A Touch of Provence Near Spas, Dining, Golf, Beaches!Sleeps 8
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Carmel Valley house description
In the heart of wedding & wine country, enjoy your vacation get-away in sun-drenched Carmel Valley conveniently located near world-class golf courses, spas & boutique wineries with intimate tasting rooms and fine dining.
This property is ideal for 2-4 couples or 4 singles seeking a special place to enjoy a girl's or guys get away on the Monterey Peninsula. Stunning mountain views, lush lavender and rose gardens & privacy are yours to enjoy within minutes of the quaint village of Carmel-by-the-Sea and its white sand beach. Take advantage of the nearby outdoor adventures including golf, hiking, cycling, kayaking, sailing, horseback riding & other outdoor activities offered in and around the Monterey Bay. Enjoy wine tasting and al fresco dining minutes from the property or relax and rejuvenate at the nearby spas.
We invite you to experience a memorable stay here at this casually elegant single level, open floor plan custom home of approximately 3800 sq. ft. featuring four bedrooms each with own ensuite bath. The fully equipped Chef's kitchen includes granite-topped center island with double refrigeration drawers, a second dishwasher drawer & seating for three. French 5-burner commercial style range, Viking wall convection oven with microwave above, warming drawer below, Side-by-side Sub Zero refers in French-style armoire (with four lower freezer drawers & ice maker), Viking full dishwasher next to deep apron-fronted sink complete the chef's kitchen. Sub Zero wine fridge in butler’s pantry & a walk-in food pantry offers plenty of easy storage as well.
'Great room' includes fireplace, sectional sofa, 46'' flat screen with Blu-ray & Netflix, & 60” glass dining table for six that is perfect for a casual meal or used as a game table. Grand French-style wood-burning fireplace, designer furnishings & elegantly rustic formal dining table for 6 complete the separate living room with 12’ beamed ceilings and French doors that open onto patio. Separate laundry room with front-loading washer/dryer and limestone counter tops and door to parking area. Special amenities include radiantly heated stone & wood floors throughout, ambient lighting, and over head speakers.
The entry is gated (automatic) & the grounds are landscaped with a Mediterranean bouquet of lavender, sage, roses & beautiful California Pepper trees amidst the back drop of the lovely Carmel Valley hills reminiscent of Provence!
Carmel Valley Ranch, Bernardus Lodge, Holman Ranch, Quail Lodge, Carmel Mission & Holly Farm are within minutes of the property making this a perfect and convenient place to stay when in town to attend weddings. Sought after location to enjoy great weather & convenience to the greater Monterey Peninsula!
- 3800 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- The private Master Suite features Eastern king bed with fine linens, remote-controlled fireplace, sitting area with lovely views, flat screen T.V., smaller walk-in closet, private 'secret' garden for a quiet morning coffee for two. Bedroom 2: The second largest bedroom has California king pillowtop bed, antique pine & wicker Ralph Lauren furniture, flat screen T.V. & views to private garden and sunrises. The third bedroom is smaller but adequate for 1-2 people and has California king bed, antique dresser & bedside tables & views of the gardens. 4th bedroom is the smallest & the coziest with queen bed with country pine side tables, flat screen T.V. & ensuite bath....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Spa-like master bath with Air-tub, double shower heads in extra-large walk-in shower, two sinks & vanity, separate w.c., flat-screen t.v. imported nickle fixtures, limestone surfacing. Baths 1 has deep soaking tub, large walk-in shower, sink vanity w/imported nickle fixtures,limestone. Baths 2 & 3 feature limestone glass-enclosed showers, one vanity with sink & one pedestal sink both with Waterworks imported fixtures, radiantly heated limestone flooring, custom cabinets....moreless
Kitchen & Dining
Chef's kitchen center granite island & seating for 3, 2 sinks, La Cornue 5-burner gas range, Viking wall oven, two dishwashers, two Sub-Zero refrigerators/freezers, Sub Zero drawer & wine refers, warming drawer & microwave....moreless
- Cooking Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Living Room seats 6:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Parking Off Street:
- Sun-drenched and privately gated 2.5 flat acres within minutes of the world-famous Carmel-by-the-Sea and Carmel beaches. Very private & sunny patio with 60' round dining table/umbrella seats 6-8 surrounded by lovely mountain views and beautiful gardens & green lawns providing private and secure play areas for children (badmitten set upon request).Great spaces for entertaining. Newer construction with high end amenities including radiantly heated floors throughout, music/TV with overhead speakers throughout primary rooms with remote controls (five flat-screen T.V's in family room and in most bedrooms & master bath) separate laundry room with front loading new washer/dryer, utility sink and utility/coat closet, security system, central vacuum system, ambient dimmer lighting....moreless
- Music Library:
