Waterfront-Deeded Ocean Beach-Special Setting, Canoes & Bikes Included
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Vineyard Haven house description
Equally perfect for a romantic rendezvous, or family adventure this stunning home is nestled on the tranquil cove where Lake Tashmoo meets the sea. Deeded Ocean Beach, Bicycles, Canoes & Memories included! No wonder this listing is on the 'Kayak Tour'.
Surrounded by the estate homes of Tashmoo West (an area of celebrities and multi-million dollar homes which rent bi-weekly for $30,000 and up), this listing is an exceptional value! -- it enjoys all amenities and a spectacular, one-of-a-kind setting with gorgeous water views from every room. Walk to PRIVATE, SANDY, OCEAN BEACH. Beyond historic field-stone walls lies a 70-acre wildlife preserve to explore -- hike or bike the trails, swim in the lake or ocean at 'Chappaquonsett' (deeded private beach). Paddle the boats, peddle the trails, enjoy the variety of fishing holes, relax on the decks, rejuvenate. . . . . Feel yourself completely at peace . . . . Yet drive only 5 minutes to town for exciting shopping, restaurants, entertainment and nightlife! (For example, a house rented 'up-island' on M.V. can take up to an hour to drive to town or the grocery store.) Here -- town is
only 5 minutes away.
Walk the woodland path or paddle across the inlet to the ocean (2 canoes and small dock included). Take a dip in the cove directly in front of the house, then enjoy the outdoor shower. The children (or you) will have fun exploring for clams, quahogs, and mussels. Create your own Vineyard Clam Chowder or fresh steamers as you take in the amazing view from the kitchen. (See photo sent by recent guests, Steve & Fumi) Dine by the cozy fire, or 'al fresco' on the deck. At days end relax by candlelight on the screened porch with a drink and your loved ones while you watch the sun set gently over the water.
. . . . . . .Next day set off on an island adventure and paddle your canoes to the village for lunch at the 'Black Dog' Cafe. Or discover the lovely network of bicycle paths to expore around the island (2 bicycles provided).
This home includes two master suites each with queen-sized beds, wall-mounted, flat-screen TVs, and private balconies that overlook breathtaking views. Each master suite comes complete with cathedral ceiling and private bath with heated towel warmers. One master suite boasts a private sun terrace. There is another double bedroom and 3rd full bathroom on the main floor. Outdoors on the broad deck are two sets of dining tables and chairs along with chaise lounges for sunbathing. Across the screened porch is a 'Children's House' with bunk beds, TV and a loft double bedroom (for your nanny/mother's helper) -- Children's Wing open in summer only.
The large, bright kitchen has skylights, waterviews out to the sea and overlooks the dining room with cozy fireplace. See the ships sail by while you relax with new flat-screen T.V., DVD, digital cable and wireless internet. Enjoy the Steinway Grand Piano. French doors open from the living room onto a spacious screened porch with comfortable wicker seating. Hear the call of the osprey by day, bask in magnificent magenta sunsets at dusk, snuggle up by the fireside in the evening, and delight to the twinkling lights of Cape Cod and ocean sounds by night.
A truly magical spot!
