Coastal Golf, Tennis, Skidaway Island, the Landings, Savannah
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Skidaway Island house description
2 Large BRs, 2 BA, plus a Loft (Couch/Bed) with Full Bath and perhaps the best inland view on Skidaway Island.
A Patio Home of approximately 2,450 Sq. Ft. in a gated community ideal for a couple who wants to live, 'preview' or enjoy a short term stay at 'The Landings', enjoy Skidaway Island and the Historic City of Savannah. Downtown Savannah is just 14 miles, 20 minutes away.
Also, the House very easily accommodates a Tenant's visitors... and a special offer is: If a Tenant chooses a stay of a minimum 3 months the Tenant can gain 'preview' status and use all amenities of The Landings Club (described below). There are other means for a Lessee to gain access to all clubs during a visit.
Residence Features include:
1. 270 Degree Views of:
a. A long lagoon,
b. The full par 3, # 8 on the Magnolia Golf Course (one of 6 on the Island),
c. Most of the Par 5, # 7 on Magnolia,
d. A view of birds of various species that peruse the long lagoon.
e. A view of the alligators that 'bask' on the banks in the rear of the house
2. A Master Bedroom of 23'x 14' with Walk in Closet (the MBR can be, is now, petitioned off for separate 'nook')
3. A large 'Split' Second Bedroom with a separate private 'foyer' and Full Bath. All three areas can be closed off, as a separate entity, from the living area of the house.
4. An open floor plan with partial 18' ceilings for a great feel of 'openness'
5. Lots of Glass to accommodate views to the North, West and to the South.
6. A 'no smoking' home
We are the second owners and the house has never been on the market. It was built by the previous CFO of Branigar, the developer of 'The Landings' who apparently picked the lot for its view. . ..The home was designed by one of Savannah's leading Architects (who, we understand, for a long while was the only Architect allowed to design a new home on the Historic Jones Street (old Brownstones) in Downtown Savannah.
Should a new Tenant wish to enjoy the multiple amenities on the Island, we have a full membership at The Landings Club available for long term 'assignment' to an approved Tenant and/or to a couple wishing to visit the Island a minimum of 3 Months they may get 'preview' status for full use of the Clubs or a tenant can make special arrangements for use of the Clubs during shorter stays....
If a Tenant does have full access to the Clubs, dues and club food charges would of course be the responsibility of the Tenants. The estimated base cost (excluding food, merchandise, golf cart is $714/Month, but includes all golf, tennis, fitness, club access, access to all 4 club restaurants and cafes, practice tees and balls). The Tenant is not responsible for any joining fees, Taxes, HOA's, etc.. These charges will have been or will be paid for by the owner. Privileges include use of all 6 golf courses, 4 Restaurants, The Cafes and Clubhouses, Tennis, A world class Fitness Center and all Pools. Also, this option is very attractive to Private Club Network (PCN) members because 'The Landings Club' is also a member of the PCN.
Keywords: Skidaway Island, Savannah, The Landings, 6 Golf Courses, Great Inland View of 2 Golf Holes, Lagoon and many species of Birds, Tennis on Clay, Wildlife, Bike Paths, Walking Paths, Kayaking, Great Restaurants, Great People! Private Club Network PCN
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Considered
- Not Suitable For Children
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (1), Double Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Catering Available
- Washing Machine
- Parking Off Street
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Wood Fireplace
- Covered Parking
- Perhaps the best inland view on Skidaway Island in Savannah; Approxiamately 2,450 Sq. Ft. ideal for a couple who wants to live, "preview" or enjoy a short term stay at "The Landings". Features include: (a) View the long lagoon, the full par 3, # 8 on the Magnolia Golf Course and most of the Par 5, # 7 on Magnolia, (d) A view of birds of various species and the alligators. (e) A Master Bedroom of 23'x 14' with Walk in Closet and "nook" (f) A large "Split" Second Bedroom with a separate private "foyer" and Full Bath; Can be totally isolated (g) An open floor plan with partial 18' ceilings and lots of glass (i) A home designed by one of Savannah's leading Architects (the Architect allowed to design a new home on the Historic Jones Street (j) An opportunity, based on length of stay to play golf on 6 great golf courses (k) Tennis on clay, approximately 32 clay courts, 2 hard courts (l) A Private Club Network (PCN) Golf Club with 6 Courses (m) Great Restaurants and Downtown, 13 ...moreless
- Free Long Distance
- Wireless Internet
- Broadband Access
Location & View
- Lake View
- Water Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Live Theater
- Fitness Center
- This island is great for golf, tennis, biking, boating, walking and wildlife viewing....A Private Club Network (PCN) Golf Club with 6 Golf Courses. Skidaway Island's The Landings' has over 4500 acres to 'roam', and much of it is wildlife area. Inside the gated area are 4 Restaurants at the clubhouses, a world class fitness center, 2 marinas and many other features that make this Island and The Landings unique...Also on Skidaway is a great State Park area and an aquarium......Downtown Savannah, it's Historic District, River Front and great restaurants is only 13 miles away and can be reached within 15 to 20 minutes. Again, the use of The Landings Club amenities is based upon length of stay and established arrangements that can be made on the island. Any questions on the activities and Savannah, please contact me....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$2790 per month, plus $120 cleaning fee. Longer stays negotiable $35 if Visa used. $1395 per week, plus $120 cleaning fee and $35 if Visa used. Reservation Deposit: One half month (or week), non refundable if cancelled, but Reservation Deposit will be deducted from 1st Month (1st Week) Rent. Security Deposit of $300 upon occupancy, $150 Pet Fee (if approved pet) Remainder of 1st Month Rent due 60 days before occupancy date Please no young children because of loft with bed, 3' rail; please no pets in loft A 'No Smoking' home
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 1999
About the owner: I am retired; My wife is very near retirement. We own property in Asheville, NC and Savannah (at The Landings, on Skidaway island)....The Landings is the place we have owned property for the longest period in our lives, and for good reason.
Why the Owner Chose Skidaway Island:
Perhaps the best in Golf Perhaps the best in Tennis Perhaps the best in a Fitness Center A unique catering to Wildlife Very good, intelligent people from all over the world The Historic City of Savannah 4500 acres within the Landings to 'roam' Great biking and walking trails I could go on and on...
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The main ones are noted above
- Primary: +1 (828) 484-8485 This # or my Cell # below
- Secondary: (912) 844-3244 (Georgia, USA) Always with me
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Rear of House Photo taken adjacent to walking path, Lagoon, then golf course
View to Rear of House from Foyer
View to Southwest, lagoon and the par 5 # 7 on the Magnolia Golf course
Loft from top of Spiral Staircase
Kitchen from Dinette Area
Closeup of Spiral Staircase to Loft
Master Bedroom with Nook and Walk-in Closet door in background
View from Outside Porch to the Green of the par 3 # 8 of Magnolia Golf Course
View to Front of House from Rear of House Windows
2nd Bedroom Door and Foyer leading to Bedroom (to right) and Bath
View from Loft to East Side (front of House)
View of Front of House (not visible is a large courtyard with multiple plants)
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, October 24, 2013
2 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.