Charming, Historic Home W/ Ocean Views, a/C, Wrap-Around Porch
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cape May house description
Enjoy the ocean views and breezes. Hear the waves crashing on the surf. Rock away your cares on the large wrap around porch. As featured on the 2011 Private Homes Tour by the esteemed Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts, this house offers all the modern conveniences of today while retaining the historic charm that is Cape May!
Ideally located just steps from the beach and a few short blocks into town, you can park your car in one of 2 spaces behind the house, or on the meter-free street, and walk to all that Cape May has to offer.
After a day on the fabulous Queen Street Beach come home to this cozy, comfortable and well furnished home. Everything you need is provided in this generously equipped beach cottage. The two zone air conditioning and forced hot air heating systems keep you comfortable year round.
Get ready for an evening of fine dining at one of the many restaurants in town or cook like a chef at home in the gourmet kitchen.
Ready to turn in? The master bedroom has a King bed and a sitting area with it's own TV/VCR. The adjoining room- “The Rose Room” has a queen bed. Across the hall is the “Mahogany Room” and the “Green Room”, each with 2 twin beds. The Green Room has a balcony/porch with views of the Cape May skyline. Soak up some rays here in the afternoon, or just get away for some quiet time. There is a large full bathroom with a tub and shower to serve this level.
On the third floor there is a gigantic room which we refer to as the “Dorm”. The Dorm offers a king size bed, a full size bed, and 3 twins, which is perfect for the whole family with young children, or the group of kids and their “slumber party”. There is a cot in here as well, which can be moved to any room that you wish.
The “Purple Room” sports a full size brass bed and a sitting area. The “Blue Room” has a full size bed and an upholstered chair.. There is a spacious full bath on this level with a claw foot tub and a hand held shower spray.
Outside there is an additional hot and cold shower plus a dressing room with lighting, mirror, and seating.
At mealtime you can cook like a chef on the pro-series 6 burner range. The gourmet kitchen has everything you need to show off your skills. And two full size refrigerators to hold all of your groceries (and beer!). Serve up meals in the formal dining room that seats 14 at one table! Or choose from 3 more dining spots- on the porch the dining set seats 6 (or pull up extra chairs provided to seat 10!), in the breakfast room- room for 6.
Cook out on our gas or charcoal grills (we offer both), and dine at the outdoor picnic table with room for 8 (at least).
There is a “Butler's Pantry” with a sink off the dining room which we use as a “Wet Bar”. Fix cocktails like a pro. Ice buckets, blenders, smoothie machine, ice crusher, pitchers and shakers are provided for your convenience.
VISIT our web site for more pictures and reviews from our guests. Give us a call so we can reserve your weeks now. This house books early and quickly. Mention that you saw us on VRBO!
Keywords: ocean views, beach cottage, charming, well equipped, less than 500 feet to Queen Street Beach, short walk to town, porches, large family home, good for reunions, weddings, gourmet kitchen
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 19, Beds for 19
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Catering Available:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Living Room seats 26:
- Air Conditioning:
- Parking Off Street:
- Wood Stove:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- OCEAN VIEWS! CLOSE TO EVERYTHING! sun room/ breakfast room, 2nd floor porch, wrap around porch, porch furniture, rocking chairs, WELL EQUIPPED LARGE KITCHEN WITH 6 BURNER PRO-SERIES RANGE for the chef in you, large dining capacity, multiple dining areas, amazing outdoor shower with lighting and mirror and seating, short walk into town, less than 500 feet to beach, quiet tree lined street......moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library:
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Not Necessary
- Pier Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Massage Therapist
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Medical Services
- Equestrian Events
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Recreation Center
- Botanical Garden
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Cape May is the original resort and has so much more to offer than just the fabulous beaches! This place is very family friendly with so much to do in an old fashioned atmosphere. Rockwellian describes it well. It's also a very romantic place to enjoy with your special someone. You can take a horse drawn carriage to dinner, or just for a tour around town. Enjoy world class dining and shopping, historic home tours, ghost tours, Victorian architecture- the whole city is on the National Historic Register! There are Vineyard and Brewery tours, Jazz festivals , Birding (one of the top 10 birding spots in the world!), hike the nature trails thru seaside meadows, and do not forget to visit the free incredible Zoo! There are many boat charters to watch whales and dolphins, or perhaps some deep sea fishing? Visit the art galleries, especiallly the Pierson Gallery on Washington Street, cycle around town with bike and surrey rentals, or take a horse and carriage tours, explore the stress reducing art of porch sitting! Walk the promenade, check out the craft shows, cruises and eco- tours, marinas, nightlife and entertainment, casinos, concerts, theater, music. Visit the Lobster House and make sure to check out the history as told in the many photos that line the walls in the lobby. Swains is not just a hardware store! They have many unique housewares from glassware and serving pieces to linens and aprons and much more! Higbee's Beach is a great place to do a little off roading bay side....shhhhh, its a secret.. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This house is home away from home!
This house is home away from home!
This is our favorite place to stay when we are in Cape May. We feel right at home in the large but cozy house. The amenities are great, and the beach, shops and restaurants are within walking distance.
- Guest Marina (Maryland)
- Date of stay 11/04/11
- Review Submitted 02/08/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, families with young children, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 14 - Sep 27, 2014
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
payable by check, 1/2 at lease signing, 1/2 30 days before occupancy
- clean out fee: $225
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: cape May Airport at 5 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Cape May/Lewes Ferry at 5 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Garden State Parkway at 3 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Queen Street Beach at 0.2 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Harry's at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Cape May National at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Harry's at 0.1 Miles
Year Purchased: 1951
About the owner: My grandfather purchased this great property in 1951. Our family has been fortunate to enjoy it ever since. I have been coming to Cape May since I was born, and we love it more and more each year. I live in Maryland with my lovely wife of 28 years, and my golden retriever, Jolly.
Why the Owner Chose Cape May:
I bought into the family beach house in 2000 to insure that it remain in the family for years to come. I have been coming here for over 50 years and I hope to continue that tradition. With so much to do besides the beach I never get bored. When I can't swim or fish there is always something going on, like the Jazz Festival, or historic home tours. I enjoy the nature conservancy, the museums, and the Physic Estate's changing exhibits. The dining in town is very good, too!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The wrap around porch is the perfect place to relax and unwind. The house is close to everything so I can walk to shopping, restaurants, the beach.... I don't have an ocean at my front door at home. There is nothing like throwing a line in the surf and hauling out a big striper for dinner. And when the fish aren't biting the Lobster House Seafood market is the best anywhere!
- Primary: 410-984-5789
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Your home away from home. The porch awaits your arrival. Beach is 1 block south.
well equip gourmet kitchen w/ 6 burner pro-series range, not shown-new fridge.
The formal dining room seats 14 comfortably.
The Rose Room has a queen bed and an antique bureau and dresser.
the door leads to a 2nd story porch off the Green Room.
Purple Room has a double bed. There is a comfortable chair beside a window, too
the Dorm's 3 twins, and the double bed in foreground.
the rear of the house at night
The bright & comfortable living room has new, not pictured, 42' HDTV!
The breakfast room seats 6. The door leads to the laundry area and utility sink.
The Master bedroom has a king bed and a sitting area with a TV/VCR
The Mahogany Room has 2 twins and seating beside the window.
The Blue Room has a double bed, and seating in the window nook.
The full sized bed in the 'Dorm'
this is where you will spend your finest hours, porch sitting!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, February 17, 2014
7 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.