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Wireless Internet:
- Broadband Access:
- Mobile Phone:
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Pier Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Roller Blading
- Rock Climbing
- Basketball Court
- Mountain Biking
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Jet Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Winery Tours
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Outlet Shopping
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Fitness Center
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Whale Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Our property is located in the sweet spot on the Peninsula renowned for it's fine weather & spectacular scenery reminiscent of the Tuscan countryside. We are just down the road from Earthbound Farms for organic shopping/picnicking, a boutique farmer's market, the world-class golf resorts at Quail Lodge, Tehama, Carmel Valley Ranch (great 'happy hours') & Rancho Canada. Many other activities & excursions are all within 1 to 12 minutes of the property like hiking, horseback riding, cycling, & fly fishing on the Carmel River to name only a few close by. Spend an afternoon at the hydrothermal spa at 'Refuge' within a 5-minute drive, lunch or dinner at Zagat-rated Cafe Rustica or casual dining at 'Wickets' Bistro at Bernardus Lodge that also offers an unparallelled Spa experience. Baja Cantina for Southwestern/Mexican cuisine & the best margaritas in town with live music on the weekends is a local favorite. Bucolic Garland Regional Park on the Carmel river is a perfect place for picnicking & hiking or just a walk & is a few minutes drive East of the property. Point Lobos State Reserve is one of the most spectacular places to visit on the Peninsula for it's exquisite coastal scenery and sea otter. You are within 15 minutes of the Monterey Bay Aquarium, kayaking excursions, sailing and fishing charters on the Monterey Bay, and Pebble Beach for World-famous golf and sight-seeing & cycling along the breath-taking 17-Mile Drive. The 'last home town' of Pacific Grove is an easy 15 minute drive to the coast where antiquing is a favorite activity and Cannery Row in Monterey is not to be missed. Big Sur is our coastal gem & is 45 minutes south offering a spectacular drive down the wild coast of Big Sur for destination hiking & dining at 'Ventana', 'Nepenthe', or Post Ranch Inn. There is so much to enjoy near by that you will want to return here again and again and we will look forward to welcoming you here to your own piece of paradise and to the beautiful Monterey Peninsula!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Delightful property! Clearly the owners take great pride in this home. Although close to many activities, you feel like you have escaped.
- Guest Pajaro282 (Oakland, Ca)
- Date of stay 09/19/13
- Review Submitted 09/24/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+.
Memorable stay in Carmel Valley
Memorable stay in Carmel Valley
We had a wonderful girls weekend at Pepperwood. The house is stunning and wonderfully located in Carmel Valley. Each guest had her own bedroom and en suite bathroom. We were able to dine outdoors in the sunshine amidst the beautiful gardens. The house was fully equipped with everything we needed. We couldn't have been happier.
- Guest Betsy (Tiburon, CA)
- Date of stay 04/26/13
- Review Submitted 04/29/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, people with disabilities, age 55+, girls getaway.
Great weekend in Carmel!
Great weekend in Carmel!
Four couples just returned from a fun weekend in Carmel at Pepperwood! What a gorgeous house and so well equipped. The decor of the entire house was superb. Everything at this property is first class. The yard is specially beautiful with so many blooming plants. The beds were super comfortable and the linens are very high end. There was plenty of room foe everyone and having an ensuite bathroom in every room was ideal. The kitchen is fantastic and includes every thing you need for a great meal! It was so much more enjoyable than staying at a hotel. Can't wait to return!
- Guest MARIA C.
- Date of stay 04/19/13
- Review Submitted 04/22/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+, girls getaway.
This property is beautiful and has all the amenities for a perfect weekend in Carmel Valley. The gardens were spectacular with several types of blooming lavender and perfect outdoor spots to enjoy the sunshine, flowers, birds and bunnies. Beautiful, top of the line, fully equipped kitchen made cooking at home a real pleasure. Everything we needed was there. The house has 3 fireplaces and we enjoyed the one in the family room twice when we had dinners at home. Everything was of the highest quality. We just wished we could have stayed longer and will definitely be back when staying in Carmel.
- Guest Ann G.
- Date of stay 04/04/13
- Review Submitted 04/16/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, girls getaway.
This lovely, secluded property in the Carmel Valley is truly exceptional. Beautifully furnished and decorated in French provencale fashion, the home is warm and inviting and surrounded by outdoor gardens. The kitchen is very well appointed and will be appreciated greatly by all chefs! The owners are welcoming and give thoughtful instructions that make your stay trouble free.
