Classy Quiet H R Heights Cottage-Walk to Park and Everything!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Hood River house description
Come feel like you live in Hood River this summer ! This is a newly remodeled and updated private mid-century one level home in a quiet convenient neighborhood. The home is very elegant but comfortable with open relaxed spaces decorated with warmth, color and artistic style. In the warmer months the home has a great outdoor living area with a large fenced backyard wth lots of shade and a beautiful solid beam covered patio structure for entertaining or just reading a book and sipping a local brew or glass of wine. Of course there are patio furnishings and a gas BBQ.
There is a new queen bed in the master bedroom, an antique double bed wth a good matress in the in the second bedroom with a roll out single mattress for extras. Two small people can cuddle into the antique double (my husband and I did in the past), but it is more comfortably a one person bed if you're bigger.
There are good sized closets in both bedrooms, and a fabulous mud/laundry room, great for equipment storage and full of my cookbook collection. The kitchen-dining-living room areas are open and inviting, a great place to listen to music and read or watch as neighbors pass on their way to the quiet, shady park across the street . The brignt kitchen is fully stocked with gourmet cooking/serving supplies and condiments as this is my private home in the fall, winter, and spring. Feel free to use everything respectfully. All appliances are new. There is ample stilestone counterspace for cooking up a storm.The house is in great shape with quality furnishings, art, and amenities in all rooms. I will empty out the bedrooms and hall closets, but serving linens and bathroom/ bedroom linens will be in the home for your use.
There is only one bathroom in this 1950's cottage, but the fixtures and tile flooring are all new. It is small, but it works very well as does everything in this comfortable house.
There is new electrical and plumbing /fixtures throughout the house which includes a new mini-split environmentaly friendly heat pump for heating and air conditioning. Hardwood floors are newly refinished and bathrom and kitchen flooring is also new.
There are lots of books, CD's and DVD's in the home, but the TV is small and on rollers for pulling up close to the comfortable 1940's couch. There are over 300 movies in the house library. This is a beautiful small home that will make you feel like you're staying in a classy resort. It is calling for your relaxation in a town full of interesting things to do all summer long.
Keywords: bungalo, cottage, cozy home, immaculate, remodeled and updated 50's ranch,
- Vacation Rental
Not Suitable For Children:
This is a small home with antique furniture, therefore it might be a difficult home for a family with small children who need more freedom to run around. Perhaps an older child would be acceptable....moreless
- Pets Considered:
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Queen size Beds (1), Double Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Wood Fireplace
- Wood Stove
- Parking Off Street
- Air Conditioning
- Washing Machine
- There is basic cable TV as of this writing. There also is a large DVD collection- like having your own NETFLICKS over 300 movies and HBO series.There is an electric piano. Fully stocked gourmet kitchen. You can use the staples in the home. Fenced yard with raspberries and flowers, and we are across the street from one of the town's sweetest shady parks. No river view, but we can see the hills in Washington across the river. Close to Indian Creek Trail for scenic walking and a 10 minute down the stairs walk to downtown. Convenience to town with the advantages of one of the town's most sought after quiet neighborhoods....moreless
- CD Player
- Music Library
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Wireless Internet
- Outdoor Grill
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Horseback Riding
- Live Theater
- Rock Climbing
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Of course this area is a wonderland for people who love an active outdoor life. Mt. Hood , Mt. Adams and the Gorge are within easy access for hiking, climbing, and mountain biking. The Columbia River is a mecca for wind surfers, kite boarders and sailors, and the local rolling hills full of orchards draw bikers from all around. For those seeking fresh produce and local wine and beer, this area is a bonanza. . The house is within walking distance of the local public swimming pool, four city parks (one just across the street), the farmers' market, and local bakeries and gourmet deli's. Organic food stores are also within walking distance. As we are up on the heights, most of this walking is on flat ground, but going to Hood River's quaint and active downtown for more traditional entertainment with good music, dancing, dining, local brews,movies, galleries and great ice cream is an easy 10 minute walk down the municipal stairway. This is a small town with big town style. Lots to do....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Available June 10 throught September 7 4 night minimum, but prefer week or longer reservations 9% local tax on total bill, $75 cleaning, $300 refundable deposit $975 per week, $160 per night, $3800 per month. Full refund if cancelled one month prior to reservation date.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: I am a mostly retired community college instructor who recently moved to Hood River to be near my daugter's family and to be close to the outdoor activites I enjoy. I am an active, social person and this community has been a delight. I like to write, read,study languages, garden, cook, travel and create a welcoming home for family and friends.
Why the Owner Chose Hood River:
I moved from Portland to Hood River last September. I'm hoping to do my own traveling and international service work while I rent out my home.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
My favorite thing about this house is its convenient location. My home in Portland had about a 98% walkability score. I'd say this place is the same. I love walking to Rosaurs, a great local supermarket with a large organic food section, on the Indian Creek Trail, or getting my exercise going to town and back. Honestly, I could live without a car here, and I love that.
- Primary: 1-877-260-2519
- Secondary: 541-387-3113
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
front of house across from park
dining area and into kitchen
Kitchen and door to laundry room
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, March 17, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.