VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Daily: 1-2 people: $95/night 3-4 people $25/night per extra person weekly: 1-2 people: 7 nights, only $665/wk 3-4 people: 7 nights, only $950/wk CURRENT DISCOUNT: monthly: 1-2 people: 4-weeks, only $2,000/mo 3-4 people: 4-weeks, only $2,500/mo
NOTE: Tax (totaling 13.416%) and departure cleaning ( $100) additional. DESCRIPTION: Located on the same side of the street as the ocean (NOT across the street from the ocean), the Orchid cottage has limited views and easy access to the whitewater coastline. Walk along the coast in either direction or fish from the cliffs. Soothing sounds of the waves crashing along the shoreline can be heard day and night. This spacious 1-bedroom 1-bath house is an affordable accommodation for an individual or couple who wants to be near the ocean. The house has a fold out couch for additional guests. A high quality inflatable mattress is also available instead of the fold out couch. Very clean and exceptionally well appointed. Kitchen, full-sized washer/dryer, high speed internet (WiFi), cable TV, etc. Click on the Video tab for video walk through of house.
LOCATION: The Orchid house is located south of Hilo town. Just 20 minutes to central Hilo. An easy 35 minutes drive to the Volcanoes National Park. Close to Big Island Hawaii guest activities and the warm pond swimming area (about 15 minutes by car). Approximately 25 minutes drive to Hilo swimming, snorkeling, and surfing beaches.
OTHER HILO OCEANFRONT HOMES AND BEACH HOUSES: We offer a nice section of 2-4 bedroom vacation rental homes located RIGHT ON THE OCEAN OR FRONTING THE BEST HILO BAY BEACHES IN HILO TOWN.
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Please don't waste your money on Damage Protection.
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Close to Volcanoes National Park, Downtown Hilo, Shopping, Restaurants, Dining, University of Hawaii Hilo, Hilo Medical Center. Ask about our other HILO OCEANFRONT HOUSES AND BEACH HOUSES
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: Owner of 4 homes directly across from Richardson's Beach Park and 3 ocean front homes in Paradise Park. I manage these homes personally with my cell number available to all guests. Payments are handled through the security of the Homeaway/VRBO site. Guests also receive information on restaurants, shopping and my favorite places to visit.
Why the Owner Chose Hilo: This house is a stones throw from the water yet priced as a bargain. The house has a kitchen and laundry facilities for comfortable long term stays.
The property is a guest house off the quiet street with an unused garage separating this house from the main house toward the ocean.
This is a large house for a one bedroom (900 sq. ft.).
The main house is also a vacation rental and is listed on VRBO as www.vrbo.com/453162.
The bedroom is large and has a king size bed. An additional 2 guests could stay on the fold out couch (best for kids). This allows you to stay in privacy yet be only 22 minutes from Hilo central.
The Unique Benefits at this House: Not well known, Hilo has more tourist destinations than any Hawaiian destination. These include:
*Historic Downtown with shops and restaurants on the Bay.
* Waterfalls right in town. Rainbow Falls and Boiling Pots.
* Akaka Falls just 25 minutes North of Hilo
* Volcano National Park, just 35 minutes above Hilo
* Hawaiian Botanical Gardens.One of the nicest gardens you will find.
* Hilo Farmers Market. Everyday but largest on Wednesday and Saturday.
* Liliuckalani Gardens at Hilo Bay including Coconut Island.
* Lyland museum for historic information and geologic rocks.
* Tsunami museum housed in a historic bank
* Wine tasting at the Volcano Winery
* Beer tasting right in town at Hawaii Nui Brewery
* Coffee tasting at Hilo Coffee Mill on your way to the Volcano
* Hilo Zoo. Free and very pretty.
* Mauna Loa Nut company self guided "look through window" tour and gift shop. Free and nice shop for lunch and ice cream.
* Historic Palace Theatre downtown. Check internet for show dates.
* Nearby to Pahoa town, near active lava flows.
*Continue on to Ahalanui Park's warm pond and then snorkle at Champagne Ponds (tidepools) in Kapoho.
* Venture South beyond Volcano National Park to Punaluu County Park for lots of black sand and full time lounging turtles.
* Continue South for Punaluu Bake shop and South Point Road. Incredable vistas from the most Southern point in the U.S.
* Go North along the beautiful Hamakua coast and go horseback riding in Waipi'o Valley.