- Guest mimi (San Rafael)
- Date of stay 04/11/13
- Review Submitted 04/15/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, people with disabilities, age 55+, girls getaway.
To say this property is beautiful is truly an understatement. The house is gorgeous! From the moment we arrived and were met on the steps by Marci and Richard, our long weekend celebration of my husband's 50th birthday was spectacular. The attention to detail is really evident from the construction quality to the antique pieces right down to the most comfortable beds and robes provided in each of the 4 stunning guest suites. If you can't afford to go to France, stay here. Chateau Pepperwood is a little bit of Provence (including the lavender!) in Carmel Valley, CA! We will definitely be back as soon as possible. Thanks again for everything Marci and Richard...
- Guest Travel Lovers (Petaluma, CA)
- Date of stay 03/15/13
- Review Submitted 03/19/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, girls getaway.
A WEEK IN PROVENCE
A WEEK IN PROVENCE
This Carmel Valley retreat exceeded our expectations. The photos on VRBO really don't go far enough in conveying the special appointments and craftsmanship of the home and the incredible beauty of the surroundings. My family (4 adults, 2 kids) and I recently rented this property for a week over the Thanksgiving holiday and were transported to Provence. The home is exquisitely and comfortably furnished to create the total French countryside experience -- from the furnishings and well-appointed kitchen to the abundance of lavender that frames the property. We didn't want to leave the house most days as we so enjoyed the luxurious surroundings, the comfortable and cozy sitting areas and the kitchen that invited even the most timid cooks among us to give it a go. The convenient location made it easy for sojourns to all the cool local places. We enjoyed afternoons on Carmel beach, hiking in Big Sur and shopping and dining excursions to downtown Carmel and Monterey. The owners, Richard and Marci, met us the evening of our arrival, gave us a tour of the house and ran us through all the basic systems. This personal touch was hugely helpful and made our stay really special and free of the typical hassles one encounters when staying in an unfamiliar home. I can't say enough about how supportive and warm they both were in welcoming us into their very special Carmel Valley home. We're thinking of returning next year and would definitely recommend this home to good friends and relatives without hesitation.
- Guest DoubleD (Los Altos, CA)
- Date of stay 11/16/12
- Review Submitted 11/29/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, families with young children, people with disabilities, age 55+, girls getaway.
Fabulously located, delightfully private chateau-esque estate!!
Fabulously located, delightfully private chateau-esque estate!!
My husband and I came to this property to celebrate our anniversary with two other couples. We could have not asked for a more perfect location or more wonderful hosts. Marci was so accommodating with our booking needs; she was easy to deal with and a pleasure to meet in person. This beautiful house was well-situated for our needs, being half-way between Carmel-by-the-Sea and great wine-tasting in Carmel Valley Village..and we played a great round of golf at Quail Lodge right next door. We were pleased by the house's high-end amenities (great furniture!) and we were pleased to see, on arrival, that all of the bedrooms had a luxury ensuite bath and all were appointed with very comfortable beds and amazing, high-end linens (heaven!). We had excursions to Carmel Beach, the Monterey Bay Aquarium and dinner out two nights (go to Cafe Rustica!), but the stellar night of the weekend was our anniversary night, where everyone cooked in the gourmet kitchen and ate outside in view of the foothills. We would stay here again and again. Enjoy!!
- Guest Jennifer (Colorado)
- Date of stay 08/21/12
- Review Submitted 09/12/12
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, families with teenagers, adventure seekers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, girls getaway.
This property is exquisitely appointed with everything you need to make your stay comfortable and luxurious. It's even nicer than the pictures. We had a group of 3 couples and a single guy and had enough space for everyone to feel comfortable and happy, especially since all of the bedrooms have their own bathrooms. The house has a great outside hanging/eating area, fabulous kitchen, and is in good proximity to both Carmel by the sea and Carmel valley. We went to Bernardus spa for lovely massages and went to a wedding at Holman Ranch nearby and everything was easy and convenient. (The absolute only thing this place is missing is a hot tub).
- Guest Wendy M. (United States)
- Date of stay 08/31/12
- Review Submitted 09/06/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, families with young children, age 55+, girls getaway.
