Period House Caragh Lake, Killorglin, Killarney Co. Kerry
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:6 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Caragh Lake chateau / country house description
You will fall in love with this charming Victorian House at first sight when you reach it at the end of a long avenue of bluebells, flowering shrubs and canopy of trees.There is a harmonious ease between the house and its 4 acres of mature trees and lawns with its courtyard and walled garden, the large south facing patio/terrace overlooking the famous Caragh Lake and Ireland's highest mountain Carrantuohil.
The House itself was built in 1860 on the land once owned by the Denny family .
Recently refurbished, the house is finished in limestone and carpet , warm muted colors,antique furniture, rugs and soft furnishings.
This is a wonderful place to get together and relax. There are lots of individual spaces for quiet times..
The house is fitted with modern bathrooms sympathetically blended to this rustic setting.
The house accommodates family , living and dining rooms, kitchen, numerous bathrooms and six large bedrooms. A great home for the larger family or family get together.
All the main rooms face South overlooking the lawn and lake and mountains.
Upstairs five large bedrooms, some are situated overlooking the lawn and lake, the other overlooks the ancient coach yard.. There are two bathrooms and a shower room on this floor.
The sixth bed room consists of a bed living suite and is located on the main floor and leads out onto the lawn.
Total bedrooms six , ample bathrooms and generous living and dining spaces .
E -mail us for availability, calender not used.
Keywords: Period House. Victorian Hunting House. Character Country House. Modernised Ring of Kerry. Killarney, Lake. Ocean. County Kerry Ireland.
- 5000 sq. ft.
- Chateau / Country House
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- King size beds (3), Queen size Beds (3)
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Wood Stove:
- Parking Off Street:
- Washing Machine:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Victorian House, sympathetically modernised, The house has numerous working fireplaces, bathrooms, jacuzzi, large baths, power showers. South facing patio overlooks lawn and lake. Restaurants; There are excellent restaurants in nearby Killorglin and Killarney, traditional irish, Italian, Spanish Wine bar in a converted Church, coffee shops and others in pubs. In Cromane :'Jack's' is a special sea food restaurant with music in the evenings. It is located in a converted 'Coast Guard Station' and is a must visit. Glenbeigh has a number of hotel restaurant bars, and local pubs. nearer to the house visit the 'Red Fox ' and the Kerry Bog Village where it explains the nature of the Irish Bog. All your shopping needs are catered for in local town of Killorglin....moreless
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Jetted Tub
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Mountain Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- We are available to assist you in all your queries and organise walking, archeological or other tours for you. Adjacent Caragh Lake, few minutes drive long sandy beach with vast sand dunes, on the Ring of Kerry, many golf courses , Dukes few minutes drive, great local restaurants one to walk to, pubs, shops all you need , can arrange with ample notice in house catering service, irish and vegetarian speciality, locally caught fresh fish, local sourced lamb and beef. Great local fish shop in Killorglin. Also great butcher Burkes in Killorglin. Activities include all lake and ocean activities, mountaineering, kyaking, horse back riding on the local beach for experienced and those a little less experienced, walking on the Kerry Way, archeology tours many ruins and sites to see, famine village within a mornings walk from house and much much more depending on your taste. There are great restaurants locally. Twhe local Carrig Hotel serves great food, or if you like ancient house try the Ard na Sidhe Gues House near by, Jack' s at Cromanr great place with fabolous piano player on weekends, there is the Tapas Bar in Killorglin and Two fine restaurants adjacent to it one Irish the other Italian....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great house for family gatherings
Great house for family gatherings
Ted and Shirley were very helpful with out check in, and gave us loads of great hints and tips on what to do in the area. The house has a lovely garden for children to play in completely safely, and a fruit growing area which we were able to help ourselves to. All the bedrooms were great sizes, with mainly king beds and very comfortable. Loads of living space and a very well stocked kitchen, make this a very easy house to spend time in. The bathrooms are a bit limited unless you all know each other well, but for a family gathering there is enough space for everyone. Very well located just outside Glenbeigh and swimming in the lake was a joy.
- Guest sarajane b. (godalming)
- Date of stay 07/13/13
- Review Submitted 07/28/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
6 night min stay
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Shannon at 65 Miles
- Nearest Train: Killarney at 20 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Caragh Lake and further Rossbay at 50 Metres
- Nearest Golf: Dukes at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Carraigh House at 300 Metres
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
Relaxation, stress free, quiet, beautiful calm place, overlooks lake, few minutes drive to the wild Atlantic, close to Killarney National Park. Great for your family gathering.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front Entrance , view from avenue.
Terrace with dining table .Overlooks lawn and lake.
King bed overlooking lawn and lake.
Bed Room with fireplace.
Dining and Living Room, baby grand piano and fireplace.
Garden, view of house from south , conservatory and terrace.
View from master bedroomsuite.
Main bathroom and shower room beyond.
Breakfast room and kitchen beyond.
Lake two minutes walk from house.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Sunday, May 26, 2013
6 Bedroom / 3.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.