Loft Cabin on 100acr Property on Arrow Lake Beach and Privacy
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Nakusp cabin description
Our property provides the athmosphere of a private secluded summer residence with beach. The cabin is on a hillside overlooking our lake front pasture and our private bay with beach. The location is very private with a beautiful deck where you can enjoy the sunset over the mountains.
The cabin is 1300 sqft of very liveable space. It was originally built in 1995 with an addition added in 2009. Natural wood is the main materal throughout. Part of the cabin has cedar board walls and on the outside the siding is also natural wood. The main floor of the cabin consists of a spacious living area with sofas, an open kitchen, a large bathroom, a bedroom with walk in closet and an entrance with laundry utilities.
The kitchen is fully equipped with a full size stove and oven, side by side fridge, dishwasher and microwave. From the main kitchen window you have views over the lake.
The living room has a TV (just for playing DVD's since we have no satellite TV), a stereo with Ipod station a couple of sofas, a desk and woodstove.
The bedroom has a king size bed and an open walk in closet.
The bathroom has a free standing clawfoot tub, a shower, toilet and sink with lots of space to store items.
The entrance with laundry has closets and a washer and dryer.
An open loft is accessible from a staircase between kitchen and living room. In the loft there are two double beds.
A large deck wraps around two sides of the cabin with gorgeous views over the pasture, beach and bay. Tall trees surround the cabin.
Take a few steps off the deck to a short private path that leads you down to the pasture and beach. In the boathouse you will find life jackets and noodles and some water toys. On the beach you can use our kayaks and canoes for explorations of lake and shoreline (no charge). There is also a swimming platform with ladder for a private sun tanning or for jumping into the lake. There is an older dock (please watch your steps) that provides a place to tie up a boat. Across the lake there is an island to explore and within a short hike also a waterfall. The property is a total of 100 acres and offers trails for hiking and exploration. Watch the Ospreys and Bald Eagles fish in our bay. There is always lots of wildlife around. Have fun!
In the winter you can usually snow shoe from the cottage. There is lot of wilderness to explore. Enjoy the back country and mountains with your snow mobile (please watch the avalanche reports). There is a lot of terrain in the Selkirks and Monashee mountains that is just used by our local snow mobil enthusiasts or find some hidden x-country trails. Winters are magical around the Arrow Lake with moderate temperatures and a lot of snow in the mountains. Backcountry ski exploration is a lot of fun.
Well behaved dogs that stay on the ground (not on sofas, beds etc.) are very welcome and if they do not run after wildlife can be kept without a leash. There is so much room to run around for dogs and with our rock bluff to the north and a meshed fence to the south it is quite safe. Our resident dog Pumpkin is very friendly.
Keywords: Escape the crowds in your own holiday home. Our property is an unspoiled getaway on Arrow Lake, British Columbia, Canada, just 35 minutes south of Nakusp. Enjoy the pristine Kootenay wilderness at its best. With the Arrow Lake directly at your doorstep you can enjoy your escape on the water in one of the nicest and most untouched areas of British Columbia. Whether you’re looking for a couple’s getaway or a family vacation, we ensure you a wonderful stay in our secluded waterfront accommodation. Our cabin is 1300 sqft with King bedroom, open loft with 2 double beds, a full kitchen, big bathroom with clawfoot tub and separate shower and a deck overlooking the bay and lake.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Clothing Optional/Nude Sunbathing Nearby
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- King size beds (1), Double Beds (2)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Parking Off Street
- Our property provides the athmosphere of a private secluded summer residence with beach. The cabin is on a hillside overlooking our lake front pasture and our private bay with beach. The location is very private with a beautiful deck where you can enjoy the sunset over the mountains. A short private path leads you down to the pasture and beach. In the boathouse you will find life jackets and noodles and some water toys. On the beach you can use our kayaks and canoes for explorations of lake and shoreline (no charge). There is also a swimming platform with ladder for a private sun tanning or for jumping into the lake. There is an older dock (please watch your steps) that provides a place to tie up a boat. Across the lake there is an island to explore and within a short hike also a waterfall. The property is a total of 100 acres and offers trails for hiking and exploration. Snow mobile trails near by and snow shoeing from the cottage depending on snow conditions....moreless
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Lake View
- Beach View
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Horseback Riding
- The area surrounding our property offers a lot of wilderness. The Selkirk Mountain range is located to the east with glaciers and alpine lakes, extensive hikes and a lot of wildlife. Fauquier (3km) offers a beautiful 9 hole golf course and a general store with gas station to stock up on necessities. Depending on the season we have fruits and nuts in the yard. Across the lake the Monashee Mountain range offers small and big lakes great for fly fishing The natural Hot Springs are the main attractions in our valley. There are some undeveloped and two developed Hot Springs in the area. One free pass per person to the Halcyon Hot Springs are included in the rent. In the winter time the area is known for superb snow mobiling, heli skiing and downhill ski adventures. (Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Summit Lake ski area and Whitewater in Nelson). We love to explore the trails in the backcountry by snow shoes. It is so quiet........moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Peaceful and beautiful surroundings
Peaceful and beautiful surroundings
Thank you Sabine for the wonderful vacation we had at your cabin. We've travelled many places, but this was by far our favourite! Accommodations were very roomy, well stocked and had everything we needed and then some! I looked forward to having coffee every morning on the huge wrap around deck and the weather was so warm and a spectacular view to go along with it. Loved the quiet. There may have been a couple other families staying in other accommodations on the property, but we never heard them and barely saw them, because of the privacy this cabin gave us. Everyday we were able to enjoy the beach that we walked to by ourselves! Owners were kind enough to allow kayaking, canoeing at no charge! Also we were able to go for walks on their many acres. Bon fires on the beach were another highlight! The girls loved the loft and their own space! My daughter asked if we could return next summer, and are hoping to make that happen. Nakusp was a short drive away! Some great coffee spots and restaurants! Halcyon Hot Springs was another highlight we enjoyed very much? Thank you again to he hosts!
- Guest Jen (Sherwood Park, AB)
- Date of stay 08/07/13
- Review Submitted 12/11/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, pet owners, sightseeing, age 55+, tourists without a car, families with young children, families with teenagers.
High Season 2013: June23rd to September 2nd, December 21st to December 31st High Season also on long weekends. Regular Season all other dates. High Season per night $235 and $1445 per week Regular Season per night $205 and $1200 per week We require 50% deposit at the time of booking and balance 2 weeks prior arrival plus a $200 damage deposit. Payment can be made by credit cards through paypal. All rates are subjet to 5%GST. Two night minimum stay
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
About the owner: Hi, my name is Sabine and I love to share our property with guests. It is just my husband Ulf and myself sharing our property with our guests and we usually do not see each other aside from on the beach.
Why the Owner Chose Nakusp:
Our family fell in love with the Kootenays and our property in 1990. It was the location, climate, the beach and lake, the long summer seasons the clear water, fishing and space that we loved. We raised our kids on the property and since they have left to other parts of the world like to share the beauty of the place.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Privacy, unspoiled beach, no crowds, room to breathe, freedom, quiet, clean water, in the woods, lots of trees including old apple trees and wild cherries as well as walnuts and other. Free kayak and canoe usage, wildflowers ...
- Primary: 250 269 7228
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, February 20, 2014
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.