French Country Estate
French Country Estate
Our visit to Marci and Richard's Carmel Valley home for a family reunion was truly a delightful experience! We loved having our own French Country estate--spacious, comfortable, tastefully appointed, and beautifully landscaped. It has a quiet secluded feel with beautiful views of the Carmel Valley hills, yet is conveniently located. We enjoyed hiking at Garland Ranch, and biking nearby. Baja Cantina was able to accommodate our large group for a fun dinner, complete with live music on the deck! We definitely recommend this property, and look forward to a return visit of our own.
- Guest Laura (Salinas, Ca.)
- Date of stay 08/24/12
- Review Submitted 08/30/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, girls getaway.
Jan-May $650/nt U.S. June-Dec.$850/nt U.S. 3-7 night minimum; 2-4 couples ideal Rates do not include 10.5% county tax & $350 cleaning fee. Holiday & local special events pricing, please inquire. Rates subject to change Deposit: 50% at booking; Balance due 60 days before arrival. A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation for a full refund less $150 administration fee & any merchant fees incurred. Refundable damage deposit required with credit card.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Monterey Peninsula Airport (22 minutes) at 11.6 Miles
- Nearest Train: Salinas at 15 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 1 at 4.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Carmel-by-the-Sea Beach at 6.5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Baja Cantina at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Quail Lodge at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Earthbound Farms at 0.5 Miles
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: My husband and I were fortunate to grow up in Big Sur and Carmel and to later raise our own family here. My husband has been in the construction industry for over 30 years & has built many custom homes throughout the Peninsula & we recently completed this project for ourselves in mid Carmel Valley in 2011. We have sailed our own sailboats extensively throughout the world for over 30 years & currently spend as much time as possible living & traveling on our sailboat especially in the summer months. We welcome those traveling to the Monterey Peninsula to enjoy this piece of paradise in our absence and have had our guests return multiple times to enjoy all that this special place has to offer.
Why the Owner Chose Carmel Valley:
We wanted private acreage in a convenient and close to town location out of the reach of the coastal fog with easy access to the out door lifestyle where we could create a special place to return to from our sailing adventures & to have a place to entertain friends and connect with family who live nearby in the Carmel area. We enjoy cooking and entertaining and appreciate all the good restaurants within close proximity to the property and of course we enjoy the greater Monterey Bay area with so many great things to do and see.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Flat acreage with plenty of parking & lots of privacy, serenity & majestic views. When the coast is cold and foggy, we are blessed with 300 sunny days a year or more here and can take advantage of outdoor activities during the long summer days. This property has become a wildlife sanctuary due to it's close proximity to the Carmel River and also as a result of planting a variety of trees, shrubs, roses & lavender with the intention of creating a feeling of Provence. Numerous species of birds call this home and we are especially blessed that the beautiful and graceful Egrets have claimed residence here.
- Primary: +1 831-601-3805
- Secondary: +
- Fax: 831-219-7325
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Enter through private gates, Down private gravel drive to front entry.
For your special occcasion, celebrate in style at formal French dining table.
Private patio set amidst country gardens ideal for family BBQ or morning coffee
A evening fire warms the family room with TV above fireplace & cozy seating.
Chef's kitchen equipped with 5-burner gas range, Viking & Sub Zero appliances.
Enjoy casual dining with lovely views of enchanting gardens and hills beyond.
Private master suite w/king bed, gas fireplace, flat screen, lux linens, views.
Master bath retreat with double sinks, heated limestone floors, finer amenities.
Cal king bed with fine linens, spacious & light, large pine chest, closet, bath.
Luxury Ensuite bath, large enclosed shower, deep soaker tub, custom vanity, sink
Ensuite Bath with pedestal sink, glass-enclosed shower, limestone finishes.
Limestone & glass enclosed shower with vanity adjoining bedroom w/queen bed.
Formal entry leads to cozy living room with fireplace & formal dining area for 6
French doors to patio opens off living room. Lovely garden & mountain views.
A touch of Provence at 'Pepperwood', minutes to golf, wineries & Carmel Beach!.
Spacious 'great room' for dining, entertainment, & cooking all in one!
Large kitchen island w/ prep sink & seating for 3. Breakfast table seats 6.
Open flowing floor plan to family room, casual dining, butler's & walk-in pantry
Romantic & serene, Master bedroom with fireplace, t.v., doors open to patio.
Serene elegant luxury in spa-like master bath with air tub,walk-in shower, t.v.
Soaking tub, elegantly appointed en suite bath, heated stone floors, garden view
Smaller bedroom with Cal king, closet, en suite bath, shower, pedestal sink.
Smallest bedroom, queen bed, french linens, closet, flat screen, private bath.
Lush garden views from living room, great room, master bedroom & patio BBQ area.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, September 06, 2013