Chateau De Tournelle
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Warsy chateau / country house description
Chateau de Tournelle is a beautifully restored C18th shooting lodge nestled in a verdant valley in the heart of the Somme. The listed English parkland features shady woods, extensive river frontage and two attractive lakes.
The impressive main house incorporates 12 en-suite guest bedrooms and is complemented by a 3 bedroomed guest cottage and separate staff quarters. The spacious grounds include a heated swimming pool and hard tennis court.
The château is conveniently located 10km from the autoroute, less than two hours from Calais and an hour from Paris. There is also a helipad on the property.
Please note that full property descriptions, photographs, availability & prices are kept up to date on my website which you can visit by clicking on my personal website link below.
The south-facing château was constructed 'a la lanterne', allowing light to stream in from both sides of the principal reception rooms and creating a light, airy feel to the ground floor. The main bedrooms all face south with spectacular views across the private parkland to the smaller lake.
- Entrance hall with marble floor and French windows to north and south, leading to terrace; Wood panelled music room with monumental fireplace; Wood panelled sitting room inter-connecting to:
- Wood panelled dining room with formal table that will accommodate 18 comfortably. (Table extensions are provided to take seating to 24 maximum).
- Large château breakfast kitchen, including open fireplace and 6 oven Aga stove; wash kitchen, scullery, boot room, WC and storage.
Includes 12 double bedrooms, all with new, luxury en-suite bathrooms. The bedrooms are named after previous occupants of the château, whose history is available on request.
- Anne Marie Couanon: Large double with bath & shower, WC.
- La Chanoinesse: Twin with bath, WC.
- Lt. Bernard Dupuis: Small double with bath & shower, WC.
- Amelie de la Tour: Small double with large bath, shower, WC.
- Marquis de Rune: Master bedroom, large double/twin with bath, WC.
- Monsieur Alain: Double with copper bath, WC.
- Comtesse de Villiers: Large double/twin with bath, WC.
- Charlotte de Chambly: Small double with bath, WC.
- Monsieur Jean: Feature double with North African rain shower/bath, basin and WC.
- Seigneur de Beaucamps: Master bedroom, large double with bath, shower, WC.
- Jacques de Champvallier: Double/twin with bath, shower, WC.
- Yolande: Small double with bath, WC.
In addition to the formal entrance courtyard, there is a courtyard to the east that incorporates the garages, outbuildings, barns and the heated swimming pool. A small gate leads past the pool to the tennis court.
The park and grounds are included in the Inventory of Remarkable Parks and Gardens of the Somme. From the south terrace, rolling lawns gently slope down to the river Avre and beyond, to the small trout lake. To the left, a bluebell wood leads round to the tennis court and walled garden; to the right, the drive leads down past an ancient greenhouse and an 18th century orangery. An avenue of mature beech and plane trees leads to a bridge over the river and up into the meadows beyond. To the right of the drive, two paths lead through the woods to the 5 acre carp lake and back.
- Chateau / Country House
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 12 Bedrooms, Sleeps 24, Beds for 24
Bathrooms: 11 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Pool Table
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Mountain Biking
- The château is situated just 10km from the autoroute and 45 minutes from Roissy CDG airport. Calais is less than two hours away and the château is only 100km from both Lille and Paris (Eurostar). London can be reached via Eurostar in 1 hour 20 minutes from Lille, and 2 hours 15 minutes from Paris. London is just 5 hours away by car via Eurotunnel. There is also an informal helipad on the property. The nearest town, Montdidier, is 6km away and Roye is 10km. The nearest large town is Amiens, some 30 minutes drive. Paris can be reached in just over an hour by car; there are also regular train services to the Gare du Nord from Amiens/Longeau. The château is in the heart of Picardie, surrounded by the battlefields and cemeteries of the Somme. The legacy of WW1 can still be seen on the château walls and throughout the park. There are many military cemeteries around the area, some large and well-known, others small and undiscovered....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Low season : 5,134/wk High season : 7,328/wk
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, February 28, 2013