Chateau De Lys
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Reaup-Lisse chateau / country house description
The impressive 14th century Chateau de Lys is one of the most historical and impressive in Gascony. The Chateau can sleep up to 19 guests in comfort; there is also a superb heated pool, all weather tennis court, billiard room, table tennis, WiFi access, UK TV, private lake and extensive grounds.
The Chateau de Lys enjoys an elevated position with southerly vistas over its park lands, lake and forests with a large terrace to enjoy wonderful scenery in a calm and relaxing environment. The area has become known as the Tuscany of France for its long hot summers and temperate winters with spring and autumn temperatures in the mid 20s.
The chateau is adorned with suits of armour, flags and spectacular architecture as well as its own chapel that can be dated back to the 12th century.
We also produce our own wine which can be found in many local restaurants and guests are invited to the cellar for a complimentary wine tasting and can purchase their wine at a preferential rate.
- Master suite (bedroom 1) - This large room features a four poster bed. The room is partially panelled with period furnishing, fireplace and a wonderful southerly outlook over the grounds and park lands.
- Master bathroom - Large Jack and Jill bathroom also leading to twin bedroom, with bath, sink, WC and ample storage.
- Twin bedroom (bedroom 2) - Originally the dressing room for the master bedroom, this ideal to create a private family suite. Containing two single beds, wardrobes and fireplace, window overlooking the courtyard garden.
- Large four poster bedroom (Bedroom 3) – This very large room features a four poster bed, wood panelling, fireplace and an ornately painted ceiling, with period furnishings in keeping with the room. Southerly facing windows overlooking the gardens and pool.
- Blue room, large four poster bedroom (bedroom 4) - tastefully decorated and partially panelled with a fireplace and double four poster bed.
- Double bedroom (bedroom 5) - Wooden double bed and wardrobe with access to single bed room to form another family suite, northerly views over surrounding countryside and the chateau’s vineyard.
- Single bedroom room (bedroom 6) - single bed with access to the above double bedroom westerly facing views over gardens.
- Shower room - shower, washbasin, WC.
- Double bedroom (Bedroom 7) - featuring a double bed, fireplace and wardrobe, northerly views over surrounding countryside and the chateau’s vineyard.
- Bunk bedroom (bedroom 9) – Large bunk beds, room has access to adjoining double bedroom, northerly views over surrounding countryside and the chateau’s vineyard.
- Double bedroom (bedroom 10) – Double bed, wardrobes and fireplace, northerly views over surrounding countryside and the chateau’s vineyard.
- Shower room – shower, washbasin, WC.
Gardens and grounds:
The chateau boast its own hunting forest with deer and wild boar, a large open lake and an all-weather tennis court. The main gate leads to a large courtyard garden with flower beds and seating area on an elevated terrace. Stone steps lead down to the large enclosed heated pool with BBQ and covered seating area. The main drive leads to the front of the chateau with its impressive gates and twin turrets, the drive continues to the chateau’s chais where the wine is made and stored.
- Chateau / Country House
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 10 Bedrooms, Sleeps 19, Beds for 19
Bathrooms: 8 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Please note that up to the minute availability & prices are only available on my website. 1-10/week
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, February 28, 2013