VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
AVAILABLE FOR MAY, & OCT 2015 - BOOK A MONTH NOW! Enjoy this spacious and tastefully remodelled 900 square foot 1 bedroom unit, located on the sixth floor of a premier 20 storey Diamond Head beachfront building - the Colony Surf. Take in breathtaking views of Diamond Head, palm trees, beach and surf all in one magnificent panorama, while sipping a morning coffee, or a late afternoon sundowner. The apartment temperature and air is always refreshingly comfortable with natural cross-ventilation. Ceiling fans in the living and bedroom areas can also augment cross-ventilation when needed. Because of the building’s orientation, sunshine only comes into the unit during morning and mid-afternoon and the apartment stays comfortable at all times by adjusting the shutters and jalousy windows.
The separate bedroom has a California King bed (70 inches wide), with bedside lamps, ceiling pot lights, phone and ceiling fan. Bedside tables provide three drawers each, plus a three drawer and a six drawer cabinet provide considerable storage space for clothes and personal items for two people. Burber carpeting was selected for bedroom comfort. The rest of the apartment has Italian ceramic tile flooring to give a fresh and bright appearance. The bedroom has a private access to the bathroom. The bedroom shutters on the Makai (ocean) side of the bedroom, and on the Mauka (Mountain) side of the bathroom provide a great cool breeze in the evening, very refreshing for sleeping.
The bathroom features a large clothes closet plus a towel and linen closet with a stacking washer and dryer. The bathroom is equipped with his ‘n’ her sinks and two large under-the-counter cabinets for toiletries and other personal items. A full-size bath tub and shower are also provided. The second entrance to the bathroom leads to the kitchen area, and provides a large utility closet with beach chairs, vacuum cleaner, ironing board, cleaning supplies, light bulbs, shopping cart and bags.
The kitchen and bathroom were designed with matching granite countertops in a lava/sand motif. The kitchen has been equipped with everything one might anticipate needing, including all major appliances, a kitchen island, minor appliances such as blenders, cuisenart slicer/dicer, coffee makers, carving set, knife sharpener, can openers, etc. The kitchen has a full complement of china, glassware, and quality cutlery, pots, pans, baking dishes, wok, rice cooker, slow cooker, and cooking utensils to meet requirements of nearly any recipe.
The ‘Office’ is a tidy area with six foot high teak bookcase and sliding doors, that separates the office from the kitchen. A teak and bamboo desk faces the mirrored wall to provide any hard-working individual sitting at the desk with a panorama of palm trees, surfing, and ships sailing by – what a way to work! WIFI, DSL and telephone are connected here.
Finally, the living room area is defined by two large couches, facing out to the ocean, over a large square glass-topped coffee table on an area carpet, with a 39 inch flat screen TV and a Sony blue ray DVD/CD player on one side, so be sure to bring some of your favorites along! The living room extends across the width of the apartment windows (30 feet), to create a reading nook that has become a favorite viewing spot for our guests, whether it is people watching, reading, or just taking in the view!
Keywords: Condo, 1 bedroom (Sleeps 2), 1 bath PLEASE NOTE: Minimum One Month (30 day) rental requirement; Rates: Nov - Mar $ US 3800/month & Apr - Oct $ 3500/month plus one time cleaning fee plus Hawaii State taxes of 13.962%.
Deluxe Condo location on Waikiki’s very desirable ‘Gold Coast’. This 900 square foot unit is completely remodeled in a Mediterranean style with large Italian ceramic tile flooring, white interiors, offset with teak, rattan and bamboo furnishings, and Asian and Polynesian artworks. A separate private master bedroom is also a unique feature of this unit.
- Cable TV with 39” LCD flat screen
- Sony blue ray DVD/CD player
- ‘Office’ with teak and bamboo bookcase and desk, internet access (WIFI & DSL)
- Telephone answering machine and Local calls are free; long distance calls require a calling card
- In unit front loading Bosch washer and dryer
- California King bed
- Large bathroom with his ‘n’ hers sinks, full-size tub and shower
- Fully updated kitchen featuring all major and minor appliances
- Complimentary parking stall assigned upon request
We have an extensive swap library available off the Front Desk office...moreless
Tenants pay rent (3500 - 3800 plus 13.962% + $500 refundable, plus $150 45 days prior to occupancy.
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
- Colony Surf is semi-private Diamond Head beachfront (swimming, surfing,snorkeling) on Kalakaua Ave bordering Kapiolani Park (great for running, tennis, archery, hiking)
- The Outrigger Canoe Club and the Elks Club are adjacent properties
- Michele’s world renowned restaurant is in the Colony Surf off the lobby
- Other quality restaurants are minutes away at The Niia Otani Kaimana and the Lotus at Diamond Head
- Waikiki Aquarium, Honolulu Zoo, Tennis, Ala Wai Golf Course, and Diamond Head Crater are just short walks away
- Some of the best surfing on the South shore can be viewed from our unit
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: My wife and I are retired professionals who have been coming to Hawaii almost every winter for the past 38 years. During those visits, we have stayed at most of the beachfront hotel and rental property along Waikiki including the Ilikai, Hilton, Sheraton, Waikiki Beachcomber, Waikiki Shores, Sans Souci, and of course the Colony Surf Apartments. We rented at the Colony Surf for five years and we just knew that we wanted to have a place of our own at the Colony surf for a major part of our retirement activities.
Why the Owner Chose Colony Surf: We chose to buy at Colony Surf Apartments for two main reasons: the QUALITY of the building,and LOCATION.
1) QUALITY - it is an extremely well-constructed concrete building, and units are amenable to be completely remodelled; we relished being able to remodel and re-design the unit for our convenience, comfort and life-style 2) LOCATION: It is a beachfront property, with a swimmer's entrance and beach entrance showers; Direct access to the semi-private beach shared with the Outrigger Canoe Club; surfing, swimming and kayaking are at our front door; We can (and do) beach walk and swim nearly 4 miles from the Colony Surf to the Hilton Lagoon and back on the Waikiki beaches and seawalls; Ideal retirement location, parking included; Many available amenities including Kapiolani Park and Diamond Head just behind us.
The Unique Benefits at this Tower: All of the highrise buildings on the Gold Coast were constructed in the late 1950's and early 1960's. In the late 1960's, the City and County of Honolulu put a moratorium on high rise construction along the Diamond Head Gold Coast, and limited new building construction to 3 stories (30 feet). The unique benefit is that our viewscapes over the Outrigger and Elks Clubs can never be compromised. It is a peaceful location, but conveniently located next to Kapiolani Park for walking into Waikiki (15 minutes) or jogging (2 miles once around the park). Another unique benefit is that we both lose weight doing our regular Waikiki beach walk /swims! Finally, as we do our walk and swim, we have made many wonderful friends and aquaintances among the regular 'snowbirds' and locals that provides some great daily socializing!