be artists and people wanting to get-away, desiring a peaceful, quiet, simple, no-frills existence, in a truly special, imaginary location, where they can listen to the rush of the Crystal River all day and night. The home sits on 9 acres of land with dozens of magical places to explore, or where you can relax and disappear into the Aspen groves for the day. The property offers numerous rigorous and easy hikes, and unbelievable 360 degree views.
Bleu’s house is located at the bottom of Daniel’s Hill, leading to historic Crystal City and Lead King Basin. It has been a home to artists and musicians since it was built in the 1960s.
Marble is located at the end of the Crystal River Valley at an elevation of 8000’. In 1911, Marble was a thriving, quintessential ‘Wild West’ town, as depicted in the Hollywood movie, "Paint Your Wagon,” with more than 1,000 residents - adventurers, thrill seekers, gold miners, outlaws.
Today, Marble is home to 100 residents from diverse backgrounds, drawn to its scenic splendor and its remote location. It is located in the heart of the White River National Forest, which has more 14,000-ft mountain peaks than any other designation in the United States.
The Yule Marble Quarry, source of the marble for the Lincoln Memorial and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, is a short distance from town. Past Bleu’s Marble House, is the Crystal Mill, built over the Crystal River in 1892 to generate compressed air. The Crystal Mill is the most photographed spot in Colorado. Nearby is Lizard Lake, thought to be the crater of an old volcano of unknown depth. The local lakes and rivers are stocked with trout and are accessible by foot or jeep.
Lead King Basin has spectacular scenery, wild flowers in August and September, and many hiking trails. Redstone is 13 miles and 20 minutes from Marble. Redstone is a village of Victorian style homes built in the 1880s by mineral magnate John C. Osgood as the "ideal community" for his coal workers. Presently it is a thriving artist's community, tourist attraction, and home of the lavish, renowned Redstone Inn. Only one hour away is Aspen, with its shopping and countless outdoor hikes in areas such as Maroon Bells (most photographed mountain in the world), biking, gondola rides to the top of the mountain, and gourmet dining. Glenwood Springs is an easy 45-minute drive to river rafting and the famous Glenwood Hot Springs, the largest hot springs pool in the world, and where the legendary Doc Holiday died.
Bleu’s Marble Retreat rents rooms to individuals on a short or long term basis, or for groups attending the Marble/Marble Symposium, the Lead King Loop 25K and the CPA fly-in. We also cater to weddings or family reunions and rent rooms on a nightly, weekly or monthly basis, depending on availability. We have ample parking, artists are especially welcome, special rates for Marble Symposium students and staff,.
Keywords: Marble, Crystal River, waterfall views, mountains, secluded, Colorado, Carbondale, Redstone, riverfront, decks, remote, spectacular
- Vacation Rental
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 12-14
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Shared Kitchen
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Wood Fireplace
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Wood Stove
- “Bleu’s Marble Retreat” was built in stages, starting in the early 1960s, by legendary Marble Artist Bleu Stroud, and has been a haven for artists ever since, recently the home of singer/songwriter Jessa Young. The home sits on the southern edge of a 5-acre field and and a steep gorge overlooking the Crystal River, where you can sip your morning tea or coffee on a deck cantilevered into the wilderness. You can see a 100-foot waterfall to the south of this quaint, 1960s, sprawling, 3,000 SF farmhouse, located past Beaver Lake in the sunniest spot in Marble. House is clean, cozy and comfortable, full kitchen and bathrooms, patios, walkways and decks. Tenants share kitchen facilites, or may rent entire home when available. Our tenants tend to be people desiring to get away, peace, quiet, a simple, no-frills existence in a truly special, imaginary location, where they can hear the rush of the Crystal River all day and night. Numerous, amazing hikes, unbelievable 360 degree views....moreless
- Pool Table
- CD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Water View
- Cross Country Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Property is close to Beaver Lake and canoes are available. Horseback riding, 4-wheel tour rides to the historic town of Crystal (Colorado’s most photographed spot) and lead King Basin are nearby). In the winter, snow shoeing, Telemark skiing, cross-country skiing, iceskating and snowmobiling are also nearby....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
ROOMS: SHORT-TERM: $60 per night or $400/week (Symposium students receive discount) LONG TERM: $500/month, 6-month lease BLEU’S MARBLE RETREAT IS ALSO AVAILABLE TO GROUPS OF 15-20 PEOPLE. PLEASE CALL FOR THESE RATES. DEPOSIT OF %25 REQUIRED AND BALANCE DUE UPON CHECKING IN $100 PET DEPOSIT REQUIRED
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2001
About the owner: Owner is a contractor/property manager and father of four kids who lives 30 miles away in Carbondale.
Why the Owner Chose Marble:
Spectacular location, no place like Marble on earth, no home of property like Bleu’s Marble House anywhere.
The Unique Benefits at this Farmhouse:
Located on the edge of a gorge looking down at the Crystal River, listen peacefully to the sounds of rushing water below, or hike to National Park-quality views within minutes.
- Primary: 970-640-9600
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View to south capturing a fraction of the beauty
Winter shot looking north
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 27, 2012