Spacious & Private Summer Home in Historic Barnstable Village
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Barnstable house description
This secluded family homestead has been enjoyed for years by our large extended family. It is a spacious and charming summer home that accommodates many people, is extremely private with views up a pristine hillside to the south, and has expansive outdoor decks. The property is perfect for family reunions or as a retreat facility for artists, writers or yoga enthusiasts.
The downstairs has two living rooms, a TV room and a large dining room with sitting area. With the expansive outdoor decks, the house provides ample living and entertaining space. Upstairs has four bedrooms that share baths and a master bedroom with a private bath. There is also a sleeping porch with bunk beds and two other beds, sleeping four. A separate studio cottage sleeps two or three and has a small fridge, bathroom and outdoor shower.
The house is located on the quaint and historic side of Cape Cod and is centrally located, offering easy access to many summer activities. Barnstable is one of the oldest communities on Cape Cod, offering New England charm and history. Barnstable Harbor and Sandy Neck offer boating and wildlife habitat opportunities unique to Cape Cod.
Keywords: Quiet, Relaxing, Large, Nature lover's paradise, north shore Cape Cod, retreat
- 4000 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
Living Room seats 10:
The house has two living rooms. The one in the older part of the house opens into a study with sliding glass doors to the south deck. The newer living room has many windows, is spacious and bright....moreless
- Air Conditioning:
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Towels Provided
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Iron & Board
- Wood Fireplace
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- 10 acres on private hillside, sweeping views of Cape Cod Bay and Barnstable Harbor from the top of the hill, lovely walking trails and open meadow on the property itself, which adjoins 17 acres of conservation land, nature lover’s paradise Au pair cottage sleeps two or three with bath and outdoor shower. Nearly 2,000 square feet of deck space for entertaining, ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Ping Pong Table
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Whale Watching
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Barnstable is centrally location on Cape Cod, providing the historic, charming Cape Cod village atmoshere and the natural beauty of the north side of Cape Cod featuring Sandy Neck, Barnstable Harbor and Cape Cod Bay. At the same time, it is only three miles to Hyannis, offering extensive shopping and restaurant choices and five miles to the beaches on the south coast. The Cape Cod Scenic Railway and whale watching boats out of the Barnstable Marina are two popular activities for visitors to Barnstable. The beginning of the Cape Cod Bike Trail is a short drive....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Warm & Inviting Retreat
Warm & Inviting Retreat
I visited this home with one of the owners and found everything to be warm and inviting. There is ample room to entertain, as well as plenty of privacy. Rooms are all comfortable and well equiped. The home is within walking distance of the village where delicious coffee and quaint shops can be found. It is an easy walk to the water, or short drive to restaurants and more shopping. Great for a family reunion. A perfect getaway!
- Guest ACK (New Canaan, CT)
- Date of stay 10/28/11
- Review Submitted 02/21/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, people with disabilities, girls getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers.
Owner response: I believe this reviewer participated in a yoga retreat at our home, underscoring the spaciousness of the property. The location is very private and there is also ample room for privacy within the house, accommodating visitors of varied ages and interests.
May and June through 6/15, after Labor Day through October $2500 per week June 15 through Labor Day week, Sept 7th, $3000 per week Rates for Multiple Weeks Negotiable
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Hyannis Airport at 3 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Ferry to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket at 5 Miles
- Nearest Train: Cape Cod Scenic Railway at 4 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Mid-Cape Highway - Rte. 6 at 2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Millway Beach at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Barnstable Tavern at 0.3 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Barnstable Fairgrounds Golf Course at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Dolphin in Barnstable Village at 0.35 Miles
Year Purchased: 1925
About the owner: Our property is owned by four siblings and has been enjoyed by our family for generations. Known as Barrel Hill, or formerly Signal Hill, it is the highest spot in Barnstable Village, where historically a barrel was raised to announce the arrival of packets. Farmers would bring produce to the harbor and welcome supplies from Boston.
Why the Owner Chose Barnstable:
This property has been in the family for several generations and has a great deal of history with the others family properties that surround it. The house has been remodeled and expanded several times, preserving its charm, yet growing and modernizing to provide plenty of comfort for a large group.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Our property is unique because it is totally private, adjoining acres of conserved land, yet only a five minute walk to lovely Barnstable Village. The other primary benefit is its ability to comfortably accommodate a large group.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
North Deck and Facade
South Deck Looking West
Game Nook Looking Out on North Deck
Living Room - Study to Right
Master Bedroom With Private Bath
Screened Sleeping Porch
South Side of House Looking Northeast
View North Down Hillside
New Living Room
Living Room Looking Toward Study
Queen Bedroom With Doll House
Another Shared Bath
Separate Studio With Half Bath and Outdoor Shower
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013