Breathtaking Oceanfront! Great Location Available Mar 29-Apr 21
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Kihei Surfside condo description
This second floor oceanfront condo at the Kihei Surfside Resort is located on the sought after ocean side of the building and has a spectacular ocean view from the kitchen, living room, dining area and lanai. It is one of the larger, 1 bedroom, 1.5 bath units (680 sq ft). The unit has slate tile in all rooms except the bedroom, which is carpeted. The unit has had a recent makeover (March 2012) including new paint, doors, closet organizer, plantation shutters and furniture.
The kitchen is well equipped with modern appliances, including a large refrigerator with ice maker, electric stove with microwave hood fan above, full size dishwasher and garbage disposer. It has a light oak cabinetry with dark granite countertops.
The living room has a new queen size sofa-bed and a comfy swivel rocker rattan basket chair. There is a large, wall mounted flat screen LCD TV, DVD player, stereo and multi speed ceiling fan. There is free wireless high speed internet and telephone with free long distance calling to Canada and the US.
The oceanfront dining area has a round rattan glass table with 4 matching chairs.
The large lanai has a bistro table with two bistro padded rocker/swivel chairs – a perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee or a romantic oceanfront dinner!
The spacious entry hall has a dresser and a desk.
The bedroom has a King size bed, oversize closet, wall mounted 32” LCD TV multi speed ceiling fan and a digital security safe.
The master bathroom has a full size jetted tub and shower with tile surround; elongated toilet and lovely vanity with cultured marble top. The half bath is equally as tastefully decorated.
The unit is fully equipped with utensils, fresh linen and towels, iron/ironing board, hairdryer and beach gear that includes chairs, towels and cooler. Laundry facilities are available on site.
This unit is an excellent choice for guests who are looking for a lovely, spacious, comfortable condo in a superior building location, on the ocean side of the elevator with a breathtaking ocean view.
Keywords: Hawaii Maui Kihei Wailea Keawakapu Beach Oceanfront snorkelling diving boat launch Five Palms Restaurant
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Oceanfront heated pool, great snorkeling, whale watching, walking distance to shops, restaurants, next to Kihei boat launch (snorkeling, diving whale watching), complimentary gas BBQ’s, oceanfront concrete picnic tables, shuffleboard, putting green, on site coin laundry, take/leave book depository, no fee movie library, free parking, front office offering business services (fax, mail etc.)...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Free Long Distance
- Lanai / Gazebo
Location & View
Haleakala National Park is home to Maui's highest peak. Rising 10,023 feet above sea level, Haleakala's graceful slopes can be seen from the south side of the building. Haleakala means 'house of the sun' in Hawaiian, and legend has it that the demigod Maui lassoed the sun from its journey across the sky as he stood on the volcano’s summit, slowing its descent to make the day last even longer....moreless
- Ocean View:
- Water View:
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Mountain Biking
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- Kihei Surfside Resort is located at 2936 S. Kihei Road, South Kihei at the entrance of beautiful Wailea. This is the desert part of Maui, where the sun shines more than any other part of the island. The Kihei Surfside Resort consists of an absolute oceanfront concrete building of 6 floors and 84 deluxe units with an elevator. There is free parking on site. The resort is a twenty-five minute drive from the Kahului Airport (OGG). Rental cars are available at the airport or in Kihei town. There are also taxis available at the airport (about $50), a shuttle bus and public transportation. Virtually all of the properties and resorts in Kihei are either located right on busy S. Kihei Rd., or if they are set back from the road - are across from the street from the ocean. One unique feature of the Kihei Surfside is that it is located at the quiet end of S. Kihei Road, AND is set back 300 feet from S. Kihei Road AND is located right on the ocean! Because it is hard to see from the road, many first time Surfside guests say that even though they have visited Kihei many times, they had never seen the resort! Another unique feature of the property is that we have a 2 acre, immaculately kept oceanfront lawn area with dozens of loungers, with a heated swimming pool and deluxe barbeque facilities. In season, there are daily whale sightings from both the grounds and lanais. In fact, the Pacific Whale Foundation conducts their annual whale count from our property. The building is located at the north end of Keawakapu Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches on Maui (voted Maui’s most romantic), where you can walk for miles past some of the most expensive oceanfront homes on the island and the luxurious hotels of Wailea, including the Grand Wailea Hotel. It is customary for the residents of the Kihei Surfside to gather each evening for cocktails on the shore near the tiki torches for a traditional Hawaiian sundown ceremony. Feel free to join in – everyone is welcome - this is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors and fellow vacationers! There are two very nice oceanfront restaurants within 100 yards of the resort; the Five Palms and Sarentos on the Beach. The Five Palms is known as the best happy hour on Maui, the bar menu and drinks are half price between 5 and 7:30PM, and after 9PM. Right across the parking lot from the Surfside is an upscale deli/grocery/wine store, Zach’s. Other larger grocery stores in Kihei, a short drive from the resort are Safeway, Foodland and Star Market. The island also has a Costco, Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Sears. There is never any shortage of things to do on Maui. The Shops at Wailea, Wailea Golf Club, Wailea Tennis Club and Makena Golf Club are within a five minute drive. The Kihei boat ramp is located 100 yards north of the property. Several of the tour operators for snorkeling and diving launch here. See Maui Dive Shop, Makena Coast Dive Charters, and Blue Water Rafting. Maalaea Harbor is a 20 minute drive, and from there you would get the fishing charters and sunset dinner cruises, or visit the Maui Ocean Center. The old whaling town of Lahaina is a 45 minute drive; from there you can ride on the Atlantis Submarine, or go for a boat trip with the Pacific Whale Foundation. Helicopter tours are available from the airport. See Blue Hawaiian Helicopters or Air Maui. Feeling adventurous? Try riding a bike down Mount Haleakala - Haleakala Bike Company. For exercise enthusiasts, there are a couple of gyms nearby – Powerhouse Gym, Valley Isle Fitness, and Pilates Maui. There is also an oceanfront yoga studio Maui Yoga Path right across the parking lot. We think this property has the best location in Kihei! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
KS 203 (Deluxe) 2-6 Nts 7-13 Nts 14-20 Nts 21-27 Nts Over 28 Nts Jul 1 - Sept 30 $135-$175 $125-$165 $115-$155 $115-$145 $115-$135 Oct 1 - Dec 17 $175-$205 $165-$195 $155-$185 $145-$175 $135-$165 Dec 18 - Mar 31 $215-$265 $205-$255 $195-$245 $185-$235 $175-$225 Apr 1 - Jun 30 $155-$205 $145-$195 $135-$185 $125-$175 $115-$165 Rates are plus 13.42% tax (Hawaii tax # W85069034-01) and $25 reservation fee. $85 cleaning fee for stays 5 nights. We own/rent 16 units @ Surfside so even if you don't see your dates available, send me an email and I'll see what I can do-Aloha!
