Christmas - New Yr Week Special $950 with Beach Club & Views Included
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Playa Ballena house description
This home is in a private preserve mountain setting with close access to its private entrance to Playa Ballena. The twin Master Suites have A/C but often it is not needed with the breezes and nightime cool mountain environment.
Wildlife simply abounds with Toucans flying by the deck, monkeys and an array of other rainforest creatures.
Perla Ballena is a GATED COMMUNITY, upon your arrival you will be ESCORTED FOR CHECK IN and given a tour of the beach facilities at Ballena Beach Club; as well as directions to waterfall and nature hikes from the home.
Keywords: ocean view, pristine, waterfalls, nature, streams, secluded, gated community
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Parking Off Street
- Linens Provided
- Air Conditioning
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
- Deck / Patio
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Mountain View
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Deepsea Fishing
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Mountain Biking
- Eco Tourism
- Whale Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Escorted Check In Service. Located in Ballena, the heart of Costa Ballena which is an extended group of rural beach and mountain communities from Domminical to Ojochal. Dominical 12 or so miles north is a notable surf location, visited in the iconic 60's movie Endless Summer. Active in nightlife and surf village type bars & restaurants. Uvita just 4 miles north is the serevice center for banks, grocery stores, pharmacies, car rental, etc. Bahia is the beach community of the Uvita area and the northernmost entrance to the Ballena National Marine Park; noted for the tombolo 'Whales Tail' to literally walk into the ocean at low tide. It is not the most pristine beach experience but offers boat services for whale and dolphin tours, in shore fishing and coastal sighseeing. Ballena, just below the mountain setting of the house is not a village but more an exclusive community. Playa Ballena is the centerpiece of the Ballena National Marine Park, pristine and highly protected with only one public access point at the Park Administration Center. BALLENA BEACH CLUB is our exclusive facility on Playa Ballena (request the photo file) this home includes the pools, gardens, nature trails and BEACH ACCESS TO PLAYA BALLENA. Restaurante VILLA LEONOR at Ballena Beach Club is recognized as one of the best food and value options in the area. Serving fresh seafood, lobster specials on Fridays, BBQ all day Sunday and Wednesday Evening. Great facility for weddings, reunions or other special events. Roadhouse 169 is a Sports Bar and Music Venue located at the National Park entrance. A friendly atmosphere and value oriented menu, regular live music. BALLEA NATIONAL MARINE PARK (Parque Nacional Marino Ballena) extends from Punta Uvita (Whales Tail) to Punta Pinuelas, Playa Ballena is the heart of the park with rock formations of Tes Hermanas and the rock island Isla Ballena in front of the tropical beach (request photo file). These waters offer snorkeling and diving with coral formations and an abundance of tropical fish, accesible by boat from Bahia or Kayak from Ballena Beach Club, KAYAKS INCLUDED WITH THIS HOME RENTAL While exploring the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica 20 years ago, this area stood out as one of the most protected and pristine, it remains that way today. The rock & coral reef structure in front of Playa Ballena makes it the best beach for swimming, boogie boards and body surfing on this part of the coast. Ideal for beach excursions with grand kids to grandma with plenty of natural shade under the beach almond trees that line the beach and attract the Scarlet Macaws. Playa Pinuelas is the southernmost beach of the Ballena National Marine Park. It is one departure point for kayaking the caves, archways and tunnels on the rock cliff coastline. Not recommended for beach excursions or swimming. Playa Ventanas (vetanas is windows in Spanish) gets its name from the two tunnel caves through a rock point that extend from the beach to the ocean. At mid to low tide you can walk well into the caves, a memorable experience and a geoligist's delight. A pristine crescent shape beach, as picturesque as you will find on the planet. The Village of Ojochal has established the reputation of the finest and varied dining on the coast. Bumpy dirt roads lead you to Idonesian, Continental and New World Cusines, or wood fired oven pizza, authentic Italian Cusine with home made pastas or a French meat theme cuisine. All with their own character. Farther south, about a 45 minute drive from the house is the Village of Sierpe. The largest river system in Costa Rica with a labrynth of canals through the mangroves. This area is home to the mystical Spheres of unknown origin. Perfectly shaped round stone balls of various sizes standing as tall as 5 feet in diameter. Sierpe is also the launching point to the northern shore of the Osa Peninsula, noted by National Geographic as possibly the most biodiverse place remaining on earth, and Isla del Cano, a National Preserve with excellent snorkeling and diving to see large marine life including Manta Reys, large groups of Reef Sharks, Morey Eels, Sea Turtles and an array of Tropical Fish from large Parrot Fish to tiny blue or yellow critters that dance in front of your mask. The Tour Desk at Ballena Beach Club can assit with information and bookings to all the area restaurants and activities from Nature Walks to Adventurous Canopy Zip Line. We have yet to see a guest return from the Osa Canopy Tour not noticably impressed. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
From $50/night Low Season From $75/night High Season 7th Night Free for Weekly Bookings Holiday Rates by Quote
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Palmar Sur or Quepos at 20 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Costanera Sur at 1.8 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Playa Ballena at 1.8 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Villa Leoor at Ballena Beach Club at 2.1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Villa Leonor at Ballena Beach Club at 2.1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: Hi, I'm Cliff, the representative for my long time friends from Minneapolis (retired from the Star Tribune) and their wives. After selling their condiminium in the Colorado Mountains a few years ago they came to see my project in Costa Rica and now here they are, with a second home in a private preserve, setting above a National Park Beach with private beach facility belonging to their home. Come see us in Ballena and we will take care of you as though you were the owner.
Why the Owner Chose Playa Ballena:
Pristine beauty, wildlife, ocean and beach, tropical but with cool breezes from the mountains
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Ballena Beach Club, serenity and wildlife viewing from the deck or floating in the pool. FULL ACCESS PRIVILEDGES to Ballena Beach Club, including Kayaks, Boogie Boards and private access to Playa Ballena. From this home home you can choose from a peacful walk of 15 minutes to the waterfall in the private preserve or an adventurous and challenging hike through the primary forest preserve to Rio Ballena, a beautiful rainforest river wth crystal clear water pools, rocks to dive from or a natural water slide.
- Primary: +506 8390-0130
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, February 17, 2013
2 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.