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Queen size Beds (2), Double Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Catering Available
- Wood Fireplace:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Parking Off Street
- Outdoor Shower, Wifi & Broadband Internet, 2 Bicycles, 2 Canoes. Steinway Grand Piano. Fully Equipped Kitchen with Microwave, Jenn-Air Stove/Oven, Coffeemaker, Coffee Grinder, Toaster, Toaster Oven, Blender, Mixer, Vacuum Cleaner, Iron & Ironing Board, Heated Towel Warmers, Hair Dryers, Sundeck, Screened Porch, 2nd-story sun terrace, 2 balconies, and 1-acre lawn. Linen service available. Mid-week or daily cleaning services available -- also available to rent in town are windsurfers, ocean kayaks, day sailers etc....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Broadband Access
- Outdoor Grill
- Lawn / Garden
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Medical Services
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Ice Skating
- Fly Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Deepsea Fishing
- Miniature Golf
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- 70-acre wildlife preserve adjoins property beyond quaint, field-stone walls. Hike or bike these nature trails. Also explore the lovely network of bicycle paths through the State Forest. Fish the lake or ocean. Witness a broad spectrum of wildlife, from sea hawks and diving cormorants to native deer, otter, swans and wild turkeys. Along the private drive down to Kuffie's Point enjoy several working farms with goats, chicks, cattle, and horses. Paddle the canoes around the bend to see the ships moored in Lake Tashmoo. Spy the steamships as they cross every hour from Wood's Hole. Dig for clams and quahogs at low tide. Swim in the lake or ocean. Enjoy great shell-seeking on the beautiful PRIVATE BEACH. Visit an evening performance (seasonal) at the Outdoor Shakespeare Theater (a 5-minute drive or paddle away). Adventure around the bend at the beach to discover the colorful cliffs of Makonikey or paddle the canoes a gentle distance into town for lunch at the 'Black Dog' Cafe....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Guest comment entered by owner
We have enjoyed your home and the peaceful surroundings. The views are simply gorgeous. The weather has been very cooperative and I've watered your flowers. We've gone on hikes in the forest and used the boats a lot. The resident Osprey has been very busy catching fish constantly. He always has a new fish in his talons as he flies over the pond. We've also gotten to know the beautiful Vineyard and all it has to offer. We're not ready to leave -- now that we've all learned how to relax, but would love to return. Thanks very much.
- Guest Stephanie and Family
- Date of stay 08/09/10
- Review Submitted 03/07/11
*** MAJOR CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED *** NOW BOOKING FOR SUMMER 2014 June/Sept $3500/wk; July $5900/wk; August $6900/wk Rates + Security Deposit/Cleaning&Trash Fee of $100/195 (lower for weekends) Owners have over 30 years experience in vacation rental homes on Martha's Vineyard
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 1993
About the owner: Owners chose this property for its Sunsets, Tranquility, Nature, Beauty, Setting... and Adventures. Owners have over 30 years experience in vacation summer home rentals on Martha's Vineyard.
Why the Owner Chose Vineyard Haven:
Serene views with rich history. Residents include ABC's Diane Sawyer, famed Hollywood Director, Mike Nichols, and award-winning author, Judy Blume. Estate owners and frequent visitors to this cove included actors James Cagney, Katherine Cornell, Vivian Leigh (Scarlet O'Hara), Rex Harrison, Noel Coward, Sir Laurence Olivier, famous authors Pearl Buck, Somerset Maugham, James Thurber, Helen Keller and American Musical composer, Cole Porter.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
1) A 'Great Get-a-Way' yet so close to the villages for shopping, restaurants and night-life. (For instance, a house rented 'up-island' can take up to an hour to drive to town or grocery store.) 2) The Private Beach Uniqueness -- The sparkling, sandy beach speaks for itself (locate Herring Creek Road on a map to see the private beach 'Chappaqonsett'...which borders famous celebrities' private beaches) 3) Spectacular, vivid sunsets (blazing red, pink and magenta hues) that continue well into the late evening skies. Sunrises too! 4) The gorgeous natural beauty of the private cove....A symphony of gentle wildlife every day -- astride the water, beneath the sea, soaring aloft, searching the seashore, within the wooded glen, among the treetop branches. . . . 5) No wonder we are on the 'kayak tour'.
- Primary: (610) 972-9342 (Pennsylvania, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Sunsets over water where Lake Tashmoo meets the sea (Private Cove, Ocean Beach)
2 master suites w/balconies & views, TVs, heated towel warmers, 1 has roof deck
Dine outside 'al fresco'
Living room adjoins screened porch - internet (wifi),cable TV/DVD, Grand Piano
2 Canoes ready and waiting
From water's edge -100 yards direct frontage on peaceful cove of Lake Tashmoo
Skylit kitchen overlooks the dining room with fireplace - Dine fireside or...
Clam Dinner photo sent by recent guests, Steve & Fumi, Bon Appetit!
Porch - lovely in the evening with candles, & twinkling cape cod lights.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2004.
Date last modified - Monday, November 18, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.