1-BR House Just a Few Blocks from Downtown! 2 Bikes Included!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Downtown house description
Cute 1-BR house in a fantastic location! Quiet, residential neighborhood a few blocks from the hike & bike trail along the lake (and into town), 1.5 miles from the heart of downtown. It's great for exploring or retreating. And, two bikes are included in the cost of the rental!
There's a sitting area (with futon) and a work area (with 2 desks) in the living room. And, we like to cook, so the kitchen should have all you need. There's also a fair amount of new furniture, including an all-natural mattress. There's also a twin-size air mattress available.
Keywords: house, rental, alley flat
- Vacation Rental
- Limited Accessibility
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 5, Beds for 2-5
- Queen size Beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Covered Parking
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Broadband Access
- Deck / Patio
- Basketball Court
- Live Theater
- Miniature Golf
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- WITHIN 5 BLOCKS: Metz recreation center (playground, pool, baseball diamond, tennis, basketball, water play park), Town (Lady Bird) Lake, hike & bike trail (with easy access to downtown, Congress Avenue bats, ACL, and Barton Springs), authentic and vegetarian Mexican restaurants (including Juan in a Million), Esquina Tango dance/yoga/music venue, bus stops for downtown and UT buses. DOWNTOWN (1.5 miles): SXSW venues, Congress Avenue bridge bats, Sixth Street live music and bars, restaurants, cafes, coffee shops, museums, State Capitol Building, convention center, Texas Rollergirls (!), Austin Film Festival, BBQ restaurants, shopping, duck and Segway tours. SOUTH CONGRESS DISTRICT (2.5 miles): Continental Club, live music, restaurants, eclectic shopping. UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS (3 miles): athletic games, Blanton Art Museum, Harry Ransom Center, LBJ Library. BARTON SPRINGS/ZILKER PARK (3.5 miles): ACL Music Festival, spring-fed pool, huge park, sculpture garden. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$150/night, $930/week $50 cleaning fee. 50% deposit by credit card to hold reservation. Add 15% lodging tax. Special rate for ACL, SXSW, and F1.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
This beautiful trail around the lake is just down the street. It goes right downtown (and beyond) along the lake to the west -- including to the Congress Ave. bridge, with the bats. It also goes to the east, though not as far. And, there are some nice ball fields and open spaces, too....MoreCollapse
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: Hi! I'm a youngish, friendly, active guy. I renovated and live in the house next door (#342217). A good friend of mine lives here (and moves out for guests, so you have it to yourself). We love all sorts of outdoor activities, live music, sharing Austin with guests, and cooking. I'm happy to send you a compilation of info and suggestions in advance to help you get the most out of your time in Austin.
Why the Owner Chose Downtown:
First of all, I love Austin. There's a lot going on, tons of wonderful music, and the people are friendly and real. If you can take some heat in the summer, the climate's great, too. This particular neighborhood stood out because it really feels like a neighborhood (e.g., lots of long-time residents), there are lots of trees and parks, and it's very close to both the hike/bike trail along the lake and to the heart of downtown.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Biking, running, or throwing a frisbee down by the lake 3-4 blocks away; biking downtown easily (1.5 miles); and authentic Mexican restaurants within a couple blocks.
- Primary: 512-535-8152
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
From the kitchen into the living room.
Bedroom, from the doorway toward the back.
From bedroom toward front door.
Front of the house. (I'll try to get one in better light soon!)
From living room into kitchen
Bedroom, from the back toward the doorway.
Bathroom. There's a shower stall to the right.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, April 06, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.