New Renovation: Ecofriendly, Tranquil, Place with a View
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Tucson Mountain Foothills house description
I have created an eco-friendly home, which is a rural, peaceful & beautiful retreat without being isolated, thanks to nearby
I-10. The entire home is newly renovated inside and outside. The home sits on a wash, full of wildlife. The nearly 2 acre property is in the desert, the fenced backyard is xeriscaped, has three patio areas, a pool, a spa, a pond, and an eating area.Take coffee on the back covered patio watching the sun rise in the east over the Catalina Mts.as the many hummingbirds buzz around. Sit on the gazebo sofa and watch those same mountains reflect the sunset and turn pink. There is a saying here, "When the mountains turn pink,it is time to drink." Cook dinner on the charcoal or gas grills or cook inside in the fully equipped kitchen including spices. Next use the telescope to gaze at the huge black star-filled sky, then warm yourself by the fire-pit as you listen to the coyotes howl in the distance. After coming inside to shower in the new bathrooms, tuck into the luxurious new beds with new bedding (King bed-MB, Queen bed-guest room, day bed and new trundle other guest bedroom, 2 twins or a king).The MB bathroom is en-suite and has a soaking tub and a shower with a handheld piece and massage settings head, two sinks. a low flush toilet and low flow faucets, which don't skimp on pressure quality. The two guest bedrooms on the other side of the hallway, share a bathroom with one sink, a low flush toilet, low flow high quality faucets, and a spa-like tiled shower with seat. The fully equipped kitchen is open to the diningroom and both areas are high ceilinged. The counters are easy-care quartz, not off-gassing granite. A saddle seated bar area is between the two spaces. All appliances are new and energy efficient. The other side of that space is a high ceilinged living room with a gas fireplace, comfy seating for many, and a 50" flat screen tv. The house gets wonderful natural light with the help of solatubes, small, mirrorized energy efficient sky lights.
There is a large ficiton/non-fiction reading library, a stereo, cd, blueray and dvd players along with 3 flat screen tvs with apple tv for streaming, one in each of the bedrooms. There is cable, wifi and a phone with free U.S. only long distance.
Keywords: One level, eco-friendly, adobe, private home, quiet, 3 bedrooms, wifi, mt. views, patios, outdoor living,fireplace, bbq, dog friendly,pool & sauna,flatscreen TVs,Nr U of A and downtown,new king &queen beds & linens
- Vacation Rental
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1.75 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Covered Parking
- Gas Fireplace
- One level, Adobe, Eco-friendly Home: solar, solar hot water, solar outdoor shower, solar oven, 10,000 gallon rainwater cistern, organic garden, maybe chickens (currently laying organic eggs).. Covered outdoor areas for dining, sitting, lounging, fire-pit gazing. Telescope for stargazing in the large black sky. WW II binoculars to look at nearby mountains. Gorgeous sunrises and sunsets. Newly Renovated Home: stone countertops, new appliances, fully equipped kitchen including spices, high end linens, new mattresses, new bathrooms, including one with spa like shower. 3 flat screen tv's, wifi, stereo, telephone. Saltillo, handmade Mexican tiles, &original art work throughout. Nearby trail head, hike the wash out the back door, lots of nature and native plantings. Peace and quiet but not isolated with proximity to hwy. I-10. Dog friendly home with fully fenced back yard. Small pond, pool and spa, to be used at your expense(varies with season)One winter wk.spa@84 degrees-$300-$400. Enjoy!...moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
Location & View
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Heating pool/spa is additional based on metered gas consumption.In winter the spa used for one week at 84 degrees would cost $300---$400. Late spring and early fall would be less. Wildlife, gorgeous sunrises and sunsets,mt. views,dark star-filled nights, native plants, hiking and national trail head all here.Nearby and day trips: Caverns, historical Tombstone and Bisbee, best U.S. birdwatching (Madera Canyon, Patagonia, cranes at WIlcox...), oldest US mission, San Zavier del Bac, Unique U of A mirror lab (telescope making) tours, historic walking tours, Western National Park themed, free talks & great gift shop, Tucson Botanical garden, Tohno Chul park, Desert Museum, Saguaro National Parks, east and west, Sabino canyon, Mt. Lemon, numerous astronomical observatories, hiking everywhere. Funky shopping near U.of A.,upscale La Encantada. U of A public cultural events/talks. Tucson Symphony. Museum of Contemporary Art. Numerous crafts. Artsy Tubac. Near Oracle, famed U of A Biosphere....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
MONTHLY ONLY rental. Monthly rate varies depending upon number of occupants. $3000/mos.(2),$4400/mos.(4),$6000/mos. (6) Max. 6 adult guests; A $1000 deposit, $150 cleaning fee,and 50% of booking due upon initial booking. Remaining due at least 60 days prior to arrival. Cancellations: Refund less $200 with 60 or more days notice, with 59 days or less notice: Refund to the extent space can be rebooked, less $300. Cleaning fee fully refundable if home is left in same condition it was found.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: I moved here with my artist husband of decades, from NY, where we had lived in our home for a quarter of a century. My mother had alzheimers and I came to care for her. My husband regrettably developed the perfect storm of illness. Then my mother died. I am now a widow and an orphan. My retreat is still peaceful and beautiful but also, for me personally, Tucson is a bit tinged with sorrow. Meanwhile I have fallen in love with a small mountain village in southern Portugal and hope to spend my winters there doing my healing work and my summers back here in Tucson. I hope you enjoy my oasis as much as I have and will continue to do so in the summer and fall.
Why the Owner Chose Tucson Mountain Foothills:
I went to college in the southwest and fell in love with the desert, always knowing I would return here one day. I did just that four years ago. I love the low population density here on the west side. There is much open space, little sound and a whole lot of beautiful desert.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The sky is big, the air clean here in the foothills, and the sun usually shining. My home is comfy, quiet and peaceful and I love having met my dream turning it into a green dwelling. I love eating organically from my winter container, salad garden. I love being able to live equally well, inside or outside. The house was previously owned by musicians and has wonderful energy.
- Primary: 520-395-2541
- Secondary: 845-642-5413
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Newly renovated kitchen with quartz stone counters, new appliances.
Guest Bedroom with daybed & trundle with new mattress. 2 Twins or a king.
Looking south at the Tucson mountains-pool, spa and pond. Neighbors?
Master bedroom with ensuite bathroom and original art.
Living room with gas fireplace and large flat screen television and original art
Other guest bedroom with more bright color and original art work.
Spa & pond just outside the back door. Looking south. Where are the neighbors?
Diningroom and wall cabinet filled with books, two desks. Original art.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, February 21, 2013
3 Bedroom / 1.75 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.