Exclusive Extraordinary Featured in Architectural Digest 06/08
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Little Compton barn description
Extraordinary, exclusive coastal New England experience. Featured in Architectural Digest, American Country Home issue, June, 2008. Very, very private. Contemplate myriad architectural nuances in converted 18th century barn.
Tranquil setting in poetically beautiful community; unspoiled farmland tumbling to pristine, sandy beaches guarded by refulgent granite rock sentinels. Sometimes riotous surf; other times astounding calm water; perfect swim/work/bike get away with connoisseur cooking capablities enhanced by abundant local foods, produce, fish, etc. Almost 4 acres with nearly one acre wild flower garden -- blooms June to late October attracting vast variety of birds and butterflies.
Keywords: Coastal southern New England antique yet modern country house converted barn; exclusive and private; magnificent surf, miles of beach, close to farm stands, fish market, local vineyard, bike paths, birding. Great for writer/artist.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Not Suitable For Children:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Queen size Beds (1) Antique bed, beautiful linens, tempurpedic mattress, down duvet., Double Beds (1) Antique with princess canopy, linen and down bed clothes., Twin or Single Beds (2) Antique twins, linen and down bed clothes., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Mitchell Gold queen, like a real bed....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Wood Fireplace:
- Linens Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Interior Designer's own home featured in June, 2008 Architectural Digest -- amazing 200 year old converted stone barn, very special and private 3+ acres, best, most pristine beaches in New England. Interior must be seen... Concrete and local sea glass floors; swing in living room; steam showers; includes outdoor kitchen/dining; addictive outdoor shower; rambunctious wild flower garden attracting birds and butterflies; vegetable garden; birding; antiquing, outdoor fire place within covered patio and fine restuarants; close to Cape Cod, Newport, Providence and its world famous Waterfire....moreless
- CD Player
- Music Library
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Jetted Tub
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
- Medical Services
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Sight Seeing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Cape Cod, Boston, Newport Mansions, New Bedford Whaling Museum, Newport Jazz Festival. convenient to Nantucket,Martha's Vinyard Block and Elizabeth Island ferries; Brown University, Roger Williams College, and prep schools such as St. Georges and Portsmouth Abbey. Local vineyard and local art, music and poetry readings....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$5000 per week*, $20,000 per month* May 1 through September 30, $3000 per week* off season, plus *applicable sales/rental taxes. *TWO WEEK MINIMUM
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
Year Purchased: 2003
The Unique Benefits at this Barn:
Instant beach access, while being able to work/relax/exercise;
- Primary: +1 8608667070
- Secondary: +1 860-214-3129
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
For the chef
Living area with interior swing
Looking up at bridge
Stone powder room from above
Master bath vanity
After the beach outdoor shower
From the West
Dine by the fire; table seats 12
Watch the birds with a glass of red
Behind blue door?
Another guest BR
Sunset views from porch with fireplace
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, March 15, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.