Luxurious Private Bush Villa in Big 5 Game Reserve
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Plettenberg Bay villa description
Gondwana Game Reserve provides the perfect safari break for Cape Town visitors. Less than a four-hour drive away along South Africa’s popular Garden Route, the 11,000 hectare/ 20,000 acre private game reserve offers a distinctive malaria-free safari experience. Indigenous Fynbos cloaks the undulating valleys, adding vivid colour and interest to a Big Five wilderness experience with awe inspiring views of the Langeberg Mountains wherever you look. This exclusive reserve offers visitors attentive service, superb cuisine, inspiring interiors, expert game rangers, and horseback safaris. World-class tourist facilities and attractions on Gondwana’s doorstep include championship golf courses at Pinnacle Point, Pezula, Oubaai and Fancourt, great swimming and surfing beaches and the attractive coastal towns of Mossel Bay, Knysna and Plettenberg Bay.
Gondwna is the first authentic big five safari destination in the Southern Cape with free roaming Big 5 game (lion, buffalo, rhino, elephant, and leopard) and herds on antelope (kudu, eland, Red Hartebeest, Black Wildebeest) as well as cheetah and hippo.
Close to Cape Town, arguably one of the best cities in the world, foreigners can easily and comfortably rent a car and explore the amazing Cape Winelands on their way to Gondwana which is a short drive off the main national road. Once on the property you feel as though you are absolutely in the middle of nowhere. The climate of the nearest town, Mossel Bay, is rated by the Guiness Book of World Records as the second most moderate in the world after Hawaii.
Your luxury villa is privately situated on the reserve in a large area fenced for safety and freedom of movement. The villa built in 2009 blends naturally into the landscape with its thatched roof, balau wooden decks and earth-toned exterior paint. The open plan, double volume luxury villa has all the modern finishes to make your stay comfortable. A large main living area includes the kitchen with island, dining table for 8 and lounge with wood burning fireplace all leading out onto an expansive wrap around deck through folding window doors that open up completely. Four en suite bedrooms with walk in glass showers and free standing baths. 3 of the 4 bedrooms lead out onto private decks or balconies with folding glass doors that bring the outdoors in completely. A large grassy area surrounds the villa for space to play and bird watch.
The owner's lodge or club house is less than a 5 minute drive from the villa and provides a beautifully chic spot to hang out and enjoy the amazing view. A club menu is available daily, bar service, infinity pool, lounge with cable TV, library with games and Apple flat screen computer and WI-FI. There is also a boutique bush hotel on the property offering fine dining with a reservation.
There are many activities on Gondwana which can be booked at the nearby club house or via telephone. 3 hour morning and evening game drives with top game rangers in open game viewing vehicles and delicious snacks and drinks. The reserve has a 2500 acre protected area where horse safaris, hiking, mountain biking, fishing, guided Fynbos walks, and picnics are available. The birding on the property is fantastic with many endemic species seen no where else in the world such as the Cape Sugarbird and Orange Breasted Sunbird.
For the ultimate in luxury the villas can be privately staffed with your own game ranger with private game viewing vehicle, chef and butler to cater to your every whim. The villas can also be utilized on a luxury self-catering basis with a la carte meals and game drives available for those who want a longer stay and the flexibility to enjoy the surrounding Garden Route, its activities and attractions. The villa comes with daily housekeeping. Many additional services and amenities are available so just ask the lodge office - meals can be delivered to your doorstep, babysitting is offered, bush dining, and transfers to and from George airport which is only 45 minutes away and has several daily flights from international airports in Johannesburg and Cape Town.
Family itineraries include a junior ranger program which sees kids enjoying a few hours out with their own personal rangers and experiencing exactly what it is like to learn and live on a wildlife reserve. On arrival the kids receive Gondwana Back Packs complete with activity book and rangers patch to signify the completion of their ranger’s course.
Keywords: Bush Home, Private Safari Residence, Private Bush Villa, Secluded villa, game reserve villa, game preserve villa, home in a game reserve, home in a game preserve, home in a nature reserve
- Vacation Rental
- Smoking Allowed
- Limited Accessibility
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- The bush villa is located in Gondwana Game Reserve, a 20,000 acre private five star reserve with free roaming Big 5 game and herds of antelope. Each villa is privately situated in a large fenced area for safety and freedom of movements with no neighbors in site, no noise or light pollution, just a dark sky full of stars. The luxurious villa offers open plan living at its best with the main area leading onto a spacious deck with endless views of the mountains and valleys and wildlife. All 4 bedrooms have ensuite baths with glass walk in showers and free standing baths. A gorgeously chic main lodge is a 3 minute drive away with gourmet dining, bar, infinity pool, cable TV, apple flat screen computer, WI-FI, and expansive outdoor decks, boma and seating areas. Meals can be delivered to your doorstep and a private staff compliment can be hired for the villa with chef, butler and game ranger and Land Rover . A 5 star bush lodge is also located on the reserve with a spa....moreless
- DVD Player
- Mobile Phone
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Jet Skiing
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Morning & afternoon 3 hour game drives with expert field guides in open Land Rovers with drinks and snacks Horseback safaris, mountain biking, hiking, fishing, guided Fynbos walks, and picnics in 2500 acre protected area Restaurant, lounge, cable TV, games, bar, computer/WI-FI & library at lodge Infinity swimming pool with endless views overlooking waterhole where elephant and hippo frequent 5 star bush lodge with 14 separate suites located in the reserve with restaurant and lounge/bar and infinity pool and spa Nearby top seaside golf courses spectacularly situated - Pinnacle Point Golf Resort - 15 min. drive, Fancourt Golf Estate - 45 min drive Top beaches nearby for warm swimming, great surfing, deep sea fishing, whale watching (Aug-Nov), and long walks Charming coastal towns of Mossel Bay, Knysna and Plettenberg Bay for shopping, restaurants and excursions Accessible for easy, 4 hr self drive from Cape Town George Airport 45 min. drive, transfers available - daily flights ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
FROM R800/$90 per person per day Book meals and activities in advance and save R50/$5 Other meals and game activities on offer include game drives, fynbos walks, horse riding, fishing, Junior Ranger Programme and more
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
Beautiful, long, white sandy beach in Mossel Bay 30 minutes drive from Gondwana Game Reserve. Great swimming in summer months with warm waters and whale watching in the spring (Aug-Oct). 3 top surfing beaches in Mossel Bay. You can rent a board at local surf shop or enjoy a deep sea fishing excursion....MoreCollapse
Luxury Private Bush Villa sleeping 8-10 people
Gondwana Wildlife - Male Lion
Bush Lodge for dining, swimming, bar, library with wi-fi and admin offices
Master Bedroom with a view to die for!
Open plan, double volume lounge, dining and kitchen area
The villas can be privately staffed with your own chef, game ranger and butler
Second bathroom with walk in glass shower and free standing bath
Entrance driveway to your Villa - complete privacy
Zebra grazing at sunset
Game Reserve Landscape
Game Drives at Gondwana
Lodge Infinity Pool for Swimming and Sundowners
Bathroom in Private Bush Villa
Folding, window doors leading onto expansive wooden deck from lounge and dining
Second bedroom with folding doors leading onto private deck
Outdoor undercover deck with built in BBQ and balcony above
Sun-downers on an afternoon game drive. Kids love Junior Ranger Program
Elephant taking a stroll
Sunbird perched on a beautiful protea
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, January 13, 2013