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Kahului (OGG) at 17 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Piilani at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Keawakapu (voted Maui's most romantic beach) at 50 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Five Palms (Maui's best happy hour!) at 40 Metres
- Nearest Golf: Wailea at 3.3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Five Palms - Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at 40 Metres
Year Purchased: 2012
About: Aloha! We are John and Glenna Sumpter from Vancouver, Canada and we are the new owners of Kihei Surfside unit 203! Larry at rosiesrentals.com handles our rentals. We have recently updated our new condo for the comfort and pleasure of our valued guests. A labor of love - you might call it! John and I first came to Maui on our honeymoon in 1984. After a 20 year (!) break, while raising 3 children, we returned to find that Maui was still our paradise. We returned twice a year for a couple of years before deciding that owning a condo was our dream. So we did it!! We did our homework and scouted Maui top to bottom and found Kihei Surfside to be the ideal location! And now we are so thrilled to be able to offer our guests the opportunity to enjoy heaven on earth in unit 203! Come sit on the lanai and watch the whales go by. They are so close it feels like you’re getting an inside peek at mother nature. Our unit is direct oceanfront; the ocean is a stones throw from our lanai. You cab go to sleep hearing the ocean pounding the reef. Enjoy world famous Keawakapu beach just steps away. There is great snorkeling and swimming right here or you can walk the beautiful beach for miles. We’re confident you will enjoy your stay!
Why Kihei Surfside:
We are convinced this property offers the best value and location for oceanfront accommodation in the south Kihei/Wailea area. All of the units are direct oceanfront, and the property has the most amazing oceanfront lawn area spanning over 2 acres, which is unique to our property. The best part about the Surfside are the friendly, happy people, and the great accommodating staff!
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
The property is located right at the north end of world famous Keawakapu Beach. It is one of the finest white sand beaches anywhere. It stretches for miles past some of the most expensive homes and hotels in all of Maui. Great for walking or running. There is a reef right at our property that has the most amazing snorkeling we have seen anywhere. Unlike most other oceanfront properties in Kihei, the Surfside is perched right on the sea shore, set back several hundred feet from S. Kihei Road, so you hear the ocean, not the road noise. The complex has two high end stainless steel barbeques and picnic tables right at the ocean. Almost every night, we use the barbeque and eat our dinner at the oceanfront lit by tiki torches.
- Primary: (604) 644-8690 Happy to talk to you, but email is usually faster!
- Secondary: (604) 541-9827 (British Columbia, Canada) Home #-Pacific Time Zone- emergencies only please!
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - Additional info for Kihei Surfside 203
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Spectacular Oceanfront Location - view from the private lanai of KS203
Fully equipped kitchen with disposer and ice maker
Living room with new (2012) queens size sofa bed & matching comfy chair
Breathtaking ocean view from your lanai!
Bedroom TV, dresser and multi speed ceiling fan
Hallway half bath
Sunset at the Surfside
Keawakapu Beach (voted Maui's most romantic) is 100 steps from your front door
Kihei Surfside putting green
Professional grade BBQ's and oceanfront picnic tables to prepare delicious meals
Swim right out front with the local turtles!
So close to the ocean! Spectacular!
Oceanfront living room/dining room c/w new LG 47" wall mounted HDTV & DVD player
Oceanfront lanai c/w comfy bistro chairs. Watch whales with your morning coffee!
Oceanfront Dining room
King bed, mahogany bdrm suite, wall mounted LCD TV, large closet, security safe
Master bath tiled shower with tub
Take a dip in the heated, oceanfront pool!
2 acre lawn and proximity to Keawakapu Beach. Great snorkeling on reef out front
Sunset over the pool
Kihei Surfside shuffleboard
Front entrance to the Kihei Surfside
Whale sighting! Pacific Whale Fndtn. uses our property 4 their annual whale coun
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 23, 2013